Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 453 Posts

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems pretty certain Roman is reopening the chequebook this summer and doing it in style. Following the dream of turning them into some kind of all out attack dream team. He's got the trophies, now he wants the chavlacticos. What'll happen?

Imo, there are a few players who should not be sold under any circumstances, those being Michael Essien, Ricardo Carvalho, Petr Cech, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole and John Obi-Mikel.

Also I'm pretty sure you'll keep Michael Ballack, Claude Makelele, Paulo Ferreira, Branislav Ivanovic, Nicolas Anelka, Salomon Kalou, Hilario and Alex for next season.

If you can, you'll keep (but probably won't) Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, Wayne Bridge and Carlo Cudicini.

Surplus to requirements, I would say are Andrei Shevchenko, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Florent Malouda, Tal Ben Haim, Belletti, Claudio Pizarro and Steve Sidwell.

Now, given that you'll have a huge warchest anyway, and given that the sales of SWP, Malouda, Drogba, Lampard and Bridge would be worth many, many millions between them, it'll be interesting to see who comes in.

Media bollocks today about Messi, Kaka, Aguero and Ribery as four names to start with. I'll also say the names of Villa, Alves, Quaresma, Modric, Van Der Vaart, Diego, Benzema, Gomez, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Berbatov and others will be heavily linked to the Bridge in the coming weeks.

Who's realistic, and who would you like?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
First of all I would want to keep Lampard, Bridge and Carlo if we can.
Sell Sheva, SWP, Ben-Haim, Ferreira, Claudio Pizarro and Steve Sidwell.
I'd give Malouda another season

Then I want Daniel Alaves for the right back
Ricardo Quaresma or Joaquin for the rigth wing(J.Cole also plays there).
Modric, Nasri or Diego to play in the hole if Lampard leaves; if he stays then just buy Modric because Ballack and Lampard arent exactly young.
And as a forward either Berbatov, Aguerro, Villa or Benzema

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
First of all I would want to keep Lampard, Bridge and Carlo if we can.
Sell Sheva, SWP, Ben-Haim, Ferreira, Claudio Pizarro and Steve Sidwell.
I'd give Malouda another season

Then I want Daniel Alaves for the right back
Ricardo Quaresma or Joaquin for the rigth wing(J.Cole also plays there).
Modric, Nasri or Diego to play in the hole if Lampard leaves; if he stays then just buy Modric because Ballack and Lampard arent exactly young.
And as a forward either Berbatov, Aguerro, Villa or Benzema
:thmbup:

·
THE
14,230 Posts
Funny is, that the biggest names on market are ours (Drogba, Lamps) You can' realistically expect that Kaka or Messi are on sale?

and once again I say that there isn't anybody out there to buy. Sure, we could put all 100 m on berbatov. And swap Carlo for Lehmann?

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kaka I think is a possibility if Milan don't qualify for the CL. Real would be all over him, though.

And it's a good summer for youngish players ready to make the step up to be stars on big teams, I think.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,915 Posts
Kaka I think is a possibility if Milan don't qualify for the CL. Real would be all over him, though.

And it's a good summer for youngish players ready to make the step up to be stars on big teams, I think.
It would take a ridiculous offer for Milan to sell Kaka...probably no less than 75 million pounds, maybe more. He's happy at Milan anyway, this one season of no CL won't break him

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I didn't say it would be cheap. ;)

And yeah, it's unlikely, but I never thought you'd sell Sheva...

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Sheva was a completely different case. His peak had virtually just passed, plus he wasnt happy. Kaka is, and I dont think one season without CL football is what he'd base his decision on.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I only said it was a possibility, rather than a probability, so I'm not going to get into a debate on it.

·
Registered
17,514 Posts
i think its all rubbish, the management that hardly paid a dime in the summer and went for sidwell, pizzaro and ben haim on the free wont follow it up with £100m.......

i think definitly out looks like SWP, Shevy, Pizarro, Ben Haim....

Out if Grant stays as coach and Jose joins another big team - Drogba, Essien, Carvalho, Lampard possibly if barcelona....

if scenario 2 happens and grant stays then the club will need to replace the exodus of players who will leave so at least 6 signings, at least....

personally am happy with our defence, striker we need 1 to replace shevy, midfield we need 2 to replace SWP and sidwell, goalkeeper 1 to replace carlo...so 4 out 4 in...

·
Registered
122 Posts
i think its all rubbish, the management that hardly paid a dime in the summer and went for sidwell, pizzaro and ben haim on the free wont follow it up with £100m.......

i think definitly out looks like SWP, Shevy, Pizarro, Ben Haim....

Out if Grant stays as coach and Jose joins another big team - Drogba, Essien, Carvalho, Lampard possibly if barcelona....

if scenario 2 happens and grant stays then the club will need to replace the exodus of players who will leave so at least 6 signings, at least....

personally am happy with our defence, striker we need 1 to replace shevy, midfield we need 2 to replace SWP and sidwell, goalkeeper 1 to replace carlo...so 4 out 4 in...
Total of 9 posts in this thread, please note that the only one that talks shit about Grant is the one posted by the RACIST KHALID

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I think Chelsea need to get suitable players for the side from mid-table sides or places like France and Germany rather than get galacticos. They can become a star attacking team with the right players. Sheva and Ballack showed buying players just for their star value doesn't mean you'll play like galacticos. I think Chelsea could be good with something like this:

-------------Cech
Alves----Carvalho--Terry---Cole
---------Essien---Lampard
Ben Arfa----Diego-----Joe Cole
------------Drogba

Cost:
Alves - 25m
Diego - 15m
Ben Arfa - 10m

Thats only 50m :D

Also maybe an out and out winger like Joaquin would help for variety.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Isnt Ben Arfa a left winger :pp
Besides I can't see Drogba sticking it our with us; we will need a striker.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
90% sure Drogba and Lampard will leave, though.

If I was a billionaire with money to throw at making them a super team.

-----------------------Cech-----------------------
Alves-------Carvalho----------Terry----------Cole
---------------------Essien------------------------
Cole----------------Diego---------------Quaresma
------------Aguero--------Villa---------------------

Cost - A lot.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
David Villa has already said Arsenal are his favourite team, and if not then Liverpool or Man Utd. Chelsea is last on his list. Yeah, money talks, but he isn't going to go there unless he can't sign for the other top three clubs in England - highly unlikely signing. Karim Benzema is Madrid or Barca bound in summer 2009, he's already stated his desire to play in Spain. Diego is also unrealistic to a degree as he has also stated a preference for Spain or Italy. 99% he's Madrid bound anyway - unless Kaka wants out of Milan which I doubt.

Sergio Aguero doesn't want to leave, but if Chelsea make Atletico an offer they can't refuse then I can see him moving to London. Quaresma is another option, as is Dani Alves (unless Barca or Madrid outbid). So I'd say those three could be on their way to Chelsea this summer.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Alot depends on who is at the helm; if Lippi; Hiddink or Scolari come then we have a realistic chance of luring any of the mentioned players.

About Villa; Arsenal might be his favorite team in England-but there is a 0.01% chance Wenger will ever buy him. Man United allready have enough midgets in their forward line. And if he prefers Liverpool to us; then booh ****ing hoo.

Anyhow Gomez is another name to add to the list of strikers; if the other options fall through.
Personally I would like Berbatov but only if him and Anelka play toghether-and we drop a midfielder.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think Villa can probably go somewhere else this summer. I'm sure Barça and Madrid would happy to have him, but Valencia would only sell him abroad (not because they want, but because Villa will probably want to make an upgrade in his career at this point).

Rob mentioned Agüero. Knowing how Atletico works lately, I don't think they will sell him, especially, if they finally reach the CL, which is a realitic goal at this point. Atletico made an effort for Torres, because the guy had been loyal to them for so many years, dark years, that they thought that they owed him something. But Atletico have money and they want to be big and they'll do anything in his hands to keep their flag player. I'm 99% sure that Agüero will stay in Atletico and, if it's a matter of money, they'll offer him whatever to stay.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Well Aguero's realse clause is 50 million euro from what I know. If we seriously wanted him we could easily meet that. Besides I think 25 million pounds would get us most strikers on the list

1 - 20 of 453 Posts