Mankam 30 49-62 32
KIL 30 33-57 29
Kjelsås 30 26-50 24
Byåsen 30 29-78 12

Relegated from Tippeligaen:
Tromsø and Strømsgodset

Promoted from the 2nd division:
Oslo Øst, Lørenskog, Åsane and Tollnes

Coming soon.....my prediction, and hopefully yours! ;)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. Tromsø
A kind of team, that we now expect to see in the Tippeliga. Northern Norway's representative alongside Bodø. A squad that was tipped to go over the middle of last years Tippeliga table, has not been strongly weakened, and should be enough to make them a winner at this level.

2. Ham-Kam
Seems to have something going, and if they get Gullerud as well, I can't see them not fighting in the very top. This might be their year. A strong squad, a good audience, and got the results to prove it from last year.

3. Aalesund
After last year, the team has been considerably strenghtened. At the moment, it looks like there will be no injuries at the start of the season, and hopefully Frode Fagermo will be back by then. New left winger to replace Yttis(went to Hødd), new central midfielder, and a new striker. Our many young talents are also getting older and more experienced. With all respect to the many serious contenders, I believe in Aalesund this season, it might prove to be stupid, and I reckon most experts will put us 6th or 7th, but I think we can do it.

4. Strømsgodset
I am sure that some of the heavy predicters, Bladet Fotball, VG, Dagbladet, Nettavisen, Avspark, will have SIF as favourites, but they don't seem too strong to me, and I think they will have trouble with beating Ham-Kam, and perhaps also teams like AaFK, L/F, and Haugesund. Lost Flo, and some others, it will affect them negatively.

5. L/F Hønefoss
Strengthened with players like goalkeeper Frode Grodås, defender Olav Zanetti, midfielder Bjørn Viljugrein, and attacker Evind Eriksen, and coach Lars Tjernås. This team has a lot of quality, and in the 1st division, a raw team that hasn't played much together might still do great..too early to tell though. Right now, 5th sounds about right.

6. Haugesund
Weakened this winter(lost 6 players), unstable last season, and finished the season poorly. They were supposed to have the best squad last year, now is the time to prove it.

7. Raufoss
Like last season, they are the Dark Horse....outsider favourites, don't count them out, but will probably disappoint again.

8. Skeid
Strenghtened with top players from Viking such as Jørgen Tengesdal. A good team last year, won't do a lot worse this season..will get well clear of relegation, but not fight for promotion.

9. Sandefjord
Impressed last year, and could do it again. Will probably not get relegated, but with some bad luck, it could happen. Won't get promoted.

10. Oslo Øst
Over hyped, but still seems to have something going. If what they say is true, they could be a treath a few years from now. First agenda: Survival.

11. Åsane
Came from a semi weak 2nd division group, but still seems to be doing good in training matches, and has an exciting junior team. Bergen needs a second 1st division team, and after a tough first division they get saved in the second last round.

12. Tromsdalen
I was about to put them as far down as relegation....but admitted to myself that it will probably be mistake of the year. Difficult to say how city rivals Tromsø's appearance in the division have to say. Wil it make TUIL better, or will they lose players to TIL?

13. Hødd
18 players in the squad at the moment, strenghtened with 35 year old former AaFK player Erling Ytterland. I don't think they can fight with AaFK this season, and with all they have been through, it would take an amazing team spirit to save Hødd. In reality there is no team in Norway with more team spirit. But like a few years ago, it won't be enough this time.

14. Tollnes
New, small, not good enough. Still hard to predict though...I think they will do bad, even if they came from a very tough 2nd division group. Could be a surprise.

15. Ørn-Horten
Just got saved last year, and will more than likely get relegated this season. Seemed weak last year, and it's only a matter of time before they go down.

16. Lørenskog
Got promoted from the worst 2nd division group. This team hasn't got much chance to survive IMO.....but the season hasn't been played yet, so I have to wait and see.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am probably totally wrong here:D, but I'll give it a try anyway :undecide:

1. Tromsø
2. Ham-Kam
3. Strømsgodset
4. Haugesund
5. Aalesund
6. Sandefjord
7. L/F Hønefoss
8. Raufoss
9. Hødd
10. Skeid
11. Oslo Øst
12. Åsane
13. Tromsdalen
14. Tollnes
15. Ørn-Horten
16. Lørenskog

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
1. Tromsø
A very solid team, major surprise that they got relegated last season, and they've actually strengthened their team. Can't see who can threaten them.

2. Ham-Kam
Very good coach, and great results last season. Everyone was a bit taken aback when they almost managed to get promoted. This year they are ready for it.

3. Haugesund
I was gonna predict them higher, but cause of financial problems they had to let some players go. Will be fighting for the playoff position.

4. Strømsgodset
Real bad team with two great players. Jostein Flo and Lasse Olsen have saved this team so many times. Hopefully they won't manage again. Will be fighting for the playoff position though, just cause Flo is an unstoppable ox.

5. L/F Hønefoss
Good coach, solid signings. Will be one of the 3 teams fighting for the playoff position.

6. Raufoss
Hard to know where you've got this team. Got every opportunity to succeed, but are the masters at choking.

7. Aalesund
Well, we all know how great AaFK are :D They haven't really been strengthened since the last season in mind opinion, and the first division is tougher cause of the teams relegated. Might end up higher.

8. Åsane
The biggest wildcard of the division. Got a very solid team, and had few problems winning the promotion. Signed several players with Tippeliga experience, and are working hard to settle in the first division. They might end up higher, but it's not certain how the new "stars" will interact with the old fighters at the club. Also lost their two most important players in the last season. Might end up higher, something they are counting on, but I think they'll probably need a season to adjust to the higher level.

9. Sandefjord
Don't know too much about what's been going on with them. Probably a good thing, no scandals :D

10. Tromsdalen
Were impressive in the early season last year, but failed miserably. Think they'll struggle with big-brother Tromsø in the same division.

11. Hødd
Can fight with anyone in single games, but lack stability to climb high in the division.

12. Skeid
Are left behind by Lyn and VIF, and will have trouble becoming the third big Oslo team because of Oslo Øst. Signed a few good players, but as a team, they are weak.

13. Ørn-Horten
This is a bad team, had an ultimate season last year. I think the first division is stronger this year, and they'll struggle to avoid relegation.

14. Oslo Øst
Over-hyped team. They got connections and publicity. Can become the new VIF. But will struggle to remain in the first division.

15. Tollnes
Bad team.

16. Lørenskog
Motherclub of Carew, so I'm obligated to predict them last :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Strømsgodset

I don't think Strømsgodset will do that well this year. It seems like their team spirit is gone, and they've lost a very important player. David Hanssen left to Vålerenga, he was excellent last season with his agressive play in midfield. He'll be a big player for VIF this season, and Strømsgodset will have trouble replacing him.

Also, I've heard some talk about Lasse Olsen leaving the club. He did some great stuff last season (who can forget his lovely goals vs Brann and LSK ???), and should be playing for a better club.

Strømsgodset lost 3-1 when they played Skiold (newly promoted to third division) earlier this month and seemed to be lacking any kind of team spirit. Jostein Flo was crying as usual when his team didn't win.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I certainly hope you are right Wiz....and if Olsen leaves, I really think you are. It is about time to get some change now, and hopefully it means AaFK going up instead of Godset, but if it doesn't I still hope that Raufoss, Hønefoss or Sandefjord goes up, so we get some change. It would do us good.

How about your prediction Wiz? I would love to see both your 1st division prediction and your Tippeliga prediction. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Hey

I'll let ya all know my predictions pretty soon, just a little busy these days. Sometime next week, hopefully.

I'm also bored of seein those same ol' teams goin up and down (like godset). Let's get some new guys up there, Sandefjord seems exciting, signed Saliti on free transfer. He's been at Vålerenga for a while (scored against Liverpool), but spent last season playin for the club in my heart, Ullern. Even though they were relegated, he scored tons of goals. I think he ended up on 35, about 80% of the team total:eek: Nordlie could possibly do some wonders for them, it's exciting:)

NorwegianWiz

·
Registered
30 Posts
1. Tromsø - unbelievable that they're even in this division
2. Ham-Kam - great last year, set for Tippeligaen if Gullerud sings
3. Aalesund - great potential
4. Sandefjord - exciting new team, look out for Saliti
5. Haugesund - lost some players due to financial problems
6. Raufoss - great coach in Oppjordsmoen
7. L/F Hønefoss
8. Skeid - not enough depth
9. Strømsgodset - lost Hanssen, how long will Olsen stay ?
10. Tromsdalen - not good enough on the road
11. Hødd - lost players, not enough depth
12. Oslo Øst - very ambitious, but will experience a battle
13. Åsane - sorry, just not enough
14. Tollnes - not enough quality
15. Ørn-Horten - weak last year
16. Lørenskog - not good enough

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does seem like the 1st division is particularily hard to predict. I have seen people mention 10 teams as promotion candidates, and not mention AaFK at all. Almost everyone that is a supporter of their team think they are going to do great, f.ex. I have yet to see a person from Bergen that doesn't think that Åsane will be on the upper part of the table.

Still the team that seems to be most debated is Strømsgodset. I think I have been under the wrong impression that Flo has left the club. I was certain that he said last year, that he was going to retire, but it now seems that he will play. He alone, will strenghten the team considerably.

Loved you prediction Wiz, I hope it turns out just that way ;)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Ah what the hell, i'll give my fearless (if naive) predictions

1) Hamarkamaretene
2) Tromsoe
3) LF Hoenefoss
4) Aalesund
5) Stromsgodset
6) Haugesund
7) Sandefjord
8) Raufoss
9) Skied
10) Aasane
11) Oslo Oest (arent' they ManU's feeder club? )
12) Hodd
13) Tromsdalen
14) Oern Horten
15) Tollnes
16) Loerenskog

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like we have folled you when it comes to Strømsgodset Andreas :nasty: They will probably get promoted again :D :dielaugh:

As for Oslo Øst, they are a in theory a feeder club to United, but it's still early on in the process and I don't believe something serious has happened yet. The strangest part behind it from my point of view, is that one of the top top guys behind this deal, is AaFKs moneybag. Our nice "uncle" from America. He moved from the city Ålesund as a little kid to the USA, where he became incredibly rich. Now he owns the Boston Bulldogs, and many other things. On top of this, he sends money to AaFK every once in a while :D So when Alex Ferguson was in Norway last time, the one he talked most to was this guy, and from the training field of Oslo Øst to the airport, they were driven together to the airport..alone in the car with the driver. And in that car, he discussed further work with AaFK too...I dont know what will happen though, since I haven't heard anything since..I believe this was in November or close to that time.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Interesting

So clarify for me;

Does these little "conversations" imply that

* ManU may want to try to buy AaFK and use them as a feeder club in the future?, and/or

* Is the "nice uncle" interested in having ManYU use the Boston bulldogs as a feeder club?

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has to the best of my knowledge nothing to do with the Boston Bulldogs, but who knows. what he told my local newspaper was that he worked on a deal that would include AaFK in the Oslo Øst/Man U relationship. Training camps, exchange of players etc. Also if Oslo Øst fails, and gets relegated, it might be more interesting with a stabile and developing AaFK team. But who knows, it could end up in nothing...

·
Registered
456 Posts
1. HAMKAM!!! (who can blame me??:D )
2. Tromsø (sorry, no top-placing to you from me:devil: )
3. Aalesund
4. Strømsgodset
5. L/F Hønefoss
6. Haugesund
7. Raufoss
8. Sandefjord
9. Skeid
10. Tromsdalen
11. Åsane
12. Hødd
13. Oslo Øst
14. Ørn Horten
15. Lørenskog

Yup.... :confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jostein Flo

Jostein Flo always tells people he will retire, but he's played in Godset's pre-season friendlies and he's workin out with the team. He's a very important part of the team, so to lose him, Olsen and Hanssen in the same year would be a disaster.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Will be interesting to see what Flo does, and how good he will be..some time soon he has to be too old..no??

Glad to see you predict AaFK so high Snowqueen, you must have been listening in class. :D :devil:

·
Registered
30 Posts
In my opinion, it's not the age that is Flo's biggest problem. His biggest problem is the fact that he's always whining about everything. He's always complaining about the referee, screaming for penalties and getting booked. He's still got at least two years left at 1st division level, but I'm sick of his complaining.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Orange said:
Glad to see you predict AaFK so high Snowqueen, you must have been listening in class. :D :devil:
Yeah, gosh, look at that.. How did they get that high?:confused: :D

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
snowqueen said:

Yeah, gosh, look at that.. How did they get that high?:confused: :D
You're all making me nervous now...I mean if the season go the way Jinxter predicted it will be boring...but now I am allowing myself to dream about more...and if they dont get close to it I will be so disappointed :nervous:

BTW you forgot to predict for Tollnes Snowqueen ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts