Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a chance to get the third win of the season or continue to get a draw???

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hopefully...if not this game, we should beat siena comfortably in week 15...

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
OMFG, If we don't win against Messina and Siena :eek: Then I will burn one of my four inter-shirts :mad:

I did it before with a shirt of AC Milan of my brother, that thing burned really nice :sweeteye:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Reco please dont do so, just send me one of those jersey, Ill give you my address.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i do not know whether i still wanna watch our coming games if we cant beat messina :wallbang:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Be forewarned

Messina is above Inter in the standings currently

Scored 18 and conceded 18

Inter Scored 25 and conceded 22

No excuses.. Inter shld win this one... but Messina is no easy opponent as well

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I think its foolish to take any team for granted :eek: whether its Messina or a team from Serie C1.

Having said that, we have to accept nothing short of a win!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think there's no automatic win for us...automatic draw maybe...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Serie A Week 14 - 4/12/04 (20.30)
Inter - Messina

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter’s Scudetto hopes are now surely over but they have to use the character shown in the Derby d’Italia to at least catch up with high-flying Messina.

The Nerazzurri impressed with their comeback to get a 2-2 draw with leaders Juventus despite being 2-0 down, though clearly the team still has its problems. Juan Sebastian Veron is still doubtful with a calf strain, while Marco Materazzi should return to the starting eleven after he was dropped last weekend. Coach Roberto Mancini is likely to stick to the shape of the squad with Adriano partnered by Obafemi Martins, although Christian Vieri’s goal might have done enough to earn him a shot upfront.

Messina may be new to the top flight, but they are currently a point ahead of the Milanese giants and have conceded four fewer goals. They have managed all of this despite an injury crisis that has ruled out Riccardo Zampagna, Arturo Di Napoli, Marco Storari, Jorge Mamede, Domenico Giampà and Salvatore Sullo for long periods, while Coppola misses this match due to a ban. Coach Bortolo Mutti has precious few options available to him, so Atsushi Yanagisawa should be given a rare start alongside ex-Juve striker Nicola Amoruso. Messina will certainly not be frightened of the San Siro atmosphere after beating Milan here 2-1 in September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; J Zanetti, Cordoba, Materazzi, Ze Maria; van der Meyde, Cambiasso, Davids, Stankovic; Adriano, Martins

Messina (probable): Eleftheropoulos; Zoro, Rezaei, Zanchi, Parisi; Rafael, Donati, Cucciari, Iliev; Amoruso, Yanagisawa

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
59,799 Posts
an injury crisis that has ruled out Riccardo Zampagna, Arturo Di Napoli, Marco Storari, Jorge Mamede, Domenico Giampà and Salvatore Sullo for long periods, while Coppola misses this match due to a ban.

Which is basically half of their starting eleven ! Giampà and Zampagna scored their goals against Milan btw.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
So Egyptian, I hear you're interested in you know what...i got my sources

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
STANKOVIC: "EVEN MORE FOCUSED"
Thursday, 02 December 2004 15:11:13
APPIANO GENTILE - In an interview with Inter Channel, Dejan Stankovic looked back at the match with Juventus before looking ahead to Saturday evening's clash with Messina at the Meazza.

"We didn't risk hardly anything in the first half and we were sure of ourselves," said Stankovic about derby d'Italia draw. "If the second half we let in a goal from a deflection. It took our legs away and we had some bad moments. The game changed after Recoba and Vieri came on. Perhaps we took a few risks, but it went well. Ten more minutes and we could have won it."

Dejan is confident ahead of this weekend's visit of Sicilian side Messina. He said: "There are teams like Messina, Lecce, Palermo and Chievo who have done well against the big clubs. They have good players and play well, and this is why I don't want to think about anything else other than Inter. We must be focused, we have great qualities and we really want to win. I'll bet whatever you want that everything will go well on Saturday. We have worked very hard this week and we're in good condition. I'm very motivated and I really want to start winning. We have three (league) matches from now until Christmas. We want nine points."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nesta fears only Juventus Thursday 2 December, 2004

Alessandro Nesta believes the Scudetto race is strictly a two-horse affair between Milan and Juventus.

"I find the confrontation between the two clubs fascinating. They have always been our main rivals since my arrival here," said the Rossoneri stopper.

"We’ve faced each other in many battles and we’ve been successful on numerous occasions, even if they‘ve picked up the odd victory.

"At this moment in time, Juventus and Milan are the two strongest sides in the Division. It just remains to be seen who will come out on top this time.

"Inter? They can get back into the Scudetto race because they are a great side. However, they’ll need to put together a string of positive results."

Juventus currently have a four point lead over the San Siro giants, but there have been signs in recent weeks that Milan are getting back to their best.

"We are like a diesel given that it may take us a little while before we really get going," he added. "Despite the fact that we are not playing at our best yet, we are still up there."

Milan will hope to cut the gap even further on Saturday but face a tricky trip to Alberto Gilardino’s Parma.

"It won’t be my job to mark Gilardino because the whole defence will have to keep an eye on him," noted Nesta.

"Parma are certainly a good side, one who are a lot better than their current League position suggests. It will be a tough game."

channel4

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Zanna4 said:
Reco please dont do so, just send me one of those jersey, Ill give you my address.
Héhé, I'm not going to burn one of my 3 good jerseys :D
Just a fake one I bought in Sienna last year :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MANCINI NAMES SQUAD FOR MESSINA VISIT
Friday, 03 December 2004 17:19:57
MILAN - Roberto Mancini has called up twenty-one players for Saturday evening's Serie A TIM Week 14 match at home to Messina:

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 15 Fabian Carini

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 16 Giuseppe Favalli, 23 Marco Materazzi, 26 Giovanni Pasquale

Midfielders: 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 8 Edgar Davids, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 25 Dejan Stankovic

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 10 Adriano, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins, 32 Christian Vieri

================

COLLINA TO REFEREE INTER V MESSINA
Friday, 03 December 2004 11:34:41
MILAN - Saturday evening's Serie A TIM Week 14 match at home to Messina will be refereed by Pierluigi Collina (Viareggio section). The Bologna-born official, who has taken charge of 43 Nerazzurri matches (13 Inter wins, 19 draws and 11 defeats), has yet to referee Inter this season. The last time Collina officiated an Inter match was the 0-0 draw at home to Lazio on 25 April 2004.

Serie A TIM Week 14 fixtures & refs
Cagliari v Chievo: Trefoloni
Fiorentina v Bologna: De Santis
Inter v Messina: Collina (Sat 4 Dec at 20:30)
Juventus v Lazio: Dondarini
Lecce v Livorno: Morganti
Palermo v Atalanta: Rizzoli
Parma v AC Milan: Pieri (Sat 4 Dec at 18:00)
Reggina v Brescia: Racalbuto
Roma v Sampdoria: Tombolini (Sun 5 Dec at 20:30)
Udinese v Siena: Rosetti

=============

VIERI HOT IN DECEMBER
Friday, 03 December 2004 11:56:10
MILAN - Courtesy of Football Data , here are some interesting facts and figures ahead of tomorrow night's match at home to Messina:

Vieri hot in December
According to the statistics, December is Christian Vieri's most prolific month. Of his 145 goals in the Serie A and B, Bobogol has scored 24 in the twelfth calendar month (17 in A and 7 in B).

No Inter penalty since May
Inter are one of six Serie A teams that still haven't been awarded a penalty this season (the others are Atalanta, Fiorentina, Lecce, Reggina and Siena). The Nerazzurri's last championship spot kick was on 2 May when Adriano scored against Lecce.

Nerazzurri still unbeaten in 2004/05
Inter haven't lost a competitive fixture since last 2 May when they were beaten 2-1 by Lecce at the Via del Mare Stadium. Since then, the Nerazzurri have played 23 matches in the Serie A, Champions League and Tim Cup, winning 9 and drawing 14.

Donati set for 100th appearance
If fielded against Inter, Messina midfielder Massimo Donati will complete a century of Serie A appearances. Donati made his top-flight debut in Atalanta 2-2 Lazio on 1 October 2000. Besides the Bergamo Nerazzurri and the Sicilian club, he has also played for AC Milan, Parma, Torino and Sampdoria.

No red cards for Messina opponents
Messina are the only team contesting the 2004/05 Serie A championship not to have had an opponent sent off so far this season.

inter.it

1 - 20 of 120 Posts