Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
T-Portal has an article describing the 10 biggest wins ever by the Croatian National Team. I thought it was pretty interesting so here they are along with the line ups:

1994. ŠPANJOLSKA - HRVATSKA 0:2 (Prosinečki 6, Šuker 51)

Ladić, Štimac (Pavličić ), Jarni, Andrijašević (Vlaović ), Jerkan, Bilić, Janković (Mornar, Miše), Prosinečki, Bokšić, Asanović, Šuker. Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

1994. ITALIJA – HRVATSKA 1:2 (Baggio 90/Šuker 32, 59)

Ladić, Jerkan, Štimac, Bilić, Brajković, Asanović, Boban, Prosinečki (od 58. Mladenović ), Jarni, Šuker, Jurčević (89. Kozniku). Izbornik: Tomislav Ivić.

1995. HRVATSKA – ESTONIJA 7:1 (Mladenović 3, Šuker 19-11m, 58, 89, Bokšić 29, Boban 41, Štimac 81 / Reim 17)

Ladić (29. Mrmić ), Mladenović, Jarni, Štimac (81. Turković ), Jerkan, Bilić (75. Pralija), Stanić, Prosinečki, Šuker, Boban, Bokšić. Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

1996. HRVATSKA – DANSKA 3:0 (Šuker 53-11m, Boban 84, Šuker 89)

Ladić, Jerkan, Štimac, Bilić, Stanić, Asanović, Boban (Soldo), Prosinečki (87 Mladenović ), Jarni, Šuker, Vlaović (81. Jurčević ). Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

1997. HRVATSKA – UKRAJINA 2:0 (Bilić 11, Vlaović 49)

Ladić, Jurić, Bilić, Šimić, Šarić, Stanić (59. Asanović ), Boban (67 Jurčić ), Prosinečki, Jarni, Šuker, Vlaović (82. Cvitanović ). Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

1998. HRVATSKA – RUMUNJSKA 1:0 (Šuker 45 11-m)

Ladić, Štimac, Bilić, Šimić, Stanić (83. Tudor), Jurčić, Boban, Asanović, Jarni, Vlaović (76. Krpan), Šuker. Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

1998. HRVATSKA – NJEMAČKA 3:0 (Jarni 45, Vlaović 80, Šuker 84)

Ladić, Štimac, Bilić, Šimić, Stanić, Soldo, Boban, Asanović, Jarni, Vlaović (od 84. Marić ), Šuker. Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

1998. HRVATSKA – NIZOZEMSKA 2:1 (Prosinečki 13, Šuker 36/Zenden 21)

Ladić, Štimac, Bilić, Soldo, Stanić, Prosinečki (od 78. Vlaović ), Jurčić, Asanović, Jarni, Boban (86. Tudor), Šuker. Izbornik: Miroslav Blažević.

2000. HRVATSKA – ITALIJA 2:1 (Olić 74, Rapaić 76 / Vieri 56)

Pletikosa, R. Kovač, Tomas, Šimunić, Šarić, Vugrinec (58. Olić ), Soldo (63. Vranješ), N. Kovač, Jarni, Rapaić (80. D. Šimić ), Bokšić. Izbornik: Mirko Jozić.

2003. HRVATSKA – BELGIJA 4:0 (Srna 7, Pršo 55, T. Marić 70, J. Leko 76)

Pletikosa, R. Kovač, D. Šimić, Šimunić, Živković, Srna, Rosso (46. J. Leko, Tudor (78. N. Kovač ), Rapaić, Pršo (71. Stanić ), T. Marić. Izbornik: Otto Barić.

http://www.tportal.hr/sport/nogomet/page/2005/02/09/0134006.html

I would have had the Hrvatska - Turkey game from Euro96 in there somewhere. That was our first game and win in a big tournament.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I would have the 1-0 against Belgium in Zagreb to get us into the 2002 World Cup also... I remember it being 0-0 late in the game before Prosinecki-Balaban-Boksic GOL!!! :)

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Thats a good list, but I definetly wouldn't put the Romania win in the W/C as one of the top 10....beating Ukraine 2-0 in Zagreb for the 98 qualifications was huge(Ukraine was one of the best dark horse teams in Europe at that time so they naturally pitted us against each other lol), and I agree with HS the Cro vs. USA game in 90 was HUGE! :eekani: :thmbup:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
and the 3-0 thrashing of Mexico in 93.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Some impressive wins I must say.

Nice avatar ERO, :rolleyes: :thmbdown: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Fleka said:
Some impressive wins I must say.

Nice avatar ERO, :rolleyes: :thmbdown: :rolleyes:
hurts your eyes eh? I'm glad you don't like it, makes me LOVE it all the more :) :)

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Maybe even the win against Slovenia in the second leg of the home and away series for Euro 2004 qualifications could be on that list because that was huge in our region, and Slovenia was tough as nails in those 2 games. We started to play our best when we went down to 10 men lol :thumbsup: :) PRSO :proud:

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Ero said:
hurts your eyes eh? I'm glad you don't like it, makes me LOVE it all the more :) :)
Ero you can try and be as German as you like but you know who you are most like. Now that hurts doesn't it?? :D

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
We will the day you do. I've read some of your neo nazi comments, too torcida. You should move in with your friend, Ero and listen to some heavy metal music.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
eh fleka just **** seriously get a life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.