Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No Elano? Kenwyne Jones I thought would be there

---------------------------------------

Bakary Sagna (Arsenal) £6m from Auxerre.
Once again Arsene unearths a beauty of a signing. Pretty much unheard of before he left France for north London, but now arguably the best full back in the country.

Anderson (Man United) £18m from Porto.

May seem a steep fee, but could be worth a lot more if he continues impressing. Amazingly still only 19.

Fernando Torres (Liverpool) £26.5 from Atletico Madrid.

People scoffed when he arrived at Anfield for a fee many considered pricey, but I am sure most of those doubters have disappeared now. 21 goals in 27 starts tends to change people’s opinions!

Sulley Muntari (Portsmouth) £7m from Udinese.
A class act pulling the strings at Fratton Park. Playing a big part of their continued rise up the table.

Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth) Free from Man City.
Possibly the player of the year at Portsmouth. His defensive partnership with Sol Campbell has been astounding.

Martin Petrov (Man City) £4.7 from Atletico Madrid.

Chased by a number of clubs in the summer, the winger has been awesome for the Eastlands side, creating a large number of the goals Sven’s team have scored.

James McFadden (Birmingham) £4.75m from Everton.

I was skeptical about this move at first, but the Scot could prove to be crucial in Brum's attempt to beat the drop.

Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn) £3.8m from Bayern Munich.

Possibly the bargain of the season. Santa Cruz took the big step of leaving the comfort of his Bayern spot and opted for a shot at the Premier League with unfancied Blackburn. The result, a goal more or less every other game, and a true team player and well worth triple what Mark Hughes wisely invested.

Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham) £8m from Middlesbrough.
Yes, it’s early days but this could prove to be a very wise purchase indeed. Juande Ramos needed some solidarity at the back and the purchase of the rejuvenated Woodgate has already helped secure silverware.

Fabrice Muamba (Birmingham) £4m from Arsenal.

After a season on loan the Midlands side stumped up the £4m for the permanent signature of the 19-year-old and it could

http://www.sportingo.com/

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
calling mcfadden one of the best transfers after he's played only a few games is horribly wrong.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Elano has gone off the boil recently, I blame the international matches he played, he was clearly playing unfit for a while over Christmas, and needs a rest.

Petrov has over the season proved to be the better signing, he was cheaper and has been more consistent. Lets not think though that Elano has been markedly worse, he was inspirational to us for the early part of the season, making us a top 4 side and giving us style and viveur as well.

A big shout for Corluka as well. 8m may have been pricey, but he is one of the best right-backs there is in Europe already. He should become a top class defender, and is a huge prospect.

I know he signed last season, but if we're looking retrospectively Hart has proved a bargain. You can count Distin as last season as well as he was tapped up by Harry early last season :rollani:

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
fernando torres is a good signing and he's scored plenty of goals, only thing is he cant help pool win the title anymore.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Mark Hughes, 2 seasons and strikers who have been HOT.

Benni and Santa Cruz.

I think Tuncay has been a very good signing for Boro.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Re: Distin - no arguments about his inclusion

As much as I love Sulley, he doesnt deserve to be in there (along with Muamba :D ). Needs to discover some consistency and stop screwing up the simple things before he starts to justify his 7m fee

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Re: Distin - no arguments about his inclusion

As much as I love Sulley, he doesnt deserve to be in there (along with Muamba :D ). Needs to discover some consistency and stop screwing up the simple things before he starts to justify his 7m fee
He gets too many bookings, reds and suspensions to be a top class midfielder, he only plays half a season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts