Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Ibisevic's contract expires at the end of the season and he's turning 36 next summer so bringing in a youngster like Piatek was the next logical step. The Hertha board want to build this super team to fight for CL football and the league title next season.

Borussia Dortmund signed Emre Can on loan from Juventus until the end of the season with an obligation to buy.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Hertha should worry about not getting relegated first. Oh, and getting a good coach of course. :D

Emre Can sucks. I am very happy Dortmund went for him. Haaland continues to impress though.

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Don't see how Kohfeldt will last much longer, Bremen lost at home to Union and are now in the bottom two on GD after Fortuna got a point against 10-man Wolfsburg. Paderborn also got a late point at Schalke but with Mainz winning there is now a gap forming between 15th-16th

Obviously the big game is tomorrow between Bayern and RBL

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I like how in the Bundesliga coaches don't get sacked as easily and as quickly as in other leagues but Kohfeldt deserves the boot the most right now. Favre also isn't far behind, in my opinion. For Dortmund to conceed 4 goals against this Leverkusen team is embarassing. I also don't expect Klinsmann to last long especially if Hertha were to get relegated.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
I am not sure but I think the Klinsmann job is only until the summer anyway.

Favre and Dortmund will lead nowhere, I also think that will be his final nail in the coffin of getting another Bundesliga job. He is a good coach, but there seems to be something wrong with his personality too.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Klinsmann steps down as Hertha Berlin after just 10 weeks in charge, I guess he clearly saw that there was no hope with this current Hertha team. Now they actually might get relegated.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Klinsmann steps down as Hertha Berlin after just 10 weeks in charge, I guess he clearly saw that there was no hope with this current Hertha team. Now they actually might get relegated.

I hope you are sarcastic.

Klinsmann is just a super shitty coach. Most likely his successor (Kovac even? :D ) will do a much better job than him.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I already tipped Kovac to come in after Covic, now this would be the perfect opportunity to help his former club even if he is an average coach at best. I don't think they will get relegated but at this point it would surprise me if they end up in the relegation playoff spot maybe.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
The bottom three is completely different from the first half of the season now with the point gap increasing between 15th and 16th, amazing Werder and Paderborn still haven't sacked their respective coaches. Union and Hertha are level on points for the first time this season. At the top, Bayern is finally in first position but with just a point ahead of RB Leipzig.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Bayern usually has one good half and one bad half in the last few weeks. That is a weird development. Like today in the first half the score should have been 7/8-0 while Köln had like 5-6 incredible chances to score in the second half.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Some very weak teams this year have managed to look very good at times against Bayern, it's perplexing. The same thing happened when Bayern played away in Paderborn.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I mentioned a few weeks ago that Hertha could potentially get relegated, well Koln just handed them their biggest loss of the season at home 0-5 and they only managed one shot on target for the entire game. This is not good news especially with Düsseldorf winning away to Freiburg. Meanwhile, Dortmund beat Bremen 0-2 to further put pressure on Kohlfeldt who now hasn't won a game at home in charge of Werder since early September, the worst record in the league this season. Elsewhere, Hoffenheim took a vital point away to Mönchengladbach paving the way for RB Leipzig and Bayern to keep fighting for top spot.

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
What a surreal end to Hoffenheim-Bayern, the game was stopped due to an anti-Hopp protest. When the players returned to the pitch they essentially stopped playing, they were kicking the ball to each other like that Simpson’s soccer/football episode :D

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
In the 2BL Arminia open a six point lead on 2nd place Stuttgart and more importantly nine points over HSV with a far superior GD to both. Both Nurnberg and Hannover are closer to relegation than the promotion spots

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Those "fans" need life-time stadium bans. Get rid of all this ultra shit and the world will be a better place. Same "protests" = insults happened in Dortmund yesterday and Berlin today.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
The thing is, in a lot of leagues including the Bundesliga, the atmosphere coming from the fans would be severely impacted by getting rid of Ultras. With that being said, I am strongly against attacking people like Hopp even though the idea of private owners buying clubs is alien to Germany and rightfully so to some extent. Having banners with "horensohn" written on them is inappropriate and a terrible way to get your point across.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Creating athmosphere does not give you any rights to have a say in your club (or even more so other clubs). I seriously don't understand where this self-assessment from those groups comes from. I am not sure you have that in other sports. Certainly cannot imagine some NBA fans feeling they should have a say in the club's matters.

And this is not even speaking about crimes (pyrotechnique, insults, violence, racism) which happens regularly. I often feel like screaming "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE" at those people.

·
Registered
69,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Leipzig held by Wolfsburg, think their title hopes of slipping after back to back draws. Later today Dortmund go to Gladbach and if they fail to win then I think the title race is essentially done on paper (Bayern still go to Dortmund but their fixtures in general aren't too difficult)

At the bottom, Bremen blew a two goal lead in Berlin and along with Fortuna are probably the main candidates for the drop with Paderborn.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Augsburg have sacked Martin Schmidt following a string of defeats which saw they drop to 14th place and just 5 points above the relegation zone, he lasted a little under a year at the job. He is replaced by Heiko Herrlich, the former Bayer Leverkusen coach and Borussia Dortmund legend.

Matchday 26 is officially postponed including in 2. Bundesliga, next week the DFL will recommend that the league be suspended until at least April 2nd including the international break amid the coronavirus outbreak. Given the circumstances, it was the right thing to do, a lot of good fixtures would have been played in anxious conditions for the players and probably behind closed doors.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,472 Posts
Here we Go Folks:

GERMANY
The Bundesliga season will restart on May 16, the German Football League (DFL) said, making it the first major European league to resume amid the coronavirus epidemic.

The DFL said the season would resume under strict health protocols, with no fans allowed in stadiums and several matches, including the Ruhr valley derby between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04, taking place on the relaunch day.

The German Cup semi-finals will be played on June 9 and 10, with the final scheduled for July 4.

Just 2 days to go !(y)

141 - 160 of 182 Posts