Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't say it's true, but Valencia have the money now. They sold Mestalla's grounds (Rita Baberà and Francesc Camps=Corruption & speculation) and they have cash now. In any case, Joan Soler is making a mistake. You don't have to know much to know that he's selling fix assets to buy players and this is such a horrible business.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Stupid, you guys think you can buy Ronaldo who recently signed a deal till 2010 and is playing in his best form of his life right now.

He is damn happy at United and he will stay here till 2010 minimum.

There is more chance of United doing a triple deal for Albelda, Aimar and Vicente than Ronaldo making the step down to Valencia. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
yatta why all the hate, it's not illegal to shown an interest :)

as for the topic, i do not see this happening unless valencia has connections with the agents, but that would still make a 5% probability of happening. utd want to build there team around ronaldo and rooney, so it wouldnt be logical to sell him, especially as he is very young. plus although they're in debt, that doesnt have an impact on selling players i think. second point is that juve are interested and the have moggi, the master of transfers, so valencia would play second fiddle IMO.

Another weakening point would be also that if Ronaldo came on the market and valencia agreed a fee, madrid would step in, Ronaldo is fashionable, young and an attacker, exactly what madrid wants, he'd also give them extra publicity.

Sorry to dump on your hopes, but i see it has highly unlikely, though football is funny and weird things do happen, but nice to see valencia target positions they need strengthening (Right wing)

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Koeman4 said:
You don't have to know much to know that he's selling fix assets to buy players and this is such a horrible business.
I agree. They should just sell us David Villa for the same price and then use that money for C Ronaldo.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Ronaldo: I snubbed Juve and Che

Manchester United starlet Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he shunned approaches from Valencia and Juventus to stay at Old Trafford.

The Portuguese international has established himself as one of Europe's brightest prospects since joining United from Sporting Lisbon two-and-a-half years ago.

He proved his commitment to The Red Devils by signing a two-year contract extension back in November that ties him to the Premiership outfit until 2010.

However, it has now come to light that some of Europe's biggest clubs have tried to prise him from United despite that bumper deal.

Indeed, the player himself claims he had the chance to leave England, but intends to stay at Old Trafford at least until his current contract expires.

"I want to stay at Manchester United until 2010," Ronaldo told Brazilian newspaper 'Lance'.

"I have proposals from various clubs including Valencia and Juventus, but I want to stay here."

The 20-year-old also went on to insist he has a long way to go before establishing himself as a United great, despite comparisons with the likes of former favourite David Beckham and Brazilian star Ronaldinho.

"I feel very honoured by these comparisons, but I have a long way to go to become Beckham's replacement and to play like Barcelona's Ronaldinho," he added.
-------------

Nuff said.

And let me laugh at the transfer fee again, £17 mill? :dielaugh:

Make it £17 bill and still we'd turn you down, go look elsewhere.

Valencia is a step down but he won't go anywhere anyway.

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red Bed said:
Valencia is a step down
Its okay to get pi$$ed off when u know that ur's a has been club,struggling to catch nouveau rich clubs like chelksi.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
2 players away from it and as you say we are behind Chelsea.

Do you think that would make us sell one of our best players right now?

:rollani:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
michelco said:
It's funny when they say it's a step down for Ronaldo to leave a sinking ship for a Harriet Jump jet, hehe.
Exactly, Man Utd are not on the same level as they have been. And next year Valencia will be back in the CL where they belong. Anyway i would rather see Valencia chasing Joaquin instead of C Ronaldo, Joaquin might be available for 17 millions.

Just imagine this team, very deadly imo.

-----------D. Villa-------------

Vicente-----Aimar------Joaquin

-------Albelda-Baraja---------

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Valencia is going to be a major player in this summer's transfer market after selling the Mestalla so this move doesnt sound surprising at all. I really like Korup's team, that looks mighty solid :eek:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
michelco said:
It's funny when they say it's a step down for Ronaldo to leave a sinking ship for a Harriet Jump jet, hehe.
You would kill to have youngsters like Ronaldo, Rossi, Rooney etc.

They will rise.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts

They will rise.
And you would kill to have quality youngsters like Vicente, Silva, Gavilan, Albiol etc.

They will rise.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Red Bed said:

They will rise.

But still. In next couple of years you will be a sinking ship. No one can challenge Chelsea for the PL title. We are in the uprise, having wiped out our debt and now have a quite big transfer kitty for this summer.

Valencia can offer better sporting opportunities and the lure of playing in La Liga is strong for most technical players. And we too have great youngsters that are well known in Spain like David Silva, Gavilan, Albiol etc.

But with that said I don't think this deal will happen and frankly I would rather that we go after Joaquin instead!

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
it's interesting to see how much money we are willing to spend on one player. but frankly it's a bit high for our standards. we are not not as marketely productive as madrid or man u.
it's nice to see though that we are desperate enough to spend all that money to fix this right wing problem. but i rather spend that money on buying two or three youngsters in different positions.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts