Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait for this one. Hopefully Villalta (who got injured again today) will be recovered and play by then.
I think the first leg will be on May 5, Estadio Nacional de Lima. Hopefully I'll be there.

It'd be nice if some Boca fans could join the thread. :)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Actually I cant stand Boca and all the Bocones in the World :yuck: .....but too bad for the peruvians...'cause their 2004 chances to advance will end in these series ... :mute:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
the last time sporting qualified out of their group they played a team that was the current champion of the world

velez sarsfield

that year sporting made it all the way to the final

im not saying we can do it again

but it is a possibility;)

·
Super Moderator
13,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice co-incidences there, right cóndor? I still remember Soto scoring to Chilavert - with what? 5 minutes to go, at Velez stadium - after that pass by Czornomaz. :proud:

Of course, as colocolo has pointed (sort of), it's the hardest draw we could have got. But it'll be a great game to watch live hopefully.

On a different, and sad, note, colocolo; I read today about your team going to bankrupcy again, but the media put it as if it was good news. They were saying that all parties had agreed and stuff like that. I guess you should know better about that, because it sounds strange :confused:...
Could you please tell me about that situation?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
well we lost 3-2

tevez scored first
bonnet and quinteros put us ahead

boca equalized and el mellizo in the 90th gave boca a deserved victory

·
94,319 Posts
colocolo said:
Actually I cant stand Boca and all the Bocones in the World :yuck: .....but too bad for the peruvians...'cause their 2004 chances to advance will end in these series ... :mute:
Sorry in repeating my prediction...the peruvians gave it all they had in Lima....unfortunately Bianchi's team..."El Relojito" was too much to bear...Guille didnt do much all night, but bury Cristal in the dying minutes...I guess is Boca all the way again this edition of the cup..
At any rate I'll root for River as I always have to make it to the Finals ..

;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
against any other second round team yesterdays effort would have been enough for a home win

but hey all is not lost i mean if depor and monaco did it
why cant we?;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
tough match for the peruvian club...Boca perharps the best team in South America..
this game is goin' to be a' one way traffic expect alots of goals from el equipo de la bombonera!!!!!!:D :pp

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
condor111 said:
against any other second round team yesterdays effort would have been enough for a home win

but hey all is not lost i mean if depor and monaco did it
why cant we?;)
Condor, good luck man. I got a question for you, what do you think of Alianza Lima? one of my good friends is from Peru and is a die-hard fan of them. That Farfan kid is pretty good, IMO. Who's the most supported team in Peru, dude?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
jefferson farfan is on great form

he should leave peru by the end of the apertura

in fact theres rumors that sao paulo are interested in farfan and ciurlizza (who has played for botafogo in the past)

the most popular club is universitario followed by alianza and then cristal

in the last poll they had in 2003 la U had more fans

alianza are on fire at the mo leading by 6 points and have beaten their two clasic rivals 5-0 and 1-0

they have the best youth program in peru

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Well, São Paolo could definately use a forward like Farfan to go with Luis Fabiano (who will probably be leaving during the summer to Milan or Barcelona).

Do you live in Peru? I've got alot of Peruvian friends here in Miami, most of them are hardcore footy fans. I don't know many footy fans that know alot about it and are up to date, but I do know 2 Peruvians in my school that are up to date. One is a Universitario and an FC Inter fan and the other is an Alianza and Bayern Munich fan (obviously because of Pizarro)

BTW, that Mendoza guy in your siggy is impressive. Who are your fav Peruvian players? what's the starting eleven for the NT? thanks for your time dude, Peru seems like a very interesting footy country. My home country, Haiti tied you guys in the Gold Cup a couple of years ago. ;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
at the moment i live in new zealand but i usually go back to peru from december to febuary

and try to catch as many games as possible

ive been lucky to catch some libertadores matches before heading back to nz

my fave team is sporting cristal
i cant stand universitario i dont mind alianza they play some nice futbol

my fave peruvian players are
nolberto solano
andres mendoza
roberto palacios
miguel rebosio
flavio maestri
jorge soto
carlos zegarra
leao butron
all cristal players who i have seen live

i like some of the new stars that are coming out like farfan villalta and moisela

i remember you guys drew with us
but we got you back in the last friendly the first game of our current coach autori
where we won 5-1;)

right now the starting 11 is as follows
Ibanes
Soto,Galliquio,Rebosio,Hidalgo
Jayo,Ciurlizza
Solano,Palacios
Mendoza,Pizarro

most people in peru feel the starting lineup should be
Butron
Galliquio, Villalta, Rebosio, Moisela
Ciurlizza,Zegarra
Solano,Garcia
Pizarro,Farfan

·
94,319 Posts
For the TV/USA Fans today .......................

Wed May 12 06:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr 30 min LIVE
FOX Sports en Espanol
Copa Libertadores - Octavos de Final - Vuelta
Boca Juniors (Argentina) vs Sporting Cristal (Peru)

:)

·
94,319 Posts
A very strong Boca, even without Guille Barros-Schelotto..advances to the quarters with a 2-1 vitory over the peruvians at the Bombonera.
As the Cuo advances...Boca looks better and much better everyy time they play.
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts