Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's our 3rd match of the century in like two months :D It's skill vs. defense...skill wil prevail and us Russkies will be in Austria/Switzerland come 2008 :D

My predicted line-up...3-4-1-2...but it's really a 3-4-1-1-1 :wth:

----Akinfeev---
-Brat----Igna----Brat
----Zyrianov---Semshov
Anyukov--------Zhirkov
--------------Bilya
-------Arshavin------
------Sytchev-----
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Oh, I am looking forward to chewing my nails off every time the ball is hoofed in the general direction of those highly gifted CSKA defenders. And thank f*ck Yossi got himself injured at such a convenient time point. Sychev up front - pffft... that would be a joy to watch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pata said:
Oh, I am looking forward to chewing my nails off every time the ball is hoofed in the general direction of those highly gifted CSKA defenders. And thank f*ck Yossi got himself injured at such a convenient time point. Sychev up front - pffft... that would be a joy to watch.
Ben-Ayoun's just one player. We have a full squad of skillful players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Ben-Ayoun's just one player. We have a full squad of skillful players.
Yossi's probably their best player and has been pretty good for Liverpool this season, to the surprise of more than a few observers.

Yeah, the fastest tanks, the biggest planes, etc... and an enormous propensity to bottle it/psychologically implode/turn into idiots/etc. when it comes to footy. The said squad of skillful players was completely undone by criminal, schoolboy error-prone defending at Wembley and nearly again so at Luzhniki against a pretty dour English side. I can only hope that Arshavin can play with the same spark he did in that second half and that Israel forwards do not suddenly discover that you can do pretty much anything you want in the air against the fabled Russian back line. I also hope that he doesn't play Sychev or Kerzhakov as the lone striker (I've heard some... ahem... "interesting" theories about Kerzh's role of wearing down the England defence in Moscow, so that Pavlyuchenko can come on and finish them off but, to be perfectly honest, they sound b*llocks to me).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pata said:
Yossi's probably their best player and has been pretty good for Liverpool this season, to the surprise of more than a few observers.

Yeah, the fastest tanks, the biggest planes, etc... and an enormous propensity to bottle it/psychologically implode/turn into idiots/etc. when it comes to footy. The said squad of skillful players was completely undone by criminal, schoolboy error-prone defending at Wembley and nearly again so at Luzhniki against a pretty dour English side. I can only hope that Arshavin can play with the same spark he did in that second half and that Israel forwards do not suddenly discover that you can do pretty much anything you want in the air against the fabled Russian back line. I also hope that he doesn't play Sychev or Kerzhakov as the lone striker (I've heard some... ahem... "interesting" theories about Kerzh's role of wearing down the England defence in Moscow, so that Pavlyuchenko can come on and finish them off but, to be perfectly honest, they sound b*llocks to me).
Alright, I agree completely about our suspect defense, no denying that. Yes they're horrid in the air, but Israel's not England. I've said this many times before, I put Sytchev ahead of Pavlyuchenko and Kerzh because he compliments our team more. Pavlyuchnko's an excellent finisher but isn't very good technically. Kerzh is in a weird situation in Sevilla and hasn't been doing anything over there since the new coach came in. Sytchev while a questionable finisher is very skillful and links up well with our midfield.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Alright, I agree completely about our suspect defense, no denying that. Yes they're horrid in the air, but Israel's not England. I've said this many times before, I put Sytchev ahead of Pavlyuchenko and Kerzh because he compliments our team more. Pavlyuchnko's an excellent finisher but isn't very good technically. Kerzh is in a weird situation in Sevilla and hasn't been doing anything over there since the new coach came in. Sytchev while a questionable finisher is very skillful and links up well with our midfield.
Against Englan with Sychev and Kerzhakov on the pitch we just didn't look like scoring. Yes, there was nice build-up play but when it came to delivering the ball into the area, there didn't seem to be any presence there. Only in the second half in Moscow did Arshavin start opening them up and it did not seem to me that it was through anything Kerzhakov did, whereas Pavlyuchenko was dragging defenders with him all over the place and had presence whereas the faster/lightweight strikers simply didn't. Israel would probably park the bus in the penalty area and we'd need some astute play from the forwards to find openings. I just fear with Sychev, for example, it could be loads of pointless running - I don't think he linked up with that midfield all that well at Wembley in front of goal and when he left those central areas there was really no one to come in and fill that gap. I'd say try two strikers with Arshavin behind, even.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pata said:
Against Englan with Sychev and Kerzhakov on the pitch we just didn't look like scoring. Yes, there was nice build-up play but when it came to delivering the ball into the area, there didn't seem to be any presence there. Only in the second half in Moscow did Arshavin start opening them up and it did not seem to me that it was through anything Kerzhakov did, whereas Pavlyuchenko was dragging defenders with him all over the place and had presence whereas the faster/lightweight strikers simply didn't. Israel would probably park the bus in the penalty area and we'd need some astute play from the forwards to find openings. I just fear with Sychev, for example, it could be loads of pointless running - I don't think he linked up with that midfield all that well at Wembley in front of goal and when he left those central areas there was really no one to come in and fill that gap. I'd say try two strikers with Arshavin behind, even.

Two strikers? Hmm, maybe a 4-3-1-2?

---Igor--
Anyukov-Brat-Igna-Brat
Zyrianov-Bilya-Zhirkov
---------AA--------
Pavlyuchenko----Sytchev/Kerzh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Maybe, something like that. Apparently they've been working on two formations in training this week, so perhaps they're toying with the idea of 2 forwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pata said:
Maybe, something like that. Apparently they've been working on two formations in training this week, so perhaps they're toying with the idea of 2 forwards.
Actually this 3-4-1-2 looks pretty good.

---Igor---
Brat---Igna--Brat
Anyukov---Zyrianov---Bilya---Zhirkov
------------------AA----------------
----Pavlyuchenko------Kerzh/Sytchev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
Actually this 3-4-1-2 looks pretty good.

---Igor---
Brat---Igna--Brat
Anyukov---Zyrianov---Bilya---Zhirkov
------------------AA----------------
----Pavlyuchenko------Kerzh/Sytchev
Suicidal line up especialy away from home........Not even with 80 per cent of ball possesion russia will win the game,in counter attacks Israel will kill igna and his brothers....in fact any amateur team will do it.:pp.....

You need class defenders to play like that,and i realy mean class not trash like brat brothers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kleber said:
Suicidal line up especialy away from home........Not even with 80 per cent of ball possesion russia will win the game,in counter attacks Israel will kill igna and his brothers....in fact any amateur team will do it.:pp.....

You need class defenders to play like that,and i realy mean class not trash like brat brothers.
You're forgetting that we NEED to score, a 0-0 won't help us. Israel is a very defensive team and are misisng their best player, that line-up is fine imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
You're forgetting that we NEED to score, a 0-0 won't help us. Israel is a very defensive team and are misisng their best player, that line-up is fine imo.
Hiddink should only go for that tactic if the score is 0-0 with 30 min to go.

Still don't understand why Titov is not in the squad,bilyaletdinov was crap against aberdeen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kleber said:
Hiddink should only go for that tactic if the score is 0-0 with 30 min to go.

Still don't understand why Titov is not in the squad,bilyaletdinov was crap against aberdeen.
What's wth your hate for Bilya? He's a great talent, great technique, great shot, great pass. Stop hating on him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
What's wth your hate for Bilya? He's a great talent, great technique, great shot, great pass. Stop hating on him.
I don't hate him.:rollani: ,he is just overated.....only plays well in loko stadium.....away is poor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
Good luck in the game. You obviously have the quality to get the 3 points but it won't be easy away in Israel. They'll be trying their hardest to spoil things for you.

If England has a chance with the last game, the will bribe Croatia and find a way to get that game. There is no excuse for you guys now. You have to win this game and put it away. Don't leave your fate to other teams like we have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,149 Posts
kleber said:
Hiddink should only go for that tactic if the score is 0-0 with 30 min to go.

Still don't understand why Titov is not in the squad,bilyaletdinov was crap against aberdeen.
Kleber, you've asked about it last month and I've answered that Titov have been retired from the international football.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
kleber said:
Suicidal line up especialy away from home........Not even with 80 per cent of ball possesion russia will win the game,in counter attacks Israel will kill igna and his brothers....in fact any amateur team will do it.:pp.....

You need class defenders to play like that,and i realy mean class not trash like brat brothers.
Eh, I think with those three at the back, we have a disaster waiting to happen anyway - counter-attacks or not. They probably could do with a 4-man midfield in front them, rather than an extra defender alongside them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Dmitriy said:
What's wth your hate for Bilya? He's a great talent, great technique, great shot, great pass. Stop hating on him.
Bilya is a bit twee, in my opinion. I think one of the limitations of the current side is that they just don't have that brain in midfield. It's a shame that it was made clear that, say, Titov was not part of Hiddink's plans as despite his age and injuries I think he's still able to raise his game for the big 'uns. His game at Celtic Park, for example, was a truly heroic (and ultimately tragic - with that missed penalty, which he should've never taken - performance) performance and he seemed to be the fittest man on the pitch midway through extra time. He could never be a long-term prospect for Russia but IMHO it would've helped to have someone like him in the squad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pata said:
Bilya is a bit twee, in my opinion. I think one of the limitations of the current side is that they just don't have that brain in midfield. It's a shame that it was made clear that, say, Titov was not part of Hiddink's plans as despite his age and injuries I think he's still able to raise his game for the big 'uns. His game at Celtic Park, for example, was a truly heroic (and ultimately tragic - with that missed penalty, which he should've never taken - performance) performance and he seemed to be the fittest man on the pitch midway through extra time. He could never be a long-term prospect for Russia but IMHO it would've helped to have someone like him in the squad.
There's no lack of creativity in our midfield as far as I'm concerned, we have one of the best ball possession teams in Europe. If anything our finishing is suspect. Titov's aging now and Hiddink did the right thing by injecting youth into our squad. If I'm not mistaken our oldest player is Zyrianov at 29.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,603 Posts
Dmitriy said:
There's no lack of creativity in our midfield as far as I'm concerned, we have one of the best ball possession teams in Europe. If anything our finishing is suspect. Titov's aging now and Hiddink did the right thing by injecting youth into our squad. If I'm not mistaken our oldest player is Zyrianov at 29.
Mistake again.:rollani: ,Zyryanov is 30.Titov 31.

Senior i don't think Titov retired from international football.

Hiddink use this line up in the training today

Gabulov
Igna and his brothers
Torbinsky(Anyukov)
Semshov
zyryanov
bilyaletdinov
Zhirkov
Arshavin
Pavluchenko

Looks like Anyukov have a injurie problem,i don't see torbinsky defending at all if he starts.
 
1 - 20 of 215 Posts
Top