Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a report on FSW that Houston will 86 the 1836 due to pressure for the Mexican fans in Houston.

I have to say that this may be a bad move. I understand the need for MLS to court the fans in Houston, considering how poor a start they have had with this 1836 business, but I think they should keep the name.

If they do change, I would hope they go with somthing simple ...

SC Houston '06

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
boo hoo, if this was the Metrostars we would have to rename the team Metroestrellas just to please the only fans they care for

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
thats terrible if they change it

get the hell over it! you lost texas a looong time ago! let em celebrate

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They always have to complicate it ...

SC Houston '06
FC Houston
Houston AC or AC Houston (this one nay already exist)

Keep it simple, stupid !!!
I hope the hispanic community "NOW" comes out to support "their new team".
Hopefully the uniforms are all white w/brown and orange trim.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It's supposed to symbolize a blue collar mindset. In the press release, they actually went so far as to describe the workings of a dynamo and how it relates to the Houston community.

Thankfully, they did not decide on Dynamo Houston, which, aside from maybe CSKA Houston, would have been one of the most idiotic things they could have called the club.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Exactly, hence my CSKA example. I thought it was silly enough to call a team Real Salt Lake, considering how "Real" is a title awarded to a club by the Spanish crown, but, given what it represents, Dynamo Houston would have been the dumbest name by far. :D

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
Dynamo, its OK, I liked Houston 1836 better but this is ok....though Dynamo is mainly used with EE clubs:

Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) Dynamo Moscow (Russia) Dinamo Tbilisi (Georgia) Dinamo Bucharest (Romania) Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine) Dynamo Dresden (Germany) etc..

·
Registered
69,081 Posts
speaking of name chaning did any of you hear what the Metros might do? Red Bull is buying the team and they might use Red Bull as part of the team name :howler:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Red Bull Metrostars? :howler:

That's happened in Poland and we now have teams like GKS BOT Belchatow, Dospel Katowice, Amica Wronki, etc...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts