Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder what channel is gonna broadcast this game in the usa...i don't think it's gonna be espn2...perhaps espn deportes...or setanta sports...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sep 16, 2008 2:45pm Panathinaikos vs Inter Milan P2P, Sky Sports HD 3, Sky Sports Xtra Live UEFA Champions League

=======================

Sep 16, 2008 5:30pm Panathinaikos vs Inter Milan Setanta Sports Canada, Setanta Sports USA Delayed UEFA Champions League

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
Our first ever meeting with Panathinaikos.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
lets tear em a new one lol

ok seriously

a draw will b satsfactory cos its an away game in the c. l. against competent opponents. the truth is anything like a win wud b a bonus

we'll see though

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are they good?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
TBH our group is a joke. If Inter seriously lose to anyone then I have a lot of doubts on how far they will progress.

I am sure we can win, I don't want to see another Fenerbahche type loss. But Fener are better than Panathaniokos

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Not so sure about that. PAO have a better and deeper midfield than Fener and also better GKing. Fener's strikers, however, are much better than theirs. I cant comment on the Defence.

·
Registered
47,701 Posts
Not so sure about that. PAO have a better and deeper midfield than Fener and also better GKing. Fener's strikers, however, are much better than theirs. I cant comment on the Defence.
Can you describe PAO's best players? You obviously don't need to mention Karagounis since we know him quite well. ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
After the draw against Sampdoria, I'm convinced that we might be heading into the slow start syndrome, but better a slow start than a "slow" finish, in the champions league that is.

Still looking for a win of course, but whatever the result, we'll make it through the group stages without too much trouble.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
It would be our fourth competitive match of the season, we should be in reasonably good shape. The Catania match should be a good indicator for our current level.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Well Adriano is due back against Catania, so we should have greater attacking options when it comes to this trip.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
U people talk like u dont kow INTER....anything is possible with this club. Any SH!T can happen

we dont even know how this team will react against teams they consider minnows

Lets hope for the best but let me say this....this is exactly the kind of game INTER bungled when they were not under pressure since 1990

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
It's common knowledge that playing in Greece is never easy, and they have a couple of experienced, hard working central midfielders in the shape of Kara :proud: and Gilberto Silva.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Can you describe PAO's best players? You obviously don't need to mention Karagounis since we know him quite well. ;)
I cant really pick a best, but, like i said, they have some nice depth in mid.

RM: Ninis, Christodoulopoulos, Cleyton
LM: Karagounis, Ivanschitz
CM/DM: Gilberto Silva, Mattos, Tziolis, Simao (Not Sabrosa!)

Also Ten Cate has been using players like Moon and Salpigidis in mid. Its really hard to predict how they will line up. Every player i mentioned is very good. However keep an eye on Ninis. I'm sure you must have heard of him, 19 year old superstar.

1 problem though is that PAO's CBs are ass, and I mean really bad. HTC has been playing Vyntra and Sarriegi exclusively so expect to see them.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it's CL now, baby...

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
CL starting again.. i'm so thrilled :D

Theres a new ch in here letting me watch whichever game I want from all the bunch, guess which one is it :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I Expect a win in this match, Though knowing Inter's form in the CL in the past few years, i think we might come out with a draw.

Fener may be a better Overall team and a team which cause more threat in the attacking positions. But on the other hand Panathinaikos are have better depth in midfield (as pointed before) with the likes of Gilberto,Karagounis, Ivanschitz and Ninis.

A thing that shouldn't be ignored is there defense led by Mikael Nilsson (Swedish International) and Goumas (Greek International).

Their Keeper is Mario Galinovic (Croat International), he has some CL experience.

Their Forwards are led by Salpigidis, who is the club's captain. His skills should not be ignored as he can be dangerous.

The Player i fear most is Cleyton who was AEL's Goalscorer in the uefa cup last year, scoring goals against the likes of Everton and Blackburn

My Prediction: 2-1 Inter or 0-0 Bore Draw

·
Registered
66,328 Posts
I'd be content with a draw personally, but a win would really boost our chances and make our lives easier in the games to follow.

Forza Inter.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Who's Milan playing this week?

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.