The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selected by us

Nominations Start Today End next week Monday @ 22:00

Each Xtra time member
can select
One Player of each possision + a wild card beach player any poss

Goalie, Defender, Midfielder, Forward, Bench.

so a total of 5 player each

after Monday Ill go through and pick the top one
and well vote for the starting line up
of our 1ª Allstar Team

Sounds good guys

If this goes good we will try the Italian, Spanish and English????

As long as the Play in the 1ª liga they can be nominated

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
What would be the criteria for choosing players? Would it be based soley on player's performances in the Primeira Liga?

Might I also suggest that everyone choose 1 player per position in a normal 4-4-2?? For example, everyone would choose the best right back, left back, attacking mid, right wing, etc.. That way it's a little easier to compare player's performances.

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there would be to many player then
Believe me just 5 players
based on there performence this season so far.

one forward, Midfielder, Defender, Golie and any other player you want to nominate.

if you want right the reason you picked them

And yes I know Midfielders can be defensive or attacking
and so on
but well do it like this now

5 players

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yannick
Jorge Andrade
Ricardo Fernandes
Jardel

Quaresma

(can't I pick one more?;) )

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My nominees are people who played real hard so far this year.
And deserve nomination

For - Darlei U. Leiria

Mid - Drulovic Benfica

Def - Michell Maritimo

Gol - Nelson Maritimo

XTR MID - Ze Manuel Paços Ferreira

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
First off, How can you pick players and call it an All-Star team when you can only name 5 players???? :confused:

Anyhow, it's your thread and I will play by the rules:

GK - Yannick
D - Phil Babb
M - Simao
F - Jardel
Xtra - Derlei

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
mfa said:
Yannick
Jorge Andrade
Ricardo Fernandes
Jardel

Quaresma

(can't I pick one more?;) )
MFA, is Ricardo Fernandes playing that well for Gil?? Hopefully, Boloni will give him a chance next year to make the team. Sporting could a naturally left-footed winger.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
ForçaMadeirense said:
My nominees are people who played real hard so far this year.
And deserve nomination

Mid - Drulovic Benfica

Dude, are you watching the same games the rest of us are???? He has sucked @ss this year. He doesn't even have any business starting for Benfica right now.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Penguin said:
First off, How can you pick players and call it an All-Star team when you can only name 5 players???? :confused:

Anyhow, it's your thread and I will play by the rules:

GK - Yannick
D - Phil Babb
M - Simao
F - Jardel
Xtra - Derlei
Pen you're dead on with these picks. Yannick has been by far the best goalie in Primeira...Babb has been the best player for the best defense in the Primeira. He's been better then Beto and Jorge Andrade imo. Simao right now, is the best Portuguese player playing the game of futebol...bar none! And Jardel...is well Jardel...the guy touches the ball twice against Belenenses and scores two goals.

Honorable mention for Derlei and Mantorras. Mantorras carried Benfica in the first half of the season.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Drulovic?:D

Mebbe in practice he's been spectacular, but I doubt that too!

Jardel is the only guy who touches the ball once and scores three goals.

·
Registered
152 Posts
my top 5

gk: Yannik

d: Jorge Andrade

m: Nuno Capucho

f: Mario Jardel

xtra: Quaresma

wish i could pick an actual starting 11 i would put guys like Simao, Joao Pinto, Clayton, helder postiga but those i guess would be my top 5

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guys we are only nominating at this point if you see that someone picked your picks already you can pick others

So do every one nominate the same people

After we have a larger list we will pick a All Star Starting line from there

OK

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
****ing Explorer! :mad: I'll have to write it all again:mad: and I'm not very creative today :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I had such a nice speech ready to post about him and now I have to find the words all over again...:sigh::depress:
Let me try...;)

Penguin said:

MFA, is Ricardo Fernandes playing that well for Gil?? Hopefully, Boloni will give him a chance next year to make the team. Sporting could a naturally left-footed winger.

Well, I don't remember to see any Gil player being so important and standing out so much in this team.He is by far, the most creative player (that's not very difficult right?:D).He has been in my opinion, the key of this team.I'd say he represents to Gil what good Deco represents for Porto in the field.That's the best way I find to compare him.Smart, good passes, very good vision of the game, a very nice left foot, creative, sometimes he "inventa" a bit and ends up losing the ball, but that's normal.I personally am a fan of his qualities.He has been performing very well:)
For all this, I am sure he won't be around here for long.In my opinion there's a very good chance for him to be called up by Sporting, and if he doesn't make it to the Sporting team, I know he will soon play in a stronger team anyway.And he deserves:)

But oh well, that nice blond hair of his, may as well influence my opinion :D ;) ;) j/k

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Just a bit more of information.

He is the one who scores (well) the free kicks, the corners, the one who often sofre mais faltas and in the 19 games played in this championship so far, he has played as a titular in 18 of them (missed only one and that was due to castigo as he had received 2 yellow cards the game before).Of this 18, he not only started but also finished the game in the field,that is, played the 90 minutes in 12 games.His average of minutes played is 88 "...Has scored 3 goals so far.
My favourite Gil player.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Thanks for the update, MFA! If he is doing so well, I am very surprised then that Oliveira did not bring him up to the Selecção B for Vale de Tejo tournament.

It's good to see he is progressing well. Hopefully, Sporting will give him a chance, unlike some of the other young talent they've let go recently. You could make an all-star just from the talent that Sporting has let go recently:

GK - Costinha (Uniao Leiria)
D: Nuno Valente (Uniao Leiria)
D: Marco Caneira (Benfica)
D: Vasco Faisca (Reggiana (Italy))
M: Alhandra (Porto/Academica)
M: Nuno Assis (Vitoria Guimaraes)
M: Vargas (Alverca)
M: Simao Sabrosa (Benfica)
F: Paulo Costa (Porto)
F: Luis Boa Morte (Fulham)

Out of all those players, only Costinha and Simao played and started for a whole season with Sporting. And with the exception of Boa Morte and Simao, we made a total of 0 money on the rest of those players.

However, we did get Rui Jorge from Porto in exchange for Costinha/Peixe, so it wasn't all bad. Gee, I wonder who made out in that deal??? ;)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Haven't seen many games this season like I would of liked to....but what the heck...

GK - Yannick
D - Jorge Andrade
M - Deco
S - Jardel

XTRA - Niculae

1 - 20 of 22 Posts