Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some rumors that Parma wanted a one year extension of the contract. Is that true?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
He has a 18 month contract that runs out next summer (2003). That's all I know. An extension until 2004 would be a good thing IMO. I hope it's true. Where did you hear it anyway?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Why would we want that? Its not like he has put the nets on fire since he joined... If he plays better next season I suppose Parma will think about it. But right now renewing his contract makes little sense...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some turkish newspaper:

Hakan Þükür'e kal baskýsý
Ýtalya'nýn Parma Kulübü, ara transferde Ýnter'den aldýðý Hakan Þü- kür'e, 1 yýl daha takýmda kalmasý için teklif götürdü.

Sarý lacivertli yöneticilerle dün masaya oturan Hakan, henüz kesin anlaþma saðlanamadýðýný, ancak büyük olasýlýkla gelecek yýl da Parma formasýný giyeceðini söyledi. 30 yaþýndaki golcü futbolcunun Parma yöneticilerine, ‘‘Bonservisimi bedelsiz olarak bana verdiðiniz taktirde 1 yýl daha oynarým’’ dediði, sarý lacivertlilerin de bu talebe sýcak baktýðý öðrenildi. Bu arada Ýtalya basýný, Parma'nýn önceki gün Udinese'yi 2-0 yendiði maçta 1 gol atan Hakan Þükür'e 10 üzerinden 6.5 not verdi. La Gazzetta dello Sport gazetesi, golcü futbolcu için,‘‘Son yarým saatte güçlendirici bir ilaç. Ýkinci gole mühürünü bastý’’ ifadesini kullanýrken, Corriere dello Sport, ‘‘Hakan oyuna girdikten 10 dakika sonra 1 ya da 2 kez topa dokunuyor ve birini gol yapýyor’’ yorumunu yaptý.

in short:

Pressure on Hakan to stay
Parma who Transfered Hakan from Inter in the middle of the season, has announced to him to stay one more year.

Hakan who had a meeting with the managers of Parma yesterday, has declared that no concrete terms had been agreed on, but it was likely that he would stay with Parma for one more year.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I guess it only means he isn't going somewhere else in the summer. His contract is still unto 2003.
I want him to stay another year. It's not that he's the best striker in the world, but he does a good job and is proffesional and experienced. He makes a perfect contender with Bonazzoli for the one spot.

Di Vaio, Bonazzoli and Sukur is a good attack. Just add another goalscorer and we're fine.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Amo, he may not have set the nets on fire, but he plays every week, he sets up goals for others, & we must remember that when ever we actual bother to use wingers who cross the ball, he'll score more. Finishing-wise, he's better with his head than his feet imo.

I think it is great he isn't leaving because he is rapidly becoming a favourite player of mine at the club, & it would terrible to see him go as soon as he started playing well.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I suppose I'm just not convinced Hakan is the man. He is a great all around player and I do appreciate the way he opens up defences and all, but he is just a very average finisher, even worse than Di Vaio if that is possible.

I have absolutely no problems keeping him in a back up-occasional starter role (not in the expense of Bonazzoli though) but I'm dieing to see some new blood in our attack. I don't really care about the age. Now we're not getting Maccarone since we let our option on him expire so foolisly I'm all for doing a double strike on Udinese and Venezia for Maniero and Muzzi. Muzzi would be an ideal alternative for Di Vaio and Maniero has been having a great season scoring heaps against the big clubs. Get me these two and along with the 3 we have it will be a great attack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts