·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAICON IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
59,826 Posts
Tough match. Our defence has been conceding silly goals in the past few games and that needs to stop because the likes of Floccari, Doni and Pinto are threats.

I'd play Adriano from the start.

Forza Inter.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes...our defense has been quite shaky lately...that's the area we need to improve...hope cordoba is ok...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Atalanta v Inter: disciplinary info
Wednesday, 14 January 2009 14:00:08
[FOTO Wednesday, 14 January 2009 14:00:08]

MILAN - Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari will miss Sunday's Serie A Week 19 trip to Bergamo through suspension, while five players are on a booking away from bans.

Disciplinary info:

Atalanta
Cautioned: Ferreira Pinto, Garics.
Disqualified: -

Inter
Cautioned: Balotelli, Ibrahimovic, Quaresma.
Disqualified: -

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serie A Week 19 - 18/1/09 (14.00 UK)
Atalanta - Inter
Stadio Azzurri d'Italia

With Jose Mourinho’s angry words still ringing in their ears, Inter will be desperate to get back on track away to an Atalanta side stinging from a defeat at Palermo.

After an excellent start to the season, reality has set in for Atalanta. The Orobici are sliding down the table and need to return to winning ways quickly if they are to remain in the hunt for UEFA Cup qualification.

Gigi Del Neri’s men were unfortunate to lose 3-2 to Palermo last weekend having fought back from 2-0 down before shipping a costly third. They will be keen to make amends for that lapse, but will undoubtedly be outsiders against the more prestigious Nerazzurri.

The main source of encouragement for La Dea is their excellent home record – they have conceded just seven goals at home all season.

Nobody expected the leaders to start 2009 with anything less than three points against Cagliari, but they had to dig deep just to pick up a point. Mourinho was livid as the Beneamata’s advantage over Juventus was cut to four points and he will be on the warpath if Inter don’t claim maximum points in Bergamo.

There are a few rumblings of discontent in the Inter camp with striking sensation Mario Balotelli causing trouble and Mourinho needs to stamp out any hint of dissent. Furthermore, it is crucial for the reigning champions to find their feet before their pivotal Champions League battle with Manchester United next month. A Coppa Italia win over Genoa will have been welcome, but the 30 minutes of extra-time won’t have been what the Special One was hoping for.

Atalanta have a trio of absentees when the League leaders come to town. Alessio Cerci, Marino Defendi and Daniele Capelli are all injured, but Del Neri’s key men are raring to go.

The visitors are still without Serbian midfielder Dejan Stankovic, who is suffering from a twisted knee. Influential Ghanaian international Sulley Muntari is suspended. Luis Jimenez may get a run in the starting XI.

Keep an eye on: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter) – The super Swede has 11 goals this term and rescued the Nerazzurri once again against Cagliari.

Last season: Atalanta 0-2 Inter

Form guide: Atalanta (W W D L L) Inter (W W W W D)
Atalanta (probable): Coppola; Garics, Talamonti, Manfredini, Bellini; Ferreira Pinto, Cigarini, Guarente, Padoin; Doni, Floccari

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba, Samuel, Maxwell; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Chivu, Jimenez; Ibrahimovic, Cruz

Ref: To follow…

channel4

·
Registered
59,826 Posts
Last season: Atalanta 0-2 Inter
Gramps and Balotelli, with the latter having a great game: assisted, scored and his movement and passing were good.

·
Registered
45,385 Posts
I would like Obinna to start. Right now, he's the best option at stretching teams on the left. Things are too predictable with everything happening on the right...even if Maicon (and Zanetti) causes lots of problems over there.

Think of Obinna as our Pato. I don't care if he crosses well or not as long as he causes problems and stretches the other team, which in turn can open things up elsewhere. This guy usually does this when he comes on...

·
Registered
45,385 Posts
Edited the date in the thread title from 19th January to the 18th. Don't hate me, Cars. :(

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
A tough game Atalanta also on the rebound after last weeks gallant defeat in Palermo,It's the nerazzurri vs the Nerazzurri:flirt:.A real competitive match and in Bergamo Atalanta a tough nut to crack an honest prediction Inter to win 1-2:).

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edited the date in the thread title from 19th January to the 18th. Don't hate me, Cars. :(
thanks man...

btw, i agree that we should give obinna more time to play...he can't be so much worse than balotelli, crespo, cruz and adriano...he deserves some playing time to prove himself...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rizzoli appointed for Atalanta v Inter
Friday, 16 January 2009 12:10:32
[FOTO Friday, 16 January 2009 12:10:32]

MILAN - Nicola Rizzoli of the Bologna refereeing section has been appointed to take charge of Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 19 fixture between Atalanta and Inter. He will be assisted by linesmen Copelli and Stagnoli, with Romeo acting as fourth man.

Atalanta v Inter is Rizzoli's third Nerazzurri fixture of the season after Roma 0-4 Inter and Inter 1-0 Juventus.

Serie A Week 19 fixtures & match officials (all kick-offs at 15:00 on Sunday 17 January unless stated otherwise):
AC Milan v Fiorentina (Sat 17 Jan at 20:30): Rosetti; Rossomando, D'Agostini; Bergonzi
Atalanta v Inter: Rizzoli; Copelli, Stagnoli; Romeo
Cagliari v Udinese: Peruzzo; Bagnoli, Lanciani; Ciampi
Catania v Bologna (Sat 17 Jan at 18:00): Ayroldi; R.Bianchi, Vicinanza; Damato
Chievo v Napoli: Farina; Grilli, Rosi; Candussio
Lazio v Juventus (Sun 18 Jan at 20:30): Morganti; Romagnoli, Nicoletti; Celi
Lecce v Genoa: Pinzani; Carrer, Melloni; Valeri
Sampdoria v Palermo: Stefanini; Di Fiore, Franzi; Mazzoleni
Siena v Reggina: Giannoccaro; M.Bernardoni, Masotti; Banti
Torino v Roma: Rocchi; Ayroldi, Lanciano; Russo

inter.it

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Squad

1 Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar, 22 Orlandoni; 2 Cordoba, 6 Maxwell, 13 Maicon, 16 Burdisso, 24 Rivas, 25 Samuel, 26 Chivu; 4 Zanetti, 5 Stankovic, 7 Figo, 11 Jimenez, 19 Cambiasso, 36 Bolzoni; 8 Ibrahimovic, 9 Cruz, 10 Adriano, 18 Crespo, 21 Obinna.

===================================================

No Amantino, No Quaresma, No Balotelli

These 3 probably are Home-Games Category atm.

·
Registered
45,385 Posts
thanks man...

btw, i agree that we should give obinna more time to play...he can't be so much worse than balotelli, crespo, cruz and adriano...he deserves some playing time to prove himself...
Whoa, wait a minute. What's the unofficial Ballon d'Or winner's name doing in there? :confused:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just wanted to say that obinna can't be a very poor player...can't be so much worse than any of our strikers...

:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mourinho: "Hard for us and hard for them too"
Saturday, 17 January 2009 15:24:31
[FOTO Saturday, 17 January 2009 15:24:31]

APPIANO GENTILE - José Mourinho spoke to the press ahead of Sunday afternoon's all-Nerazzurri clash between Inter and Atalanta in Bergamo and once again, Mario Balotelli was the subject of journalists' questions.

"I'm satisfied with what he has done this week, most of all because he has been clear with me," explained Mourinho. "He told me he's not thinking about a loan move anymore, and that he wants to work with us and think about football professionally. This was a very important step. But I thought it right to confirm my faith in Crespo, Adriano, Ibrahimovic and Obinna, who played well against Genoa.

"I can't call up many strikers. I'm sorry for Mario but also for Mancini and Quaresma who are making sacrifices to adapt to our way of playing. It's not always easy for a coach to organise the team for a match because sometimes there aren't many of us and sometimes there are too many."

As for his midfield to face the Bergamo Nerazzurri, Mourinho has no doubts about who will slot into the playmaker position. "Stankovic is the most suitable player to play behind the strikers," he said.

Whichever way Sunday's match goes, Inter will be crowned 'winter champions' at the midway point in the Serie A season. But Mourinho warned: "Atalanta have quality and play well. They have a good coach, they are organised, compact and are not frightened of playing when their opponents are in possession. It won't be easy, but they know it won't be easy to face Inter, a team that goes into tomorrow's match with just one defeat in eighteen league games."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mourinho: "I have a contract with Inter"
Saturday, 17 January 2009 15:42:33
[FOTO Saturday, 17 January 2009 15:42:33]

APPIANO GENTILE - Sunday's Lombardy derby in Bergamo wasn't the only subject dealt with in Saturday's press conference at the training ground, with José Mourinho asked for his opinion of Manchester City's offer for AC Milan's Ricardo Kaka.

"I don't know if it's an unrefusable offer, but I work in the Italian championship so I'd like to have all the best players here," commented the Portuguese coach. "This is the only reason I'd like Kaka to stay here, to improve the level of our championship even more. But it's his life."

And if a big offer came in from Manchester City for José Mourinho? "We know there's an offer for Kaka. All the rest is just rumours. I have a contract until 2011. I'm happy and my ambitions are here at Inter. I'm happy, I have faith in the people around me, and with such honest and straightforward people I don't think I'll have any problems."

Mourinho has a week to go until the UEFA deadline for the Champions League knockout stage lists. "Walter Samuel will the be first player back on the list," he confirmed. "We have Crespo and Obinna out at the moment and we also have to assess Vieira's situation and see if he can recover soon or not. The group won't change much though. The Samuel choice is obvious: he has been a starter in the last three months and he's fundamental for us."

inter.it

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
3 Hours 30 mins to go.........

I acutally like to see Chivu at DM and Cambiasso as a CM. ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Atalanta: 31 Coppola; 8 Garics, 2 Talamonti, 5 Manfredini, 6 Bellini; 79 Ferreira Pinto, 17 Guarente, 20 Valdes, 22 Padoin; 33 Floccari, 72 Doni.
Subs: 1 Consigli, 13 Peluso, 15 De Ascentis, 16 Rivalta, 27 Capelli, 32 Vieri, 34 Defendi.
Coach: Luigi Del Neri.

Inter:

12 Julio Cesar;
13 Maicon, 2 Cordoba, 16 Burdisso, 6 Maxwell;
4 Zanetti, 19 Cambiasso, 26 Chivu;
5 Stankovic;
8 Ibrahimovic, 18 Crespo.
Subs: 1 Toldo, 8 Figo, 9 Cruz, 10 Adriano, 11 Jimenez, 21 Obinna, 24 Rivas.

Coach: José Mourinho.

No Samuel :eek: rotation?
Welcome Back RIVAAAAAAS

1 - 20 of 196 Posts