Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid proudly presents GAK as the opponent for the celebration of their 100th anniversary.

Oder so ähnlich... ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...well, that's sort of, nun, a surprise. Expect them to bid for Ronnie 300 million Euro plus Figo after that game.......

;)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alexx said:
...well, that's sort of, nun, a surprise. Expect them to bid for Ronnie 300 million Euro plus Figo after that game.......

;)
5 goals this season - who the **** is Figo? ;)

I must say I'm really looking forward to seeing Real in Graz this summer. Date should be July 27th.
I'm glad it's not Bayern who were being considered too.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
arantes said:
I'm glad it's not Bayern who were being considered too.
What a classy post! :cool: ;)

btw: Sportwoche really believe Brunmayr could win the golden boot - I doubt that - and explained that Henry has taken over second spot from Ronnie...

What about Figo + Zidane for Ronnie? ;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Wow, cool idea, my hometown boy winning the golden boot....but even a top 3 ranking would be tremendous!

Should be possible, with Sturms and Rapids new defence...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
As long as our new-formed defense doesn't frustrate him that much, right? ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's the spirit

No more goals for Ronnie against

Ziegler
Fernando-Hiden-Dospel-Rata

FAK forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh I hope that I am not too optimistic about that :D but I guess that being optimistic is the only way to react right now cause one day we'll be back on top of the league (Fragt sich nur wann ;)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Viola said:
Should be possible, with Sturms and Rapids new defence...
Mind you, with our signings Feldhofer, Knez and Adamski we should be much stronger than in fall... :)

Then again, that´s not much of an achievement to speak of :mute: ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
As much as I loved Ronnie winning the boot (he is a man I always really liked, probably because of his obvious melancholy and quiet melancholic people I enjoy over loudmouth persons anytime), but as far as I know, he won't get anywhere near the golden boot, even if he scores like hell. And that's because the boot is not handed out anymore on the grounds of goals, but on a certain quota involving the strength of the league.

Crespo missed the last boot only by fractions, despite Larsson scored a lot more goals.

So, I have a certain feeeling the t-mobile Bundesliga won't present the best of quota to it's leading scorer. Could that be...? ;)

:)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Well it's 1,5 (like Scotland I guess) compared to 2 of Italy, Spain, England, Germany, etc.
If Van Nistelrooy gets back to his scoring today (hopefully ;)) I rate him as the favourite to win the boot, despite EC goals (6 in CL) not even counting.

On another note: Who else would have deserved the golden boot last year if not Larsson. I think he scored over 50 goals in all competitions!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Answer: CRESPO !!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
arantes said:

I must say I'm really looking forward to seeing Real in Graz this summer. Date should be July 27th.
:yuck:

There are also rumours that they are trying to bring Di Stefano, Pele and Cruyff to Graz for those celebrations.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MxPx said:

There are also rumours that they are trying to bring Di Stefano, Pele and Cruyff to Graz for those celebrations.
I read about that. Has something to do with McDonalds who want to do some sponsoring for GAK.
But I'd have better ideas what to spend their money for...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And that's GAK's team of the century:

Goalkeeper:
Savo Ekmecic 1978-1985 (The man who introduced Skater-Look 20 years ago. ;)) Which means that Austrian Wunderteam-Tormann has a position he never had in his career: Ersatztormann. ;)

Defenders:
Gerry Erkinger 1962-1970
Harald Gamauf 1980-1990
Zejlko Vukovic (yeah!) 1995-1999

Midfielders:
Walter Koleznik 1962-1978
Sepp Stering 1969-1972
Harald Rebernig 1970-1976
Mario Zuenelli 1974-1987
Ales Ceh (yeah! :)) since 1992

Strikers:
Willi Sgerm 1956-1967
Ronald Brunmayr since 2000

And now - Trrrrommelwirbel - here's the coach of the century: Surprised me, but should be a well deserved title for

Hans-Ulrich Thomale 1993-1996

Maybe I should add that this was a vote among GAK-supporters. So these are the most popular either than the best players. But for the time I can remember there are definitely the right guys in the team.

Topic to be continued...

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Just beat the white scum. :)
In case you don´t know the link, arantes: 100 Jahre GAK A very nice archive.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Of course I know this site. Good piece of work by Robert and Herbert.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
And another great archive. :)

...and that leads to the thesis, that - at least in Austria - the best football-sites are always unofficial ones!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
tgv325 said:
...and that leads to the thesis, that - at least in Austria - the best football-sites are always unofficial ones!
Definitely.
It´s also like that with Vienna. The official site is nothing compared to Vienna's pride (check out the youth-section, amazing!).

The only official sites worth mentioning are probably those of Salzburg, Kärnten, Austria.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Imo you can cancel Austria off this list. There is Viola-TV (and Viola-FM), but that's as far as it goes. Almost all other aspects "suffer", from the easiest of tasks (presenting results, the squad) to more difficult ones (English version, etc.).

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Yep, Viola-TV was the main reason why I included the FAK-website.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts