Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that we've got a forum manager with a team from that league ... :pp ... here's the new thread for "Die stärkste 2.Liga aller Zeiten!!" I just have to tell that to myself day in day out. Perhaps one day I'll believe it. :D

The top promotion contender according to the 18 coaches is unbelieveably my 1.FCN. Normally yes, but our current form is miles away from that aim. The defense is good, but our offensive part is simply too weak, although we've got the names on the field. Pinola, Wolf, Schäfer, Vittek, Charisteas, Mintal... not every 2nd division club has had such names in its squad, but from last year we sadly know that this can mean nothing. Well, we'll see.

The other main contenders are surely the other two relegated teams, MSV Duisburg and Hansa Rostock.

Duisburg made a big cut into their squad, 17 players left the club, 13 came in. The attack is totally new. I can't say much about the guy from Bruges, Salou, but the young player from Bayern II, Sandro Wagner, should be a promising talent. All in all, they also lack a real goal scoring machine, just like us, but they're definitely a team to watch.

Hansa has also lost important players like Sebastian and Stein, and apart from the Danish midfielder Retov, they didn't sign experienced players. Especially the defense is the inexperienced part and the fact that the #1 in the goal, Stefan Wächter, is injured until November doesn't look too bright for Rostock. They've got the team to play in the first third of the table, but for the first two spots they don't have the team in my opinion.

The other teams which are supposed to be fighting for promotion are the, let's say, usual ones: SC Freiburg, SV Mainz 05, Alemannia Aachen. Apart from them I also regard Greuther Fürth, 1860 and Kaiserslautern as possible top teams in the coming season. And maybe a surprise team, Ingolstadt for example, or maybe St. Pauli. Also Wehen comes to my mind, haven't they got a rather rich guy in the back as well? At least Ingolstadt could be the dark horse. Their cup game against Hamburg was not bad, at least half of the game.

In Mainz they have to live aftermath of the era Klopp. They've got a good team, although 1-2 key players left the club, like Subotic who followed Klopp to Dortmund.

So much for the promotion race.

The relegation fight will surely be decided between teams like FSV Frankfurt, Oberhausen, Koblenz, Osnabrück, Ahlen (although they have left a good impression against us), etc. I'm not sure about Augsburg. They luckily managed to stay up last year, but I can't estimate their strength this summer. I'm only quite nervous before our opener against them next Sunday.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first matchday. Already with some pretty interesting clashes like Mainz-Lautern and Duisburg-Rostock.

Fr, 15.08.08, 18:00 h 1.FSV Mainz 05 - 1.FC Kaiserslautern - : -
Fr, 15.08.08, 18:00 h Alemannia Aachen - SV Wehen Wiesbaden - : -
Fr, 15.08.08, 18:00 h FC St. Pauli - VfL Osnabrück - : -
So, 17.08.08, 14:00 h 1.FC Nürnberg - FC Augsburg 07 - : -
So, 17.08.08, 14:00 h SC Freiburg - TSV 1860 München - : -
So, 17.08.08, 14:00 h TuS Koblenz - Rot-Weiß Oberhausen - : -
So, 17.08.08, 14:00 h Rot-Weiß Ahlen - FSV Frankfurt - : -
So, 17.08.08, 14:00 h FC Ingolstadt 04 - SpVgg Greuther Fürth - : -
Mo, 18.08.08, 20:15 h MSV Duisburg - FC Hansa Rostock - : -

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Anyone knows when the next matchdays will be 'terminiert'?

Want to visit Augsburg versus Sankt Pauli but I need to know the exact date and kickoff time :).

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, but DSF does.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and at least it's the most Bavarian 2.Liga of all time. ;)

I'm really curious what 1860 can achieve. Will all their young guns who played in the title winning U19 NT get their chances? Will Lauth get back to his last 1860 form from a few years ago? I hope not. ;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone knows when the next matchdays will be 'terminiert'?

Want to visit Augsburg versus Sankt Pauli but I need to know the exact date and kickoff time :).
I think they will announce the dates when the CL and UEFA Cup draws for the first round are done. So not until beginning of September.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow.. what a start. Mainz gave a 3-0 half time lead away to Kaiserslautern. Perfect result for us in my opinion. St.Pauli draws with Osnabrück and Aachen is the first Spitzenreiter after their 2-1 against Wehen.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh my god, St.Pauli is so stupid. 3rd game (with the cup game) and the 3rd red card. That's not the way you win games. And then they lose to Fürth by 2-5!? Come on...

Freiburg only with a 2-2 in Osnabrück, not bad.

It's good to see that other promotion candidates only draw against such teams. :) The draw between Duisburg and Rostock last Monday was also excellent.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice goals so far today. I'm sure Dark Andy is happy about Torghelles two goals for Augsburg... especially the first one was a beauty.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
na na.. they're not ready for the top division. ;) But be sure that I'd rather see them one league higher than some other teams.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, shake on it. :)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rostock - Aachen 1:0 (0:0)
SV Wehen - Duisburg 1:1 (1:1)
1860 München - Mainz 1:2 (0:2)
Augsburg - Ahlen 3:0 (2:0)
Oberhausen - Ingolstadt 2:1 (2:1)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
I think they will announce the dates when the CL and UEFA Cup draws for the first round are done. So not until beginning of September.
Thanks.

Still nothing yet, but here's patience...

Want to do a Bayern tour, the Regionalliga Süd and Bayernliga are already terminiert, but now it's waiting for the 2. Bundesliga and 3. Liga, because my main goal is a visit to the Rosenaustadion with FC Augsburg - Sankt Pauli :).
I'm also hoping to visit Bayern-Fiorentina on tuesday in the CL, but not sure whether it's possible to get tickets for that one...

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knoert, we will know more in the 37th calendar week.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Knoert, we will know more in the 37th calendar week.
Thanks, can't wait. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I just see the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga are terminiert!

Fr 17.10.08 18:00
1. FC Nürnberg - SC Freiburg
VfL Osnabrück - RW Oberhausen
1. FC Kaiserslautern - Rot-Weiss Ahlen

So 19.10.08 14:00
Hansa Rostock - TuS Koblenz
MSV Duisburg - FC Ingolstadt 04
SV Wehen Wiesbaden - FSV Frankfurt
1860 München - SpVgg Greuther Fürth
FC Augsburg - FC St. Pauli

Mo 20.10.08 20:15 Alemannia Aachen - 1. FSV Mainz 05

1 - 20 of 27 Posts