Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Simon Rozman officially the new Rijeka manager, his first job outside of Slovenia, appears to be an offensive minded coach and somebody Rijeka had in mind for a while

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Osijek made contact with Biscan but he turned down any approach. They have been linked with some of your typical recycled HNL coaches (Ivkovic, Cvitanovic, Cacic, Jurcic, Karacic, Orescanin etc..) though it appears Mestrovic will want to bring in a foreign manager

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Inter Zapresic’s goalkeeper scored in the final seconds in their 2:2 draw with Istra. The way the bottom half is every point is vital :D

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sertic demoted back to manager of the youth team and Slaven Belupo hire Tomislav Stipic, Croatian who lived in Germany most of his life and coached in the lower leagues there and Grasshopper in Switzerland

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another sacking over the international break as Varazdin bring Luka Bonacic back to Croatia, bit of a surprise but the club seem to change coaches for fun

·
Banned
36,097 Posts
Bonacic is a real piece of work I heard, allegedly swindled big bucks from naive expats overseas by promising to make stars out of their kids.

·
Banned
36,097 Posts
Is he the HDZ? :dielaughing::dielaughing:
I don't know, but you're not wrong, politicians thieve, lie and swindle for a living, the oldest con in the book.

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
One of the strangest goals you will see in Poljud, Slaven player tried to lob the keeper who managed to save it with a last gasp dive however for some reason the Slaven players thought they scored (the keeper crashed into the net so I assume they thought the ball hit the net) and the majority of the team were celebrating as Hajduk had a 3 on 1 breakaway and the Slaven keeper was too busy celebrating on the bench :howler:

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Rijeka lose at home to Gorica in the final minute, probably should have dropped points last week as well. Not the best start for their new manager. Their next two matches are Osijek and Dinamo, they could be buried for 2nd place by then but luckily for them Hajduk are awful away from home

·
Registered
158 Posts
One of the strangest goals you will see in Poljud, Slaven player tried to lob the keeper who managed to save it with a last gasp dive however for some reason the Slaven players thought they scored (the keeper crashed into the net so I assume they thought the ball hit the net) and the majority of the team were celebrating as Hajduk had a 3 on 1 breakaway and the Slaven keeper was too busy celebrating on the bench :howler:[/url]
LOL, amateur hour. To compound Slaven's misery, I reckon the Hajduk keeper released the ball outside his area too.

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
In a season where 2nd place gets you a CL qualifying spot it seems like nobody wants it. Hajduk can’t win away from home in months, Rijeka blew a two goal lead to Osijek and the results since Biscan left haven’t been great while Osijek are inconsistent too. The likes of Gorica and Loko have an outside shot perhaps :howler:

At the bottom Inter, Istra, Slaven and Varazdin all within one point of each other

Meanwhile in the 2.HNL, Sibenik are running away with the league, the big surprise is Orijent are in 2nd but the HNS got rid of the promotion playoff

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Awful end to the game for Rijeka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Quarterfinal cup draw

Inter - Osijek
Gorica - Slaven
Rijeka - Dinamo
Sibenik - Lokomotiva

Matches will be played in early December, the rematch of the cup final last season already in the quarters

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Well, so much for Rijeka finishing in the top 3 for the last 6-7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
If Hajduk were halfway decent away from home they would be running away for 2nd place however their next two games are Dinamo (A) and Rijeka (H) so maybe the gap will close. I think at current form Rijeka are the longshots, lets see what they do in the winter

·
Registered
68,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hajduk managed to get a point in Maksimir to keep things interesting for now, although Dinamo do have a game in hand. Hajduk had to hang on a bit and rely on their young goalkeeper but overall 4 points from Dinamo so far this season. Osijek struggled to beat Istra while Rijeka won easily so they both return to the top 4 but Gorica and Lokomotiva seem legit candidates to break that up.

In the second division, Sibenik have now a 10 point lead and are surely going up, 2nd place is still the surprising Orijent while Cibalia are bottom of the league there are they continue to struggle financially

·
Registered
474 Posts
Dinamo dominated for the most part to be honest. Getting a point was down to Ljubic. Petkovic showed his class once again in that game but needs to finish his chances better. Hajduk i think will battle Osijek for second place.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts