Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FRom BBC

West Brom 2-0 Leicester
Leicester sealed their own fate as Darren Kenton scored an own goal and Patrick Kisnorbo conceded a penalty.

The match at West Brom seemed destined to end goalless as Foxes keeper Paul Henderson kept the predatory John Hartson and Kevin Phillips at bay.

At the other end, Matty Fryatt and Josh Low failed to convert their chances.

But in the 82nd minute Kenton headed home Nigel Quashie's cross before Phillips converted the penalty after he was brought down by Kisnorbo.

#
West Brom manager Bryan Robson:
"Jason (Koumas) is back as an Albion player - he can pass the ball well, he's got great vision. I thought the lads played well and passed well.

"If you don't get an early goal against teams who don't come out of defence you have to show patience, even when the crowd want you to bang the ball into the box."

#
Leicester manager Rob Kelly:
"I'm disappointed for the players because of what they gave for the first 83 minutes.

"We were comfortable at that stage and were holding a team I think will finish inside the top six.

"It's difficult to take positives from a game you lose 2-0. But the games come thick and fast in this division and you don't have any time to sulk."

West Brom: Zuberbuhler, Albrechtsen, McShane, Perry, Robinson, Greening (Koumas 69), Quashie (Chaplow 86), Wallwork, Carter, Phillips, Hartson (Ellington 69).
Subs Not Used: Hoult, Gera.

Booked: McShane.

Goals: Kenton 83 og, Phillips 86 pen.

Leicester: Henderson, Kenton, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Johansson, Low (Stearman 61), Johnson, Hughes, Porter (Wesolowski 78), O'Grady, Fryatt (Hume 66).
Subs Not Used: Logan, McAuley.

Att: 19,322

Ref: M Atkinson (W Yorkshire).

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Much to my surprise Carter had a very good game and was twice denied a goal by the woodwork.

Greening sounded like he didn't pull his weight, and was replaced by Koumas. JK got a 60% positive reaction, a few boos could be heard ringing out. Or that could have been for Greenings bad performances.? Hard to tell ;)

Biggest omission was Gera, although think he might be carrying a slight knock.

Hartson was pretty poor, it wasn;t until Elligton and Phillips were playing together did we start looking class.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Good win :thumbsup:

Still tihnk you will win the league, Cardiff won't last the pace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts