Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TURKEY was strong but the referee could not stand against Brasil's name.

How can FIFA appoint such a weak and inexperienced referee to the one of the most competitive matches in the first round. He was totally awful.

1. He showed very easy yellow cards to the Turkish side but did not even warn Brasil players even at more serious faults. He should have shown yellow cards to Lucio in the first half after the fault he made following losing the ball. Also Near the end, Roberto Carlos made a loosy tackle to Ilhan Mansýz after his very very classy move. He deserved a yellow card, too. They were both opportunities to score but the shown ones are not related with goal.

2. During our free kicks, Brasilian players always moved before we hit the ball. Our players tried to teach the referee that they were moving early. I can understand that referee could not see that in the passing variations ( still too many to be unspoited ) but what about the last free kick. Two players were at most 2 meters away when Arif shot. How stupid can a referee be? Instead of watching the Brasil players, he was loooking at his "watch" after his wistle.

3. What about those divings. Roberto dived in the first half but the referee must have thought that he dived because of his real frustration, not a fake. Rivaldo did not dive, he was in real pain. I mean Hakan is good at martial art, he caused pain in rivaldo's head just buy hitting the ball to his legs, pin point accuracy.

4. Do I have to say anything about the penalty ???

When I was a kid, I was amazed by Brasil's football but now the little kids who watched this game won't be so symphatised as I did. Turkey has won!!!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
couldn't be more agree.. :mad:...it's ashamed, it's ashamed, it's ashamed to fans, soccer, FIFA, Turkish, and the Brazillians ....

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
yaaaaaa....the ref listened to players before deciding...he's nuts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
How about the Turkish players going down for every little reason and getting up straight away after being ignored the referee. Brazil deserved to win and brazil also had a very legitimate goal disallowed for offside when replays clearly show Rivaldo was level. The referee was awful and im really disappointed in Rivaldo after going down like that. Even though the player would have got sent off anyway he stooped down to german standards there.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Turkey earned a draw. If Brasil had scored 2 real goals nobody could say it was not fair. But the way it all ended I feel sorry for Turkey and after reviewing Rivaldo's a couple of times "dive" I must say I am absolutely DISGUSTED!

Go Turkey! You can still qualify for the next round!

I feel sorry for Alpay - fairplay-prize-winner of Euro 96 (where he let Vlaovic score) Today he didn't and got sent off and a penalty that wasn't there came out of it!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Alpay is just a physical player, but he is not a dirty player at all.

He was absolutely screwed over in Euro 2000, and this time I do not know if he served to be sent off:rolleyes:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magic#10 said:
I feel sorry for Alpay - fairplay-prize-winner of Euro 96 (where he let Vlaovic score) Today he didn't and got sent off and a penalty that was there came out of it!
What an irony!!!

yaaaaaa....the ref listened to players before deciding...he's nuts
He was totally out of concentration, Brasil players motivated him so well.

Hakan Unsal was ofcourse unprofessional but you have to realize that Referee would not show a yellow card even Rivaldo haven't used the corner. Turkish players are getting angry very easily when they are treated unfairly.

It is so sad to have the worst referee in the best game of the Cup so far.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sepp Piontek (former Danish and Turkey NT coach) was angry at the referee and slagged him off by saying "there must be something wrong with his eyes" (a derrogative name some people call Asians he implied by saying this).

I also think the linesman was awful at the Rivaldo incident - that is also a joke ! He was 3 metres from Rivaldo and still he was BLIND!

Lame f-u-c-k-e-r-s ! Did you see where the ref was when the Brasilians got their penalty???? He was nowhere near !! Idiot!
Hope he never will be in charge in ANY football matches in the future!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I'm an Asian, and I'm totally agree with you guys... it's ashamed :( :mad: FIFA should do sth abt it ... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anybody seen the match between South Korea and Poland?
I think the South Korean referee had watched and learned what to do in the free kicks. It must be 9 meters not 6 (I am serious about this value), and the player who moves before the kick must get a yellow card.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Talking about referees. I think the ref in England-Sweden was a moron when he ordered an English player to pick up the corner flag! Like he had to tell off the player as he was a child. Beside I think many referees have complexes towards the high paid footballers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
[email protected]'s corner flag comment

Tho I and my father were quite upset, along with world opinion, it seems(except Scolari and one or two blind people)LOL.......the ref's postmatch defense further showed his lack of qualification.(his 1st and now last WC match)

Tell you how this went down:

Korea-Japan is a leftover legacy of Joao Havelange(who was sitting in the box along with others who cringed in dismay at the PK, like Sepp Blatter).
Korea being a host, was somehow entitled also to a referee's slot.(which is usually soley based on MERIT)
Thus, this guy got his retirement match scheduled 8 years ago!
(kid you not, this guy was due to retire)
So actually what the deal was, was that no matter who Brazil was to play, an 'inferior' type ref would be, er, ahem, somehow magically chosen for their matches?
LOL

soooooooooo, what I am saying is what everyone knows, that 'back-room' politics has and will always HELP to determine outcomes, by choice of ref, venue, time, etc.
;)

Turkey was hosed in this match when Joao made the deal years ago.
LOL

sarcasm and humor aside, Hey Magic!
Taler de Dansk!
;)
I do very little.
LOL
I know: ol.
;)
That is enough.
LOL

Spent much time in DK!
Even went to UEFA Cup Final in 2000, at Parken!
Stayed at Hellerup Park Hotel that trip with my dad, way kewl!
Saw the Queen Mother, before she passed on, at the Summer Palace cruising around!
Totally dig Kronberg Slot.
Tuborg factory not bad either, LOL.
Have great friends there as well, in DK, great people.
The whole country.
One friend got me permission to train on AB Kobenhavn practice pitch, in my GK gear, took some shots, ran, almost puked, it was unseasonably hot that Spring.
LOL and even went to match that AB won, drank beer behind the goal with all the locals.
:)!
;)
Dude even showed me where Schmeichel's old flat was, as he knew I would like that.
LMAO

Anyways, I finally slept 16 hours yesterday and caught up, after too many waking hours of footie.

USA tonight!
Hope we get a good ref......

ROFLMAO

my regards to der Lille Havure!(Havre?)
LOL
Hope no one saws her head off again........

Skol!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts