Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRO SESTO V INTER AT 14:30 ON 30 DEC
Monday, 27 December 2004 14:33:20
MILAN - This Thursday's friendly match between Inter and Pro Sesto at the Stadio Breda in Sesto San Giovanni will now kick off at 14:30CET instead of 15:00. The match will be shown on Nerazzurri TV Inter Channel at 16:30, with a repeat at 21:00.

inter.it

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Who the hell is Pro Sesto?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the same question...

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
Razman said:
A football team. :tongue:

They're most probably some amateur side that we'll beat 126-0 or something. A practice match like the ones we usually play to try out tactics and new players etc..

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Its a pointless match if you ask me.. What will one match with an amateur side prove?

Nothing.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Razman, I do not think the match is pointless. From the persepctive of players like Coco who is trying to gain match fitness as well as Karagounis and Cruz who have had limited playing time, this match will help them get some much needed match practice/fitness.

Also, it will give Mancini a chance to try new tactics as well as possibly field Dellafiore and Beati. I do not believe the match is pointless. If anything we should look at is fine tuning for our next match. A few weeks without a match practice can cause players to lose their edge/fitness so this match will help tune the players who participate.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Inter01 said:
Razman, I do not think the match is pointless. From the persepctive of players like Coco who is trying to gain match fitness as well as Karagounis and Cruz who have had limited playing time, this match will help them get some much needed match practice/fitness.

Also, it will give Mancini a chance to try new tactics as well as possibly field Dellafiore and Beati. I do not believe the match is pointless. If anything we should look at is fine tuning for our next match. A few weeks without a match practice can cause players to lose their edge/fitness so this match will help tune the players who participate.
Nice post, :thmbup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
it will help some turkey overeaters to get back into shape.

'a friendly match is better than a training seassion' ... think Mancio said that sometime back.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I just think that having a friendly match in what is supposed to be a 'break' for the players is conceptually wrong.

I agree that we have had a few players that haven't got a fair amount of playing time in the first half of the season, and that this match will provide them with much needed practice, but think about it for a second. How much benefit is mere 90 mins of football against a weak amatuer side that will be easily mauled by our reserves?

Sure Mancio can use this match to expriment tactics.. But seriously, is 90 mins enough to prove anything?

If the sole reason of this match is to get the players in shape again, we could always have a friendly match between our own players. I'm sure we can come up with 2-3 balanced teams that will kick the crap out of Pro Sesta anytime of the day, and thus will prove more useful than playing against Pro Sesta. Plus, Mancio can use all the tactics he wants in these training matches, the players aren't going anywhere. He could also use the help of his assistants to coach the other teams so that there will be a realistic feel to it.

Get my drift? :tongue:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Razman said:
football team born in 1913...Serie C2 ....
right now are at the second position ...Serie C2 , Girone A
Never been in Serie A

their Allievi( players born in 1989/1990) are Champions of Italy...they have won the scudetto

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Arianna said:
football team born in 1913...Serie C2 ....
right now are at the second position ...Serie C2 , Girone A
Never been in Serie A

their Alleivi ( players born in 1989/1990) are Champions of Italy...they have won the scudetto
Thanks for the info Arianna.. You're the best when it comes to the lower divisions of Italy :)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Razman said:
Thanks for the info Arianna..
You're welcome
You're the best when it comes to the lower divisions of Italy :)
I'm not the best:D there is people who have his fav team in B, C1,C2, Dilettanti, Eccellenza,ecc who follow all the games of their teams and for sure they are the best and know all...me i just know because i like to know all about our football:pp

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Razman said:
Thanks for the info Arianna.. You're the best when it comes to the lower divisions of Italy :)
Yeah Arianna is the best when it comes to pure knowledge of Italian teams.

And Nera4life is the best when it comes to all Serie A players. Cuz like 90 percent of the time I don't know who he is talking about when we play little teams like Siena and he points out one or two excellent players on their team.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Playing a match between ourselves and playing Pro Sesto are two completely different prospects. Razman, I am not sure if you play football but when you train daily and work with your teammates as much as our beloved black and blues do, you learn your teammates moves/habits. The match against Pro Sesto is a good idea as it will allow our players to ease back into playing and will put us up against unfamiliar opposition who will be motivated to try and play well against professionals. Of course, it is a mismatch of huge proportions but surely you can understand that it is better to play against unfamiliar opposition rather than amongst ourselves and it is better to ease back into playing as opposed to simply playing a competitive Serie A match after a three week break.

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
PRO SESTO V INTER PROCEEDS TO CHARITY

Wednesday, 29 December 2004

MILAN - Serie C2 side Pro Sesto have decided to donate the gate receipts from tomorrow afternoon's friendly against Inter to the populations affected by the tsunamis on 26 December.

In keeping with the purpose and humanitarian spirit of the initiative, FC Internazionale invites its fans to turn up in numbers. The club has decided to give the Nerazzurri's shirts to Pro Sesto for a charity auction to raise more funds. :proud:

Tickets for the friendly match, to be refereed by Gervasoni (Mantova), are available today at Pro Sesto's headquarters, or at the Stadio Breda ticket offices tomorrow.

Ticket prices:

tribuna d'onore: 30 euros
tribuna centrale: 20 euros
tribuna laterale: 15 euros
distinti: 10 euros
curva: 5 euros

Speaking of Charities, Javier Zanetti and Ivan Cordoba both have their own Charity foundations which were founded for the sole sake of helping disadvantaged kids. :shades:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Speaking of Charities, Javier Zanetti and Ivan Cordoba both have their own Charity foundations which were founded for the sole sake of helping disadvantaged kids. :shades:
Nicely done El Tractor and Cafe.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Inter01 said:
Playing a match between ourselves and playing Pro Sesto are two completely different prospects. Razman, I am not sure if you play football but when you train daily and work with your teammates as much as our beloved black and blues do, you learn your teammates moves/habits. The match against Pro Sesto is a good idea as it will allow our players to ease back into playing and will put us up against unfamiliar opposition who will be motivated to try and play well against professionals. Of course, it is a mismatch of huge proportions but surely you can understand that it is better to play against unfamiliar opposition rather than amongst ourselves and it is better to ease back into playing as opposed to simply playing a competitive Serie A match after a three week break.
I do play football regularly, and I understand full well the difference between playing against friends and unfamiliar opposition, and that is EXACTLY why I'm against this match.

Now there's a BIG difference between worthy opposition and the usual pushovers. When we play these kind of pushover games, it usually ends before the actual time. The deficit is too big for anyone to make note of, and one team has completely surrendered, while the other is having a cruise. Midway through the match, there's a silent agreement between the two teams that enough is enough and we all pack up and leave.

Now I dont know why I'm taking this Pro Sesta team too lightly. I have a strong feeling they're going to be that usual pushover team that you get bored of after the first 30 mins of play.

I could be wrong though, I'm certainly hoping that they would provide a good challenge that will force some of our players to break a sweat. Lets hope that in these 90 mins, maximum use can be obtained. :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think that this team whatever they are called PRo Spaghetti will be honored to be playing us and Mancini will give achance to like Kara and Kily and the bench warmers so they will play their hearts out and Pro Spaghetti will play their hearts out despite the score for pride and honor and plus just playing us is a challlenge in itself. NOw i'm hungry for some italian food

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
I can't actually believe that Razman and Inter01 are having a debate about...Pro Sesto ! :D That's fukin Pro Sesto for fecks sake ! :tongue:

Come on people ! It's just a stupid practice match and teams all over the globe play such kind of matches for a variety of reasons. Plus, this game is for the sake of charity which is the most important thing. :thmbup:

Emmm actually when I come to think of it, I'm starting to get a little nervous about tomorrow's game ! Hopefully we'll manage to win ! :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts