Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Nice. That's the farthest anyone's progressed in the game without going on holiday that I've heard of.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I got up to season 2026/2027 with 01/02.

No holiday....:)

Those were the days when you could play CM season after season and players didn't deteriorate...:happy: :star:

Now in cm4 and 03/04...they go crap after 7 or so season...:depress:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
i cant do it :(
i prefer starting new game rather than playing with all generated players!! :cool:

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm currently in my 2015/2016 season and still enjoying it as if it was the first season.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
tottina said:
i prefer starting new game rather than playing with all generated players!! :cool:
Me too.

Besides, I love building a new world-class squad from scratch. After a few seasons with an established world-beating squad, I usually get bored and start over in another club. The longest I've ever gone was seven or eight seasons, with Palermo in the old CM Italia (mostly because it took me a LONG time to turn Palermo into a class team). ;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I think I managed to 2029/30 in CM 01/02 once without going on holiday. Finding the new gems in a heap of regens is actually fun for me.

However, I have not played a CM 03/04 game for longer than five or six seasons, so I cannot comment on the quality, or supposed lack thereof, of the regens in that version.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
I can't go more than 4-5 seasons in CM4 or CM03/04 without the game crashing.
CM01/02 I used to play till about 2020-something and it was great, but these newer games are crap in the long-run.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
They are overloaded with information. I wish it were possible to have more control over what is saved and what is discarded. For example, I like to run Full Detail for as many leagues as possible (partially because the game often mismanages those not set to Full Detail), but I don't want to keep the goal and highlight replays of every match in every league.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
you can delete all the *.pkm files before saving (in the /temp directory)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It's amazing what a difference that can make. After only two seasons my current save was already up to 150 MB and took forever to load and to save. I deleted several thousand worth of *.pkm files out of the temp directory, and the game saved fairly quickly and has been reduced to 100 MB in size!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
well i honetly don't know, since i don't look at the highlights
but i think it deletes also your own club's

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Yes, deleting all the PKM files also deletes the highlights for your own team. You'd have to find the files specific to your team and avoid deleting them with all the other files if you would want to keep your highlights. I never look at mine anyway, however, so I delete them all. I found a few more PKMs, by the way, and the file size had been further reduced to 98 MB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts