Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHould have seen it coming, state of the team, no Jeremies, 1-1, Germany need a miracle if they are to have any chance at Euro 2000. "rock-bottom" is what the DBF described it and so it is. As we know, Ballack had to distract the Swiss keeper for Kirsten to equalisie right at the depth. Some may argue the goal simple should not have stood. Why is Lehmann, keeper of very very struggling Borussia even in the German team?, it was all his fault with the Swiss goal. At this stage Germany could experience their worst tournament ever during Euro 2000, a shame to not only the DBF but the whole country, a team that only 10 yrs ago won the World Cup, now can't even beat tiddlywinks.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
What was that cute little try Lehmann pulled? Dropping the ball into his own net was the one report I read. Hmmmm.... and this is the guy who's going around claiming to be so much better than Oliver Kahn? Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Wouldn't want to be a German fan at this point in time.

Damn Germany is struggling!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for your sympathy, EclipsE :)

Well, I've seen almost every German game in the recent years. Most of them were just awful. But the last game against Switzerland was the worst game I've seen ever of a German team!
And the worst thing: Except for Kirsten and Paolo Rink, everybody player showed, that he was playing without any motivation! Where was the great fighting speed, the German team once was proud of? The speed in this game was as high as - let's say - in the third division in Liechtenstein!
OK, you can say, Switzerland did not produce many chances in this game - but: where the hell were the German chances? I guess, Germany had a ball possession of about 70 %, but they were not able to put much pressure on Zuberbühlers goal. The goal, Kirsten scored was clearly irregular!

The only winner of this game was Jens Jeremies! Before this game, Jeremies gave an interview: He said, the German national team did not show a great game for years and he added that he considers the German team being in a miserable state! Ribbeck then banned Jeremies for one game, but now we all know how right Jeremies was!!!

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Sad words my friend. I am Romanian, and we will be meeting each other in Euro2000 on June 12 and hopefully, this makes you feel a LITTLE better :) when I say that I am still scared of the Germans. All my friends say we are going to beat Germany, but I have a feeling they will pull through these horrible times and defend their championship!!!

Good luck in Euro2000 Germany. Hopefully, Deisler will lead you to WC2002 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts