Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another chance to monitor kompany...play our reserves...i think we'll win comfortably...

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I would like us to win in order to grab that first place. But anyways it doesn't matter much.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah I would rather finish 2nd cuz I do not want to play Barcelona.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
You know we could lose and still be first :eek:

·
Registered
59,918 Posts
Razman said:
You know we could lose and still be first :eek:
Yup.

For Inter to finish second in the group, we'd have to fail to beat Anderlecht and at the same time Bremen manage a win at the Mestalla ! A win or draw for Valencia and we've guaranteed top spot. Which is the likely outcome, IMO.

Does finishing top grant us more $$$ ? Anybody knows ?

Barcelona ? Bring em on ! :star: :lick:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it would be interesting to play against barcelona...

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Carson35 said:
it would be interesting to play against barcelona...
One piece of advice: straighten out your defense first. Eto'o and Ronaldinho would have a field day with Mancini's good buddy Mihajlovic. :shades:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DE BOECK RULED OUT OF MATCHDAY 6 CLASH
Wednesday, 01 December 2004 15:41:21
MILAN - Veteran Anderlecht defender Glen De Boeck is ruled out of next Tuesday's Uefa Champions League Matchday 6 game away to Inter after seriously injuring the cruciate ligaments in his left knee in last Saturday's Juliper League match against Westerlo.

De Boeck, 33, who suffered the same injury against the same side back in February and returned to playing at the beginning of October, will require surgery followed by a rehabilitation period of several months.

inter.it

·
Registered
59,918 Posts
MICHAEL RILEY TO REF INTER V ANDERLECHT

Sunday, 05 December 2004

MILAN - Tuesday evening's Uefa Champions League Group G Matchday 6 clash with Anderlecht at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium will be refereed by Michael Riley. The English official will be assisted by Philip Sharp, Michael Tingey (linesmen) and Uriah Rennie (fourth man).

Riley officiated Werder Bremen's 2-1 win at home to Valencia in Matchday 2 on 29 September.

Bwahahahahah :howler:

Mike Riley ! :eekani: :googly:

Couldn't UEFA find a worse referee ? He's a joke.

The worst game I've ever watched concerning the refereeing aspect has got to be Man Utd 2-0 Arsenal last October. And yup you guessed it, he was the ref. :jester: :wallbang:

Even if the game is useless, I bet that there are much better young refs out there waiting for their chance ! UEFA :ass:

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Anderlecht will play with their 3th goalkeeper :D

They even don't have a reserve :eekani: Baseggio will probably be the benched reserve-goalkeeper :D

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Players who are called up:

Goalkeepers: Francesco Toldo, Fabian Carini

Defenders: Nicolas Burdisso, Javier Zanetti, Sinisa Mihajlovic, Zé Maria, Marco Materazzi, Giovanni Pasquale, Paolo Hernan Dellafiore

Midfielders: Cristiano Zanetti, Emre Belozoglu, Andy van der Meyde, Edgar Davids, Esteban Cambiasso, Giorgos Karagounis

Strikers: Julio Ricardo Cruz, Alvaro Recoba, Obafemi Martins, Christian Vieri

My line-up would be: Carini; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Burdisso, Pasquale :wallbang:; Davids, Emre, Cambiasso, Karagounis; Vieri, Martins

But it's surely not going to be like this.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I wanna add one thing:

Can we expect to see Fabian Carini on from the start?
"Yes, but not because of the penalty save against Messina . We'll have the chance to check him out in a match and we'll be able to get to know him better, besides the fact that he did well on Saturday evening. Training sessions aren't enough to assess a player."

·
Registered
59,918 Posts
I won't get to watch this match live but hopefully i'll see it recorded later.

Carini, Karagounis, Cruz and Recoba are all must starters in this match. I wouldn't change the central defensive partnership because at last Miha - Cordoba have settled there.

FORZA INTER !!!! :fero:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Barca doesn't scare me, Inter doesn't give up a thing to them, or any team for that matter.

Although Barca are a solid team they have yet to win anything, injuries have left them with absolulty no bench and If you look at their two games against AC Milan (lost 1-0 away won 2-1 at home) they actually would have been out on away goals if it were the knock-out stages.

I wouldn't tinker too much with the starting 11, Mancini should field the best team he can and get us use to winning, I'm sick of seeing a different team every week. With all the player rotation we've been having it's not like anyone needs the rest anyway.

I'd start Martins in Adriano's place becasue of his suspension and once we have the game in the bag I'd put in Karagounis-Recoba-Matrix.

Either way I'm predicting 3-0 Inter.

-------------------Carini

------J.Zanetti-Corboba-Mihajlovic-Favalli

-----------C.Zanetti-----Cambiasso
Van Der Meyde----------------Stankovic

--------------Vieri------Recoba-----------

Peace

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Hey Roman, welcome to the forum, see that you are pretty new here

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Thanks ..

Been lurking for a while and finally decided to start posting =)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nice....make sure you stick around :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would like to see this tonight,,,

........................Carini

Ze Maria.......Matrix.....Burdisso.......JZ

.....Kara.......Cambiasso.......Davids

......................Emre

..............Martins.......Recoba

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Mike Riley ! :eekani: :googly:

Couldn't UEFA find a worse referee ? He's a joke.
I beg to differ, Mr. Riley is a very competent referee IMO. I loved the 'advantage, play on!' philosophy he implemented during Marseille-Valencia. Mightn't have the ManUre-Arse game been one of these days?

Onto the game itself then... Anderlechts XI is likely to be the following:

--------------Van Steenberghe
Vanden Borre--Kompany--Traoré--Deschacht
----------------------Hasi
Wilhelmsson--------Baseggio----------Legaer
----------------Mpenza--Aruna

Wilhelmsson appears to be the sole dangerous player at the moment, and he is keen to further impress to lure employers so watch out for him!

Anderlecht have nothing to play for (bar honour), they suck currently and have another big game on their mind to prepare -- Belgiums topper Saturday night vs Bruges! It makes no doubt you will win this match comfortably.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts