Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Albion Team News

Goalkeeper:
With Tomasz Kuszczak now on a season long loan at Man Utd, Pascal Zuberbuehler will again start with either Russell Hoult or new signing Luke Steele on the bench.

Central Defence:
Curtis Davies and Chris Perry will again start. New signing Paul McShane could make the bench. Both Neil Clement and Thomas Gaardsoe are recovering from injuries so aren't available anyway.

Wing-backs/Full-backs:
Paul Robinson will start on the left and Martin Albrechtsen or Steve Watson will start on the right.

Midfield:
Ronnie Wallwork and Nigel Quashie may continue in the centre of midfield, but Darren Carter, Junichi Inamoto and Richard Chaplow are all pushing for a place. Jonathan Greening should start on the left with Zoltan Gera starting on the right. If Nathan Ellington isn't fit though, Gera could well start up front and Chaplow or Inamoto start on the right. Diomansy Kamara has a long term injury so isn't available.

Strikers:
John Hartson will start up front. Nathan Ellington had a hamstring problem on Tuesday at Cardiff and was subbed off in the first half. He faces a late fitness test but is only rated 50/50. If he's out Zoltan Gera is the likely starter with Stuart Nicholson a possibility for the bench.

Going for 3 pts ? :shades:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
First big test for the Baggies really, think you'll come away with it, with a point, 1-1.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Half Time 0-0, close game as I expected.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Well Cardiff and Saints away are two teams expected to be up the top end of the league at the end, so to remain unbeaten against both of those sides is a good start.

It has highlighted that if we'd had some better strikers we'd have surely taken more points.

I half listened to the game at the weekend, but had to look after my son all weekend as the wife was ill and I had to look after her too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts