Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just found out i'm gonna see the game live and i'm happy,you see it doesn't happen very often the last years and being out of CL is even worse:D

Most times Barça matches aren't selected to be broadcasted(it's painful to see Valencia or Depor matches week in week out although nobody seems to care about them:eek: -unlike RM and Barça).I can't wait to see Davids-if he plays

I thought i brought luck to Barça but against Malaga it was a disaster

Anyhow,Puyol or not

VISCA EL BARHA!:fero::fero:

prediction 3-1

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am happy because this match, against Bilbao, is broadcasted. But, I must wait until 03:00 AM on Sunday. But it's fine, because, as you guys, I want to see Davids in action. Unfortunately, Puyol will not be there to cover the central defence.

I hope that Saviola and Kluivert will parter again up-front. And, I also want to see Overmars in action.

1-0 is enough.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
spAd! said:
I just found out i'm gonna see the game live and i'm happy,you see it doesn't happen very often the last years and being out of CL is even worse:D

Most times Barça matches aren't selected to be broadcasted(it's painful to see Valencia or Depor matches week in week out although nobody seems to care about them:eek: -unlike RM and Barça).I can't wait to see Davids-if he plays

I thought i brought luck to Barça but against Malaga it was a disaster

Anyhow,Puyol or not

VISCA EL BARHA!:fero::fero:

prediction 3-1
Yup the match is being shown here also .. i think the third or the fourth match that has been telecasted this season ...
Barca should win the match ... will send athletic further down ... and will keep us close to the 4th spot ... ans Saviola should play ... i do not want Klivert starting as Saviola seems to have found some form ... though i would prefer both of them playing together ... and a stern test for our defense ..

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Now I wonder... why did we let Andersson leave? We don't have central defenders. I don't know if Rijkaard is thinking about Cocu, but I'd rather have Oleguer instead of him in the central defense place.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Now I wonder... why did we let Andersson leave? We don't have central defenders. I don't know if Rijkaard is thinking about Cocu, but I'd rather have Oleguer instead of him in the central defense place.
Yes id prefere to see Oleguer there but he really is terrible. Makes me wonder why we loaned out the better Tortolero instead of Oleguer.

As suspected its reported that Iniesta is the one dropped:( Xavi will be playmaker and gerard will partner davids in DMC, making for a return of cocu in centre back. However i think elmundo is basing the team on iniesta not playing as gerard starting ahead of him is surely just a joke

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maz said:
Yes id prefere to see Oleguer there but he really is terrible. Makes me wonder why we loaned out the better Tortolero instead of Oleguer.

As suspected its reported that Iniesta is the one dropped:( Xavi will be playmaker and gerard will partner davids in DMC, making for a return of cocu in centre back. However i think elmundo is basing the team on iniesta not playing as gerard starting ahead of him is surely just a joke
But Iniesta is not dropped, he was injured in the Levante game. I dont think Rijkaard will drop him from the lineup after the games he has had recently.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Defensively we have been at our worse when Xavi and Gerard have been our two DMs. Hopefully Davids is ready to play and tighten up our defensive system.

I expect this line-up:

Valdes Marquez Cocu VB

Gerard Davids

Luis Garcia Xavi Ronaldinho

Kluivert (Saviola).

·
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Defensively we have been at our worse when Xavi and Gerard have been our two DMs. Hopefully Davids is ready to play and tighten up our defensive system.

I expect this line-up:

Valdes Marquez Cocu VB

Gerard Davids

Kluivert (Saviola).
Is Saviola playing? or are going to play with 10? :D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Angel_Culé said:

I expect this line-up:

Valdes Marquez Cocu VB

Gerard Davids

Kluivert (Saviola).
Rijkaard is crazy, but he's not so stupid that he'll play Valdés as fullback...;)

·
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Actually I put Valdes as Right back. So we are playing with no keeper :D . The player missing is Reiziger.
Yeah... we are gonna push so strong that they won't pass the midfield line. Who wants a keeper? :D

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
CarniVore said:
But Iniesta is not dropped, he was injured in the Levante game. I dont think Rijkaard will drop him from the lineup after the games he has had recently.
i hope rijkaard doesnt but ive read hell be fit for the game

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Maz said:
i hope rijkaard doesnt but ive read hell be fit for the game
The thing is that whether Iniesta is available or not I don't think Rijkaard will put three players in midfield with an average size of 1,70. He doesn't like short players and my feeling is that either Xavi or Iniesta will be dropped (My guess Iniesta).

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
In spite of his excellent recent play, it looks as if Saviola's going to be dropped because Valdés is down with flu and Rustu is going to play, taking up the foreigner's place.
If I were Rijkaard, I would solve this by playing Jorquera: an excellent young keeper who might turn out to be better than Valdés.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Roger said:
In spite of his excellent recent play, it looks as if Saviola's going to be dropped because Valdés is down with flu and Rustu is going to play, taking up the foreigner's place.
If I were Rijkaard, I would solve this by playing Jorquera: an excellent young keeper who might turn out to be better than Valdés.
I agree. Jorquera made an excelent pre-season when given the chanse in USA.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Robban said:
I agree. Jorquera made an excelent pre-season when given the chanse in USA.
The other option is to bench Marquez and play Oleguer, I would like to see Oleguer playing in match with some pressure.

·
40,147 Posts
barça said:
The other option is to bench Marquez and play Oleguer, I would like to see Oleguer playing in match with some pressure.
Yes, we can't know about his real level, if we don't give him a chance. We already know that Gerard and Cocu are poor in this place.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Gerard......hmm he wasnt too bad last season as a defender you know...now that his name is in the mix maybe he might be playing as CB...Oleguer...nah....dont want to blood him rite now...not as long as until Puyol is by his side atleast...

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
just found out im getting the match live tonite as well....just my 4th match of the season so obviously means a lot to me...plus a full Nou Camp to welcome Davids....should be a beautiful scene

1 - 20 of 68 Posts