Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at the yearly finacial meeting our congress accepted the proposed 100 million dollar budget.....:D

One word.....DAMN!!!!!

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Is the budget for everything in the club? Or just for football salaries?

How many other clubs in the world (or Europe) have a budget this big? I'm thinking that Fenerbahce is on the level of Man Utd and Chelsea, right?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol....not quite yet....:D

But we are amoingst the top 25 without any doubt. And yes it's the budget for the entire club.

Club budget announced in Financial Meeting

The Annual Financial Meeting was held today, with the 2005 budget being approved by members.
The club will be using a 132,101,907 YTL budget this year.

Deputy President Nihat Özdemir reviewed the 2004 activities and gave information on the current value of Fenerbahçe on the stock market, saying it has reached "200million dollars".

Özdemir assured the stadium will be fully completed by September when the capacity will rise to 52,000.

"We had aimed to have a 100million dollar budget by 2010 but we reached this number in 2005," said Özdemir.

The club currently has around 63million dollars debt, according to the financial report.

Meanwhile the appeals of Sadettin Saran against a two-year suspension from club activities and the expulsion of Ali Sertaç Gürel were refused by majority vote.

The board were given the right to form a new company which will take over the shares of Fenerbahçe Sportif Inc and other assets of the club. The club will also head the founding of a Fenerbahçe University and be responsible for putting a budget together for this new establishment.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Cengo said:
Lol....not quite yet....:D

Club budget announced in Financial Meeting

The club currently has around 63million dollars debt, according to the financial report.
:eek: Thats like Manchester City!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cengo said:
I thought only gala was in debt ..... exactly how man turkish clubs are in debt these days?

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I have to admit, I'm a little confused about the debt. I thought Fener was "in the black" with all the recent moves (growth of Fenerium, FBTV, etc.)

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lol....the debt is what we brag about the most. The 63 million dollar debt is all covered until 2007. But there is no club on earth without a debt.....the BIG difference between Fener and GS is that Fener has it under total control.

And secondly our debt would have decreased drastically if we hadnt built a stadium for the last 4-5 years, or if we hadnt built 40 Feneriums, or built new social facilities.

As you see Fener loans money for their investments not like GS to cover old loans with new loans....

Fenerbahce's economy has never been this good and this promising. Imagine when the club stops investing as much as it does at the moment.....but im afraid our investments will never stop! :D

Projects coming up:

* 7,500 capacity basketball court

* Fenerbahce University

* Kenan Evren Lisesi project. This project includes the buying of thge ground next to the Migros stand where our board wants to build a shopping mall/business center and a huge parking lot.

* More Feneriums in EUrope and Türkiye

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I forgot to add:

GS expects the cocts for 2005 to be 70.5 milyon YTL (55,8 million dollars) and the incomes to be 55.4 milyon YTL (43,8 million dollars)

This means that GS are expecting a loss of 12 million dollars for 2005(55,8-43,8)!

GS has a total debt of 144 million dollars.

This despite them not making any transfers with transfer fees, no stadiums, no facilities, no world class players.....nothing!

Figures shows that Fener's budget is twice as big as GS's....

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Cengo said:
I forgot to add:

GS expects the cocts for 2005 to be 70.5 milyon YTL (55,8 million dollars) and the incomes to be 55.4 milyon YTL (43,8 million dollars)

This means that GS are expecting a loss of 12 million dollars for 2005(55,8-43,8)!

GS has a total debt of 144 million dollars.

This despite them not making any transfers with transfer fees, no stadiums, no facilities, no world class players.....nothing!

Figures shows that Fener's budget is twice as big as GS's....

Cengo, you dont care about Gala do you?

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I see, I was forgetting about the current investments. That makes sense, go into debt temporarily to invest in big projects, but those projects will return on that investment very soon and grow the income to get out of debt.
Big difference from spending with no plan to get that money back.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yenibey said:
I see, I was forgetting about the current investments. That makes sense, go into debt temporarily to invest in big projects, but those projects will return on that investment very soon and grow the income to get out of debt.
Big difference from spending with no plan to get that money back.
Bro, that's what im talking about......our board is building a foundation that will "carry" this club for decades to come. And although the club has already made a lot of $$$ on these invetsments (bigger stadium, Feneriums) they havent even come half way.....i even doubt that we are making a 10th of what can be made "out there".

Fener sells no doubt more jerseys than many big clubs in Europe. But many of these big clubs play in the best leagues and thus get a bigger share from the TV-money. The TV-money in those leagues is enough for them to stay alive.....they dont need Feneriums or bigger grounds.

Fener gets 11 million dollars/year according to the new deal from LigTV.....that's less than what the crappiest teams in the P.L gets....so turkish clubs has to find new incomes......and it shows that Fener is the only club who has achieved this.

Although we dont get as much TV-money than some of the big clubs in europe we still make more money because of our great fan base.

For example: TV-money is for the majority of the clubs in Europe and Türkiye the biggest income. For many clubs this income makes up to 80% of the club's total income. That's why so many leagues and clubs are dependent of the TV-money. Fenerbahce managed to reduce this to 30% at the first stage.....now it's down to 15% according to vice President Nihat Özdemir....

This means that Fenerbahce has become a club dependent of no certain institution....This cant be said for the other 17 clubs in the Turkish league.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Also i think you have forgotten the upcoming project : FENERBAHCE AIRLINES ....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cengo said:
Lol....the debt is what we brag about the most. The 63 million dollar debt is all covered until 2007. But there is no club on earth without a debt
not even real madrid? :eekani:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts