Xtratime Community banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Fedya_Fussball said:
Had he used his strategy of using Milevsky off the bench, Bielyk would have had a chance to show his stuff and with his European experience would of made more of an impact than Milevsky.
...and now Belik has to return home hoping he can get a starters position at Shakhtar while Milevskiy laps up the Interest from abroad.

Anyway great to see the Ukrainian boys exceed their expectations and i hope they can further improve from this performance.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
First of all, Ukraine can be proud of the team in my opinion.

Secondly, bad luck once again, not that Italy won undeserved, but think about this, the 2-0 was clearly off-side, and scored in a phase Ukraine were clearly the better team and creating huge chances, what if the referee would have been fair and called the goal off?
Also, a ball cleared off the line, header at the bar, just pure luck for the Italians nothing else.
In the last minutes, it didn't care anymore, but Sheva should've had a penalty...

Anyway, let's look forward to Switzerland/Austria 2008, and even more important, Souith-Africa 2010, there's a lot potential in Ukraine!

·
Registered
883 Posts
From Berlin

Ukraine can be very proud indeed.

I have been to all of the 5 matches and am leaving Germany on Wednesday. Apart from the disaster in the first game, Ukraine have been brilliant and it was something really special to be there. The Switzerland game was something I will never forget and the Ukrainian fans were brilliant, and in large numbers during the group stage.

I am not a fan of Blokhin as a guy, but as a coach he has done a great job and so have the players!

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
The atmosphere indeed was just incredible. I think even UNT's players were surprise with the supoprt they got. Remember, Gusin getting on the pitch vs. Spain and continiously starring at the "Ukrainian" sectors before and during the national anthems. I focused my camera and there was some mix of surprise and shock on his face. What we'll also be remembered though is underperforming Sheva. For a player of his caliber, he did very little. It could have been his last chance on this stage. It would be interesting to see how he does in Chelsea.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts