Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm giving you my shoulder to cry on here. :D

Seriously though, tommorow will be 10 years since Moratti took over Inter and I'd like(as well as many others) to hear your take on it. I immagine it was not the best of times at all, but there are questions to be asked. What could have or should have Moratti done differently? How much are the failures at Inter exclusively his fault and how much were at fault those around him? Did he learn something from all that has happened? And is there a positive side to his era?

I'd like several Interisti to give their opinion before I state mine as an outsider.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
:jester:

God Bless Him!!!!!:stuckup:
The best thing that has happened to the City of Milan in the last decade!!!:stuckup::proud: :star:

FORZA UNO DI NOI!!!!!:stuckup:
PER SEMPRE NEL NOSTRO CUORE!!!!:heart::star: :stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Milan certainly have benefitted, glad you like it.

One day I hope to see a great Inter and a great Milan fight it out.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
San Siro said:
:jester:

God Bless Him!!!!!:stuckup:
The best thing that has happened to the City of Milan in the last decade!!!:stuckup::proud: :star:

FORZA UNO DI NOI!!!!!:stuckup:
PER SEMPRE NEL NOSTRO CUORE!!!!:heart::star: :stuckup:

Cheers.;)
Certo, voi avevate bisogno di Berlusconi per tornare a vincere! Sai che onore vincere con Mister possiedo tutto io...

FORZA INTER!!!

·
Registered
45,471 Posts
The Moratti era obviously hasn't been the best for us. Still, at least we won the UEFA Cup in 1998. And things look promising from here. Don't forget that Milan didn't win a single thing for 42 years! No scudetti, no European Cups (no CL, no UEFA, nothing), no Italian Cups, absolutely nothing! Not so much as a spoon to count as silverware!

So don't be ashamed. The Moratti era can't hold a candle to Milan's losing streak. At least we won something! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
firdaus bro i didnt get what u mean
they won the cl the schudetto last year and 2years ago
i didnt get what u mean bro

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
yeah... i dont think we can outdo bilan's near half-century.. is not easy, you know.

Oh Moratti.. he contributed.. he tried.

·
Registered
60,442 Posts
Firdaus said:
Don't forget that Milan didn't win a single thing for 42 years! No scudetti, no European Cups (no CL, no UEFA, nothing), no Italian Cups, absolutely nothing!
44 ;)

·
Registered
45,471 Posts
COOLNTALL said:
firdaus bro i didnt get what u mean
they won the cl the schudetto last year and 2years ago
i didnt get what u mean bro
I meant that they didn't win jack from 1908-1950. Pretty long time, huh?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah MIlan sucks..too bad only San Siro was alive to endure the pain back then

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
how sure are you that SS was a bilan fan back then.. he probably might have been bit differernt then... can he?

·
Registered
45,471 Posts
No way. As he's shown himself to be a glory hunter, he'd probably have been a Juventino or Interista! Yeah imagine him as an Interista! :yuck: I honestly prefer it this way - with him on the ugly side of town! :thmbup:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
For the record, a little clarification ladies:
I do not, and I repeat do NOT hate Inter in any shape or form! (Hate being such a strong word not applicable to football; the only club I'd truly dislike is Rubentus...:yuck: ). I actually LOVE with passion Inter!:heart: Some days, I wonder which one do I love most Milan or Inter? :lala::stress: One thing is for sure: that I couldn't live without Inter!:stuckup:

GOD BLESS :jester: HIM :jester: and Inter :jester:!!!!:stuckup::star:

Once again, grazie di cuore per questi belissimi 10 anni, carissimo Maxximo! 100 alti di questi anni come presidente dell'Inter!!!:hopefull::star: :proud:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
There is one thing I would like to clarify for those of you who have not already worked it out: San Siro, is a wanker, plain and simple.

Moratti being club owner has had both its positives and negatives. His presence at the club has allowed Inter to make high profiles signings and it is only in recent seasons that the cheque book has been put away and replaced by more careful planning and purchasing.

For a good part of Moratti's time at the helm of the club, Inter's supporters have suffered but at the same time, it is difficult to know whether we could have someone better and would be as spoiled under another club owner or whether we would suffer further humiliations.

One thing I would like to say is that despite it having taken nine or so years, Moratti at last appears to have wisend up. Perhaps it is more as a result of learning what will not do and what does not help as opposed to making the right descisions. It has been a long and slow process but he has learnt that big money signings do not guarantee success, that team work and a coach who has the confidence of his players is also necessary. I believe he has also learnt patience. But as I said before, he has learnt through a process of trial by error and Inter's supporters have had to suffer in the process.

In my opinion, allowing Facchetti to be President was Moratti's best decision in his ten year tenure. Facchetti has played and been around the game for a long time and as a result, he is a shrewd, no-nonsense charactrer. He also played in a different era when the sport was played (in my opinion) with greater honour and loyalty and the main focus of the sport was the game itself as opposed to today's football where superstar signings, money and advertising seem to rule the roost. As a result, Facchetti is the sort of loyal and honourable character that Inter needs and with Mancini having instilled a more competitive and hungry attitude at the club I believe it is only a matter of time before some positive results come Inter's way.

If Moratti continues with his hands off approach as he has done in the last season and a half then I will be happy. We have suffered, but our club owner also has a black and blue heart and is possibly Inter's greatest supporter. When you take that into consideration and couple it with the money he has spent over the years, our failures must also have hurt him.

FORZA MORATTI!

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Firdaus said:
1908-1950. 42 years. ;)
They didn't win anything until 51 according to that list. Thus, counting the years individually, means a whole 44 years past before their success. :thumbsup: :howler:

·
Registered
45,471 Posts
San Siro said:
For the record, a little clarification ladies:
I do not, and I repeat do NOT hate Inter in any shape or form! (Hate being such a strong word not applicable to football; the only club I'd truly dislike is Rubentus...:yuck: ). I actually LOVE with passion Inter!:heart: Some days, I wonder which one do I love most Milan or Inter? :lala::stress: One thing is for sure: that I couldn't live without Inter!:stuckup:

GOD BLESS :jester: HIM :jester: and Inter :jester:!!!!:stuckup::star:

Once again, grazie di cuore per questi belissimi 10 anni, carissimo Maxximo! 100 alti di questi anni come presidente dell'Inter!!!:hopefull::star: :proud:

Cheers.;)
What's with the abundance of smilies? Do you dot your i's with little hearts as well? Do you actually wink when you say cheers in real life? That would scare most people, I'm sure!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts