Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dinamo start as obvious favourites, just hoping it's close and someone can challenge.

Would think new boys Gorica will be fighting relegation along with Rudes and Istra.

10 teams and play each other 4 times.

Starts on Friday:

Opening fixtures:

Dinamo v Rudes
Istra 1961 v Slaven Belupo
Lokomotiva v Inter Zapresic
Osijek v Hajduk
Rijeka v Gorica

·
Registered
69,126 Posts
Haven't really paid attention to the HNL offseason due to my limited internet connection while in Croatia but while I was in Pula I did watch about 10-15 minutes of Istra's training session on a side field :D I know standard of living in Croatia is lower but I walked by the ticket booth there and they sell season tickets for as low as 300kn (roughly $50), no wonder why these clubs only survive on selling players

Rudes will be much weaker than last season after Alaves stopped investing in them, Gorica look like another team which will fill their squad with random foreigners

·
Registered
69,126 Posts
And here are the transfers based off transfermarkt
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/1-hnl/transfers/wettbewerb/KR1/saison_id/2018

As you can see not much activity even among the top four. Dinamo did well to add Lovro Majer who apparently turned down moves abroad to go to Dinamo while they on paper improved the defense bringing in Dilaver (Lech Poznan), Leovac (PAOK) and Theophile-Catherine (St. Etienne). Their key departures were Sosa (Stuttgart), Coric (Roma) and Soudani (Nottingham Forest). Rijeka basically did very little, Hajduk mostly added guys on free transfers/loans with the permanent signing of Gyurcso being their only transfer fee. They did sell Letica to Brugge and replaced him with fellow Cro U21 keeper Josip Posavec and also signing Tomislav Duka. Osijek sold Mateo Barac to Rapid Vienna while they brought in mostly young players

In terms of the clubs outside of the top 4 nothing much to report: Slaven made some interesting moves as they sold Nikola Katic to Glasgow Rangers and signed Jean-Philippe Mendy (ex-Maribor, was playing in UAE) as well as Matej Jelic who was a bust at Rijeka. Inter bring back some old HNL faces: Ivan Kelava, Steven Lustica and Igor Bubnjic

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HNL has started:

Dinamo have got a very different team out tonight from the one that played Hapoel nd not working well at the moment.

HT: Dinamo 0-1 Rudes

Moharami og on 28.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FT: Dinamo 1-1 Rudes

Rudes miss a few chances to go 2-0 up and Peric equalised in the 94th minute. Gavranovic thenhad a goal rightly disallowed for offside on 95. Probably a fair result, Rudes will be gutted and Dinamo didn't look good.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lokomotiva 4-0 Inter Zapresic
Rijeka 2-0 Gorica

Lokomotiva dominated Inter. Inter were unbelievably bad.

Rijeka controlled their game and could have had more but not a bad display by Gorica in their first match.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Istra 1961 1-1 Slaven Belupo

Own goal gave Slaven the lead and a diving heder from Rubic equalised on 74. Decent second half and a fair result.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Week 1 Results:

Dinamo 1-1 Rudes
Istra 1961 1-1 Slaven Belupo
Lokomotiva 4-0 Inter Zapresic
Osijek 4-1 Hajduk
Rijeka 2-0 Gorica

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
What’s the story with that Hajduk-Osijek scoreline?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hajduk were just terrible and Osijek were good.

Bockaj, Barisic, Hajradinovic, Mudrazija and Henty were all great and ruined Hajduk.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Watched a replay of Gorica-Rijeka.

Jesus Christ, the Gorica back line is awful

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
What’s the story with that Hajduk-Osijek scoreline?
Everyone is overtaking Hajduk as they're busy bitching about social justice and how Zagreb is "oppressing them". Meanwhile both Osijek and Rijeka have left them in the dust, I wonder if that's also Zagreb's fault?

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Everyone is overtaking Hajduk as they're busy bitching about social justice and how Zagreb is "oppressing them". Meanwhile both Osijek and Rijeka have left them in the dust, I wonder if that's also Zagreb's fault?

Super easy to explain that away, of course.

#centrallyplannedresults

Everyone and every club are scheming to stick it to Hajduk. Duh.

·
Registered
36,111 Posts
Super easy to explain that away, of course.

#centrallyplannedresults

Everyone and every club are scheming to stick it to Hajduk. Duh.
Oh zing, how could I forget! :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rijeka 4-0 Inter Zapresic

Shocking start to the season for Inter.

Weird these fixtures having some teams play 2 in a row at home and some 2 in a row away. Surely Inter should have been at home for this one?

·
Registered
69,126 Posts
Weird these fixtures having some teams play 2 in a row at home and some 2 in a row away. Surely Inter should have been at home for this one?
Other than their European matches, Dinamo don't play outside of Zagreb until the last weekend in September :yawn:

Its basically the HNS trying to aid Dinamo in their Euro campaign

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dinamo 3-0 Istra 1961

Gorica currently playing their first home game against Slaven Belupo.

I thought Gorica had to play at Msksimir? They're playing at their ground

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some good matches so far:

Gorica 3-3 Slaven Belupo
Osijek 3-2 Rudes

Last match of week 2 kicking of in half an hour:

Hajduk v Lokomotiva

1 - 20 of 95 Posts