Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Our teams don't have advertising on the butt-cheeks.
2. Our U17 team is better.
3. Our U21 team is better.
4. Our new stadiums will be better than their new stadiums
5. Our Champion has a budget of 30 mio. CFR while their champ has 15 mio. € debts.
6. Our league has a higher attendance.
7. Our last humiliation was only 1:3 while theirs was 2:6
8. No sponsors in team names (Ex. Puntigamer Sturm Graz)
9. Our teams would never hire Lothar Matthäus.
10. Did I alreday mention the 6-2 scalping?

Seems clear to me ;)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
1. Our teams don't have advertising on the butt-cheeks.
1-0

2. Our U17 team is better.
Really??;)

Simple. Our U21 players play for the senior team...

Wait and see...

5. Our Champion has a budget of 30 mio. CFR while their champ has 15 mio. € debts.
Yes, but our next champion will have a budget of 30 mio....EURO..:)

Only due to Basel, but I would like to see official Swiss numbers compared to official Austrian numbers. The result might surprise...

Look at point 3. Did I already mention Krankl...?

8. No sponsors in team names (Ex. Puntigamer Sturm Graz)
Another point for you...

Don't blame the other clubs..:)

Which game??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
hmm i don't really have enough info on the situation of the two countries to take sides but will highlight a few points none the less :)

Viola said:

:dielaugh: :howler:. Perhaps a friendly should be organised between Austria and Swiss U-21. I know where i'd put my money

Are you suggesting that this would be Austria Vienna ;)

Only due to Basel, but I would like to see official Swiss numbers compared to official Austrian numbers. The result might surprise...

You should always compare the attendences to the size of the stadiums or else the results will be invalid :neutral:

I'd have to give a draw here. Austria were obviously playing better opposition but 6-2 is unacceptable nonetheless

Don't blame the other clubs..:)

Can't believe any club from either nation would be dumb enough to sign this egocentric Kraut----especially since he's linked with FC-Arrogance(masters of route one boring football :yuck: )

Which game??:rolleyes:

:dielaugh:.
Additional:
Switzerland has much better foreign players:
True - The top few clubs in Switzerland sigh quality players from places like Argentina (e.g Giminez, that dude on loan with GCZ), Nigeria (Oruma-just moved to France) i.e countries with a high level of technical skill whereas teams like FK Austria crow on about how they have signed players like Rushfeldt :tongue: (not that i'm saying he's a bad player or anything but outstanding skill and flair doesn't come into my head when i hear his name

Swiss teams perform much better in europe;
Hard to say. Swiss teams have outperformed the Austrians in the UEFA cup by a country mile in recent years but Austria was the last team to have a team in the CL (Strum Graz) and they have had a team in the final of a major european clb tournament (Salzburg in 1994).

Having said that i don't think there has been a team in Switzerland (or most other countries for that matter) that have embarassed themselves like Sturm have done in the CL :eek: :D :tongue:. Getting hit for 6 goals twice by real madrid in 1997/98 (or was it 98/99) and then copping no less than THREE (3) 5-0 defeats in the 2000-2001 CL (Rangers [nothing special], Monaco[who are they-didn't they almost get relegated from La Championnat] and Valencia[ok they are good but they hardly scored any goals under Cuper that season] )

Overall i think Austria edge it but the Swiss have their dignity in tact :D :)

BTW to check out the Uefa coefficients and related info, this link is excellent. Unfortunately (from a Swiss POV) Austria are ahead at the moment byt the trend is upwards for the Swiss and the other way for the Austrians :)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Well Andreas, concerning the foreigners - quite even.
Rushfeldt is pure class as Japan had to notice..:).
And FAK already signed Thorstein Helstad..:)
Then we have Janocko, Tokic, Bazina, Lawaree, Hota, Hasek, Kusi-Asare, Ratajczyk, L. Maier, Tchertchessov, Ceh, Pavlovic, Rojas, Adamski, Brzeczek, Anfang and quite a few other very good foreigners in our league. Some of these will be transferred to bigger leagues, though....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Different teams - different problems. I am a 100% sure that our U21 would've beaten Canada.

Wait and see...

Let's have a look, shall we: http://www.austria.switzerland-euro2008.com/showtopic.php?topic=25&slang=_e

While your stadiums are nice, the Pentagon gives us the edge in design.

Really? I must have missed this. Which club would this be?

I hear ya. We got our Kuhn...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts