Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
66,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jo with the goal, former CSKA player Laizan equalised 5 minutes later. Uninspiring start but yea yea I know, first game of the season.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
:howler: me too. I was hoping to watch Shakhtar-Metalist but I got home like 3 hours before it was getting ready to kick-off :howler:

I wonder why you guys weren't able to score more goals? Your attack is potent, I'm very surprised at this result. CSKA better not start the season with a few more draws, that would hurt

·
Registered
66,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:howler: me too. I was hoping to watch Shakhtar-Metalist but I got home like 3 hours before it was getting ready to kick-off :howler:

I wonder why you guys weren't able to score more goals? Your attack is potent, I'm very surprised at this result. CSKA better not start the season with a few more draws, that would hurt
Yea same here. I couldn't tough it out.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Live tv broadcast of Shakhtar-Metalist was ****e up today,only saw the last 15 min of the first half.....

Didn't see cska as dynamo kyiv,still sleeping,only wake up at 14.00,only saw the goals..another blunder by you guys.

·
Registered
268 Posts
a mixed result...it's good to see jo get off the mark and hopefully he can grow in confidence and continue to score...the goal was a a bit sloppy but he showed good anticipation to get behind the defender and tap it past the keeper...but it was disappointing to concede so soon after scoring but shinnik were going to be tough considering they are back in the league, they would want to make a good impact and prove a point...i just hope there aren't too many draws like last season and the team can kill off games rather than relying on a risky 1 goal...but it is the first game of the season, the team has scored and an unbeaten start...

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Generally we were slightly better, have some opportunities to score, but their keeper saved them two times (good long shot from Vagner and Zhirkov's strike from within the area) and one time the bar helped him (Jo headed the ball into the bar). Unlucky goal against us, the ball was cleared from the line by Vasily Berezutsky, but then hit someone (Ignashevich or Akinfeev) and returned centrally in front of the net, Laizans have no problems with scoring.
Ricardo Jesus first touch was dissapointing, he lost a couple of balls; sometimes too much dribbling in the center by Ricardo, Dudu, Vagner and even Caner.

·
Registered
66,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saw the match today, best players for me were Krasic, Zhirkov, and Dudu. No one was bad apart from Jesus. It's his first game so I won't hold it against him.

·
Registered
66,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In my opinion, if Krasic plays well all year long, CSKA win the title.

He's the X-Factor to me.
He looked very good today, maybe the best player on the pitch. If Carvalho's not fit or out of form we need him and Zhirkov to step up and play well because with the likes of Dudu and Shemberas we won't have much creativity in the middle. Anyway, him and Yuri both played well today, they did their part.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
This draw is a minor setback, but nevertheless, CSKA should only have two goals this season:

1. Win the Russian title
2. Qualify for the Round of 32 of the 08-09 UEFA Cup

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
This draw is a minor setback, but nevertheless, CSKA should only have two goals this season:

1. Win the Russian title
2. Qualify for the Round of 32 of the 08-09 UEFA Cup
Neither of them with such a crap coach.

·
Registered
66,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crap coach..yea kleber sure. 4 titles and a UEFA Cup and he's a crap coach.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts

·
Registered
66,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keep living from the past.
Two years ago is long ago? :confused:

I'm sure myself and the rest od CSKA fans are shaking with fear from the prospects of going up against the likes of Blokhin, Cherchessov, Rakhimov, etc. :rollani:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Two years ago is long ago? :confused:

I'm sure myself and the rest od CSKA fans are shaking with fear from the prospects of going up against the likes of Blokhin, Cherchessov, Rakhimov, etc. :rollani:
Congrats then,what a comparasion.:rollani::rollani:...thwere is only one good coach in Russia,Advocaat who looks world class compared with the rest.

Gazzaev in europe?zero chances.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats then,what a comparasion.:rollani::rollani:...thwere is only one good coach in Russia,Advocaat who looks world class compared with the rest.

Gazzaev in europe?zero chances.
is the same advocaat who only just won the league after spending heavily to strengthen the squad...this season will surely be a much tougher test...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts