Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Düsseldorf's luck is that Koln and Paderborn are both significantly worse than them, I doubt they can finish below both in the end.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
I think Köln is a threat. Paderborn maybe not. But Düsseldorf without Raman and Lukebakyo is definitely worse than last year. They have been lucky so far that Hennings has scored like never before in his career, but I have my doubts he will score 20 this season...

·
Registered
5,650 Posts

This according to the match referee, the referee team and VAR is not a penalty, worst decision since that handball in the Schalke-Bayern from a free kick that everyone saw besides the referee. Thankfully in both games, Dortmund and Bayern won easily otherwise this would have been a much bigger scandal.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Mainz with an impressive 0-5 away win at Bremen (already 0-4 at halftime) lift themselves way above relegation zone and push both Düsseldorf (who lost at Augsburg) and Bremen below them. This is Bremen's third loss in as many games including their second against potential rival relegation candidates during which they conceeded a total of 12 goals, the most by any team in such a short amount of time in the league this season. Dortmund failed to capitalize on a 2-0 halftime advantage against Leipzig and drew 3-3 in the end. This still leaves them in a solid third position just 1 point behind Mönchengladbach and 4 behind Leipzig with one matchday before the winter break. Elsewhere Hoffenheim won against Union away to climb up to 8th place.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Bremen in big trouble now.

Biggest half time "defeat" in their Bundesliga history. They never trailed by 4 goals after first half ever before.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Give it a few more games and Kohfeldt will be sacked even with his contract extension until 2023. ^^

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
And potentially Mario Gotze in the summer. They want to build a team that will fight for an EL spot next season, provided they don't get get relegated at the end of this season.

Borussia Dortmund sign Norwegian striker Erling Braut Haland from RB Salzburg, he signed a 4 and a half year contract.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
So Gladbach already starts with their expected drop in the second part of the season. Schalke beats them 2-0 yesterday to start the new year.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
It's a dream debut, reminds me of Jojic who came on as a substitute on his debut in 2014 and scored after just 17 seconds. With that being said, Dortmund again show that they have huge problems at the back, they won't be able to count on Haaland everytime to save their asses especially because in football you rarely come back twice from behind at 2-0 and later 3-1.

The winter break did some good to Bremen who won a crucial away game in Düsseldorf and especially Koln who beat Wolfsburg 3-1 to climb out of the relegation zone and in 13nd place for the first time this season.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Friedhelm Funkel got fired in Düsseldorf. Uwe Rösler takes over.

Not sure that was a smart decision (not even because on Sunday after the match the sports director claimed there was no way Funkel would be fired), but it was bound to happen sooner or later, they tried to do it last winter break already. Weird management team over there...

121 - 140 of 182 Posts