Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 609 Posts

·
소원을 말해봐
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like we're going to have to settle for 2nd or 3rd spot this season. Doesn't look like we're going to catch manchester united because it all depended on pool winning and us taking 3 points at stamford (and then us over taking man utd by winning at Old Trafford). But its gone the other way. If we think optimistically we are 1 or 2 steps better than last season. But our performance in the last 5 games have been absolutely appauling. DDDDL, huge let down for this season.

What i think we need to improve on is the following.

New Winger for christ sakes
Rosicky gets injured way too much and is out pretty much 60% of the season. Eboue cant step up to his game to help us win, the only thing he offers is a yellow card every game. Hopefully we'll be looking for a talented proven winger and a young winger. We cant continue playing diaby on the RW and shifting Hleb all over the field. Its just not going to win us games imo.

Securing Flamini
he is a key player, if we lose him next season I think we'll be really screwed in the DMF position. Gilberto needs to go since he has offered absolutely nothing for us this season.

Adebayor get your game on.
he showed us what he can do in front of goal. Lately he's been jack-crap. god knows why. He needs to get his game on for next season and be one of our top scorers again.

Bendtner and Walcott

They are good impact players but really need to step up to their game. Bendtner has shown great qualities in most games when he's came on in the last 10mins or so. But he needs to be more consistent. Theo is a hit and miss player, he can either play really well (slavia prague 7-0, birmingham 2-2, ac milan 2-0) or he can play really bad and not offer anything for the side. I dont know what we can do here, maybe just give them both more game time. I cant really see us getting a new striker because we already have Ade, rvp, eddy (but he's gone for a long time. poor guy), bendtner, theo and possibly Vela coming from spain.

Thats all thats on my mind for next season. I dont really know what else we could do to improve our side for next season. What i fear is leaving expensive players on the bench who we just signed. But it gives us depth in our side, but then again it can turn out like the diarra incident where we bought him and kept him for 6months to see him go to pompey. Pretty much wasting our time and money.

What are your thoughts guys/gals?
please, no trollers.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Nahtino, if we buy a world class CB, there is no point if he's just going to be cover.

I honestly wouldn't mind getting Thuram from Barca because of experience and is still decent.

Is Vincent Kompany on the market?

VdV wants to leave Hamburg, if Wenger is going to spend this could be an option, or Diego, Quaresma could be an option too if Wenger spends.

I can now see what you all see in Eboue after last night. He needs to go. Along with Gilberto and Jens. A better keeper might be useful as well.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with onree, that we really need a new LB to backup Clichy. Clichy will still be our no.1, but we really need someone to back him up, traore is still young but has many years head of him imo. also a RB wouldn't hurt either because right now it looks like we got no one to back up Sagna when he gets injured. Hoyte anyone?

hopefully we can get a decent winger as cruyff14 said, VDV would be a good buy, he's all class and would fit well into our side imo.

CB's wise, we need someone who is decent who is willing to sit on the bench lol. senderos is more of a miss than a hit. djourou i have no comments for since he barely played this season.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
It doesn't have to be five or six world class signings. A few solid, seasoned campaigners who'll add something to the team - we don't need Nesta in defence, but someone like a Gael Givet (who can play both fullback and centre-back) wouldn't go astray.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Hopefully Vela comes back and is a starter, it'd be quite useful.

I say go for a world class winger, or someone very good, on Rosickys level or higher, it'd be fantastic.

And if Flamini goes, get a very good DM to replace him, I like Estean Cambiasso.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
whats the bet that Wenger wont sign anyone?

all im going to say as long as our rivals can afford to have the likes of Nani-Tevez-Hargreaves on the bench and still win we are in big trouble and also chelsea who have Alex-Anelka-Sheva-SWP on their bench while we have sendo-diaby-walcott.... thats pathetic and cannot be compared i still cannot believe how we managed to compete at all with no depth..

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
There really is no point in a thread like this because none of our minds work like that of Arsene Wenger. People have been saying "Oh, we need two wingers, a centre-back a CM AND a striker" and going on about "experienced players" for the last two years.

I will agree for sure that we need a winger and I have said this since last summer, but there's no point speculating on certain targets (e.g. Modric) because we all know Wenger will buy someone completely unexpected, if he buys anyone at all.

·
Registered
34,823 Posts
i know that arsenal are good in finding new unkown talents. Considering this policy, i cant really see you go for Berbatov for example.

On the other hand Mancs knew they needed to improve and brought in Tevez and Anderson (+some others). In Anderson case you could say it was a bit of a surprise but now his regular for them, Tevez on the other hand, one of the hottest prospects (still quite young) and had played in epl.

Just dont think you will buy someone whos BIG already.

oh btw, we can give you Molinaro for LB cover :tongue: and his not Big, yet :tongue: :flirt:

·
Pepe the Beast
4,498 Posts
VDV?

I mean I love the guy but he is getting injured all the time too. Last thing we need is another injury prone player.

Honestly Quaresma would be perfect. He could be our answer to C.Ronaldo if Wenger developes him correctly. Would score many goals and would provide us our width.

Also anyone who doesn't think we need a new forward isn't thinking logically. RVP is injured atleast 25% of the season usually, Adebayor is only good 25% of the season, Eduardo will not be playing GOOD for atleast another full year probably considering his injury and the fact that he never actually settled in in the first place. Bendter we should give another full year, while Walcott we should really loan out considering how dissapointing he has been despite having already been here for over two years. The only reason I am not saying sell him is because he is so young and he still has a few more years before you can completely rule him out of becoming great.

I don't think we need a Benzema or something though. We just need a Luis Fabiano, Huntleear, etc... Someone who is already very good in their league but is questionable as to whether they can do it in the prem. That way they shouldn't mind being benched for Ade or whoever if they are playing crap. Atleast thats how it would work out in the ideal world.:jester:

I say keep Eboue for RB back-up and get a LB and possibly CB back-up.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
oh and btw i would get Dean Ashton and RvP to play upfront together and get rid of Crapdebayor.

1 - 20 of 609 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.