Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ben Tatcher and Ugo Ehiogu are reportedly on their way. Graham is an admirer of Ugo and according to the english press, a deal seems to be really close. The story seems to be true especially since Ugo stated that he wants to leave Villa and Dons have been relegated. If a deal is done it should be revealed next week.

This means that it will be more competition in the defence, which is good. Chris Perry
better watch out because some of his games last season were horrible. Tarricco shouldn't be too sure of himself either.

Wut do you guys make out of this??!!

D

·
0 Posts
United are willing to pay 17 million pounds for Campbell. Fergusson still is in the hunt for a new defender and midfielder, despite the record signing of keeper Barthez.

Campbell, one of the best centre-backs in England, the best together with Adams, he will shine at Euro 2000.

Campbell should move to Man Utd, a player of his reputation deserves to win some prizes, that's impossible with Tottenham of course.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wut??!!

Wut does this have to do with anything?!?!
Do you have any knowledge in the premiership and english football in general? Are you aware of the fact that Tottenham is one of the top-5 most succesful clubs in english history? We havent been good for the ten last years, but there is a revolution going on.

With Graham, Rebrov, Sully, superteens Davies and Etherington + a couple of more signings on their way, I think there is a pretty good chance we'll win something big soon.

"Impossible to win prizes with Tottenham"?
Wut about The league cup last year??

Tottenham will rise again!

D

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah the league cup, where teams such as Arsenal and Man Utd let their reserves do some running, that cup you mean?

Who is going to replace Ginola?

Stop bringing ancient history into the picture, Tottenham was once very succesful, a very long time ago.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is not going to Scum Utd. Get it!!??!
I read several articles saying that Sol is perfectley happy with the ambition showed by the club, and the signíngs they made. Spurs are ready to brake the bank to keep him.
Anyway,talks will begin at the end of Euro2000.

Ancient history?!!?! I'm talking about 9 years! :( A clubs rep. is build on its history. Bad history=bad rep. Get it??!!

Don't be an arrogant Scum, get the whole picture and try to understand that Tottenham is getting back to the top where they belong.

C'MON YOU SPURS!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Oh, I don't think anybody is saying spurs are a small club, compared to walsall, or peterborough their huge, just that their inconsequential. Last year they finished 10th . The year before 11th. The last time they won the leage was 40 years ago. Perhaps with the coming of Rebrov things will change, and they will at last grab some sort of success they have been waiting years for. But, there have been many false dawns before....remember when klinsman came, or how about les ferdinand and ruel fox, but who knows maybe this time things will be different, just maybe.....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think all Spursfans, including me, are perfectly aware of the lack of consistesy
and major trophies. But everything has an end
(I hope) and this long (too long) time without major success will come to an end. Lets wait and see wut players we will buy and how the season turnsout and we'll see if this was just another false dawn.

B

·
0 Posts
Spurz a big club?.....hmmm, perhaps if you measure by the number of Worthless cups won, however I you do I by something more significant, say.... league titles then I think u will find that sperz are behind great teams like Huddersfield and of course the magnificent Wolverhampton wanderers, and by the way if you weren't aware, spars last one the title 40 YEARS ago, not 9.

p.s Davies is not a teenager....please get your facts right, your the moderater of the forum tou know

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you really pissed me off!!! :(

Who the hell is talking about league titels??!!! I'm talking about the F.A cup. They won they F.A cup 9 years ago, everybody, including my granma, knows that Arsenal won the champ. in 91!! Lets get this straight now: Spurs won the F.A cup (which is not worthless Mr.Ignorant) 8 times, the league cup twice, league twice,Uefa cup twice and
Cup win. cup once. Thats a hell of alot better than Huds who won the league 3 times in the 20's.

Do you think a clubs reputatation is only determined by the amount of trophies it won?
Fanbase, number of years in the highest division, economic resources are some vital factors.

Take Lazio for example. They won their firsty title EVER this year. Would you consider Genoa as a bigger team then them, coz Genoa won more titles?
Maybe you would, but not me and the rest of
the world.

And for the Davies thing, yes maybe he turned 20 earlier this year. 19 or 20 who the phuck cares, ´HE is YOUNG and thats my POINT!! :(

Before you come here and insult me and Spurs, I would like you to read the topics carefully and stop marking peoples words.That won't get you nowhere!! :( :(

C'mon you Spurs!!!

[This message has been edited by Mikael (edited 05-06-2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
My, my you are angry, i'm sorry if I upset u :(. But, really you should decide, whether you believe a clubs calibre is determined by their history as a whole (your first point), or in recent history(you last point)...please reply when u make your mind up. Thanx.

p.s I'm sorry but I think that spurs fail miserably in either category. :( :( :( :( :( Sorry.

[This message has been edited by blitheid (edited 05-06-2000).]

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason I started bringin up history and trophies is because the Driver guy started
babblin about Tottenham beeing not able to win prizes. I never said that a clubs rep is
totally determined by either the total amount of trophies they won or the clubs recent history. Its a mixture of both.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
With signings like Rebrov,Sullivan and Ehiogu,Thatcher (if they get them) I wonder why would anyone consider Tottenham a small club...their defence will be the second best in PL and Rebrov-Iversen sounds a really lethal attack.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't expect too much of a gooner, can you?

;)

C*MON YOU SPURS!!!

[This message has been edited by Mikael (edited 05-06-2000).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts