Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According the official barca site, VG is trying to re-schedule the 2nd leg cup tie against Atletico because most of the team will be playing internationals!! :(
It may be impossible to change the date, so there is a possibility that barca will need to field a b team almost.
I hope that this isn't going to be as bad as it seems, and maybe VG can convince the national teams to not call up his players, because they are just friendly matches i think.
So, maybe we'll see a team a bit like this:

Arnau
Puyol Cuadrado Rosa? Bermudo

Xavi
Gabri Mario

Babangida Rivaldo

Rubio

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, i meant:

________________Arnau________________

Puyol___Cuadrado____Rosa?______Bermudo

_______________Xavi__________________
______Gabri_____________Mario________

Babangida_____________________Rivaldo
_______________Rubio_________________

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, Rivaldo will be missing also, so i don't know is Nano back from injury yet?
Maybe we'll see Jofre playing here, i understand he is pretty good, and fast.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Selected for the Dutch squad:
Frank de Boer, Winston Bogarde, Michael Reiziger, Phillip Cocu, Boudewijn Zenden, Patrick Kluivert. Jerrel Hasselbaink is also selected, but he couldn't play anyway because of a suspension. Only Ronald de Boer (injured) and Ruud Hesp are left in Barcelona :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd prefer to see the young guys getting a chance than to have the game boycotted.
Who knows, maybe they can win it for us.

D

·
0 Posts
We'd all like to see the young guys having a go, but this game is absolutely crucial. Players such as Guardiola,Figo, and Rivaldo are essential, to try and beat a deficit of 3 goals.
Dumb Spanish FA, they really should re-schedule, the Treble hangs in the balance.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i know, but my point is, IF they can't reschedule, then it's better surely to give it a try with the youngsters than just to boycott the game, no?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's ok, the game will be played on Monday i think. :)
According to the official barca site match tracker, they said the quarter fianl game will be this monday.

D

·
0 Posts
"They would be without enough players and so a compromise is
appropriate," the RFEF said in a statement.
However, a spokesman for the Catalan club subsequently said
they still reserved the right to pull out of the Cup, and moving
the tie to Monday made little difference to the situation.
"Barcelona could still carry on with the wishes of the coach
if the match is not suspended until the date proposed by us,"
the spokesman added.
Van Gaal had wanted the match moved to May 16 but the RFEF
dismissed that idea on Saturday, saying it was not fair to Real
Madrid and Espanyol, who are contesting the other semifinal.

·
Registered
405 Posts
If the match is going to be played on Monday, I'm afraid that the players will be very tired, 3 matches in a week!!!!!
Why can't they move the match to May 16??? Some players of Real Madrid are also on national duty, so I don't understand why it's unfair to them.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
And it doesn't matter whether the match is played on monday or wednesday. Officially Rijkaard can demand his players to come to Amsterdam on Monday. And he said he would. So the Dutch guys won't be there anyway....

·
Registered
138 Posts
German TV-station ARD reports in its teletext, that FC Barcelona will quit Spanish cup and boycot the game against Atlético despite the Spanish football federation has rescheduled the game for Monday. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
My source (www.vi.nl) says Barça will appeal against this decision, because it doesn't make a difference (the players will be with their national side then already).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts