Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Puh, nerve wrecking in the end, but nothing else than those 3 points are important. It wasn't a perfect performance, definitely not, but much better than the cup game in Ahlen. The midfield is too weak, the connection from the midfield to the attack is not working properly.

The defense is solid, Goncalves a top signing. Breska does a really good job. Unfortunately we will miss our captain for a long time. The rumours about the injury sound pretty bad.

Boakye was lucky with his first goal in his first game. Augsburgs keeper and the defender crashed together and Breska and Boakye had an easy job with only one opponent in front of the empty goal.
And Pino with his penalty, the luck was with him. :)

All in all, we need to get better, but I'm more optimistic than last week.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
During some periods they were quite awful. Blind long balls into the attack, slow defenders, etc. But as I said, only during some perioids. The rest was ok. 3-4 dangerous free kicks made me quite nervous. I'm sure you are interested in Szabics and Thorghelle. ;) Szabics was rather poor, especially with some senseless passes in front of the goal when he should have shot. Also Thorghelle didn't impress me, can't remember any dangerous scene from him.
All in all, when you take into account that Thurk was only on the bench at the beginning, some players were not fit yet and your keeper and a normally good defender were injured so early, there is still some space into the positive direction.

The diagnosis of Wolfs knee is a real knockdown. 6 months break due to a cruciate ligament rupture. :( Damn, damn, damn... I really hope this doesn't destroy our promotion plan, he is one of the most important parts of the team. Get well soon, Andi.

Peter Perchtold got subbed in for him and he left a good impression, although he's an offensive midfielder in first place.But ok, if he fulfills his job. I was surprised that Abardonado wasn't on the bench, but rumours are that he's not fit and a bit overweight. ;) Strange, when you think how much activity they all have.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Also Thorghelle didn't impress me, can't remember any dangerous scene from him
maybe the one from 54th ? :smileani:

The diagnosis of Wolfs knee is a real knockdown. 6 months break due to a cruciate ligament rupture. :( Damn, damn, damn... I really hope this doesn't destroy our promotion plan, he is one of the most important parts of the team. Get well soon, Andi.
loss of el Capitano is just BRUTAL :cry:

·
Registered
276 Posts
What worried me was how ineffective Vittek was. He really showed nothing and Boakye was the liveliest forward player on the pitch, not that it was hard to be in this game.

Wolf will be missed but surely we can get out of the second league with the defenders we have. Abardonado showed some real quality towards the end of last season and there is always Spiranovic who will surely become 1st choice for his country. It is a good job we have signed Goncalves though.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What worried me was how ineffective Vittek was. He really showed nothing and Boakye was the liveliest forward player on the pitch, not that it was hard to be in this game.

Wolf will be missed but surely we can get out of the second league with the defenders we have. Abardonado showed some real quality towards the end of last season and there is always Spiranovic who will surely become 1st choice for his country. It is a good job we have signed Goncalves though.
I thought that Vittek played ok in the beginning. One scene after the first or second corner looked promising, but afterwards you could have thought that he only plays in second gear. Like the whole team, better than in Ahlen, but we don't have the time to give everyone as much time as he needs. And it's not that he plays like that since a few weeks. I thought that Charisteas would have got the chance to play when Wolf hadn't left the pitch.

I'm pretty curious about Australias game against South Africa in London today. Spiros coach only speaks in the best tone about him and it looks as if he is on the best way to become a key player in their senior team. :thumbsup: In case the Club signs another defender, it would be a bad sign towards our Aussie. According to the BILD there are voices in the team and from the coach that they'd prefer a new central defender, but Bader is against that. Right now I can't think of any player on the market who would be a real improvement to Abardonado and Spiranovic.
So, get rid of some pounds, Pancho.. and Spiro, gain another 90 minutes of experience and have a nice flight back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts