Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1860 Munich Considering Move For Bierhoff
News Archive

Munich-bound?...Oliver Bierhoff (Reuters)
04/17/2002.

Bundesliga club 1860 Munich are considering a summer swoop for AS Monaco's unsettled Germany striker Oliver Bierhoff.

"Bierhoff is a very interesting player and his signing is one of the opportunities we are considering at the moment," revealed 1860 president Karl-Heinz Wildmoser. "I will start negotiations with him in the near future," he added.

Bierhoff, 34, has repeatedly stated that he will not make any comment regarding his future until after the World Cup. However, he is not likely to be adverse to a move back to his homeland, as he has endured a strained relationship with Moncaco coach Didier Deschamps.

soccernet

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Just for the record, they are also interested in Fredi Bobic. Bierhoff and Bobic are both interesting player, said coach Pacult, but he also said that they are too old and HE doesn't want them :D.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
There are also rumours about Austrian striker Christian Mayrleb joining 1860.
Pacult denied that though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
it is best for Bierhoff to either retire, move back to Germany or play in the MLS

I'm hoping he will play in the bundesliga for at least one season to say goodbye eventhough the majority of people don't like him

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Basti said:
it is best for Bierhoff to either retire, move back to Germany or play in the MLS

I'm hoping he will play in the bundesliga for at least one season to say goodbye eventhough the majority of people don't like him
Thats a thing I can´t understand!:mad:
Everywhere abroad he gets the respect, he earns, but in Germany he is the most critizized player, although a Jancker or Zickler score less and play not as good as Bierhoff!:mad: :frustrat:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts