Xtratime Community banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
dinamo67
9,277 Posts
Construction on NK Osijek's new stadium has started. Didn't even know they were getting one. Not bad for Osijek considering Gradski Vrt is not a bad stadium. Apparently a training camp and hotel is being built along with it. It will be 12,900 capacity, although the article says it can be expanded to 15,000. An article on Osijek's website a year or go had it at 12k. I don't know which number to believe. 15k would've been good. 12k I feel is a little to small for the NT. Anyway exciting stuff to go along with the new stadium in Rijeka that will be finished way after we're all dead. Main thing is it'll happen. :D All we need now is a new one in Zagreb to be built.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/video-construction-of-impressive-new-football-stadium-in-osijek-on-track/

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Semifinal cup draw

Slaven vs. Lokomotiva
Rijeka/Dinamo vs. Osijek

Game will be played in early February including the Rijeka-Dinamo quarterfinal

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Construction on NK Osijek's new stadium has started. Didn't even know they were getting one. Not bad for Osijek considering Gradski Vrt is not a bad stadium. Apparently a training camp and hotel is being built along with it. It will be 12,900 capacity, although the article says it can be expanded to 15,000. An article on Osijek's website a year or go had it at 12k. I don't know which number to believe. 15k would've been good. 12k I feel is a little to small for the NT. Anyway exciting stuff to go along with the new stadium in Rijeka that will be finished way after we're all dead. Main thing is it'll happen. :D All we need now is a new one in Zagreb to be built.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/video-construction-of-impressive-new-football-stadium-in-osijek-on-track/
Kind of ridiculous with the new Kantrida. They could of built 4 new stadiums since they agreed years ago to replace the old stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The longest tenured HNL manager has been sacked as Toplak is out at Inter, new manager is Zeljko Petrovic who was mostly an assistant manager in his career

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
HNL returned this week, both Rijeka and Osijek dropped points so Hajduk now have a four point advantage on 2nd place. Important win for Inter who go four points clear on the relegation places. VAR will be used in the HNL from now on and it was first used in the Varazdin-Hajduk match

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Rijeka eliminate Dinamo in the quarterfinals of the cup in a match played in hurricane like wind conditions

The semifinals are now set with Rijeka hosting Osijek and Slaven hosting Lokomotiva. Matches take place in mid-March

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Osijek drop points again, golden chance for Hajduk to extend their lead on second place as they host Loko

Good start to the second half for Inter with their new management team but like Gorica they have become an “agent” club so expect that team to be filled with foreigners eventually

Varazdin sack Bonacic, fully expect Toplak to be new manager

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only Tudor's third game in charge and already a loss against a lowly Slaven Belupo side. Even Buric had a better start. Fantastic progress under the new leadership.

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Gorica sack Jakirovic after a poor string of results including not scoring since the winter break, the tipping point was a 6:0 loss to Hajduk where the score line was actually kind to them. Will be interesting to see if he has any interest, his style of football is atrocious but he stabilized Gorica into a mid table club

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Gorica appoint Lithuanian Valdas Dambrauskas as their new manager, obviously a connection with the club's Lithuanian investors. He has managed some Lithuanian youth national teams, won some trophies with Zalgiris in his homeland and recently managed in Latvia.

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
It was a great derby yesterday in Split. Hajduk really surprised me, organised, aggressive, closed down attacks very well, crisp passing out of the back and slick counters nearly lead to two goals. Jairo and Caktaš impressed, Posavec with a few fine saves. I gotta give it to Tudor, in a few months he's managed to make Hajduk look like a team instead of a collection of individuals (y)

Dinamo was also hungry, tried to take the game to the Bili but were unable to dominate, even after the red, despite Petković being an absolute BEAST! I tell you lads, this man will be world class striker if he keeps performing like this. Defenders at Euros will have nightmares if Bruno comes out to play.

The red card ruined a festival of football and who knows what would have happened in the second at that pace, what a dumbass tackle to do like that. (facepalm emoji, sigh)

All in all, good football, great atmosphere, good jibing on social media and some mouth watering prospects all over the pitch.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Hajduk have been awful today. Rijeka dominating.
I must say Rozman has done a good job. Allot of young players are in his lineup and they seem to be getting better. Stefulj is a very good player. I know they always talked about their commitment to youth allot during the Kerman days but you rarely saw it. Now is seems the fruits have come to bear.

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
Totally different team vs. Rijeka, they got dominated!

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
HNS decided the season will end June 28. They didn’t give out full details yet but my guess is they will try to play as much as possible and whatever the table looks like on the 28th will be the final table

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
The first shoe to fall of probably many from this virus as the new investor of Inter Zapresic leaves the club along with the manager. With probably a limited transfer window this summer most HNL clubs will struggle even more financially

·
Registered
69,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It appears the cup semifinals will take place May 31 and a week later the league season resumes. The matches will be played without fans and should finish in late July with the cup final being in August. Have no idea what UEFA will do about CL/EL qualifying for next season

The second division and below has been cancelled along with the youth leagues. There was rumors next seasons HNL would be expanded to 12 teams but that was shot down by Šuker. Most likely scenario is Sibenik go up with the 10th place HNL going down now

41 - 56 of 56 Posts