Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
next week's game against lazio is probably the toughest match remaining...based on the standings, cagliari is also hard...and it's an away game...

===============

34 Sat, May 2 2009
20:30
Inter - Lazio

-
35 Sun, May 10 2009
15:00
Chievo - Inter
-
36 Sun, May 17 2009
20:30
Inter - Siena
-
37 Sun, May 24 2009
Cagliari - Inter
-
38 Sun, May 31 2009
Inter - Atalanta

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
take a look at milan's remaining games...4 of them are tough...they are not going to win all 5 games...so i still think we are on the driving seat...they have more difficult games remaining than us...we just need to take care of our business...we are fine...

=============

Sun. 3 9:00 ET Catania v AC Milan
Sun. 10 9:00 ET AC Milan v Juventus
Sun. 17 9:00 ET Udinese v AC Milan
Sun. 24 9:00 ET AC Milan v AS Roma
Sun. 31 9:00 ET Fiorentina v AC Milan

·
Registered
59,826 Posts
Hopefully we win and then Zenga does us a little favor the next day, I want this thing done soon.

We've had better results against Lazio recently, here's to that continuing.

Forza Inter.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
updated table (through week 33)

============

Pts P W D L F
Inter 74 33 22 8 3
Milan 67 33 20 7 6
Juventus 65 33 19 8 6

·
Registered
59,826 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's a big blow...we need them...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
The way this game will develop itself (since the final outcome seems pretty much a win for Inter, evry other result would be quite amazing) depends most on how Lazio players behave on Saturday night. If that morning they wake up with a mere will to go to San Siro to enjoy just a pleasant stroll on the green (?) grass of the Meazza stadium and show the same "fighting spirit" they had against, say, Chievo or Atalanta, then it is enough for José Mourinho to field the (very good) Inter Primavera to have a good chance to beat THAT Lazio.
If Lazio players will be in a good mood to play and give Inter a run for their money, as they did against, say, Genoa or Juventus, then the Italian Champions will have some difficulties in getting a win.

[mode off topic rant: on]
With more or less the same players, Lazio have got this rollercoasting kind of results for almost two years now, and to blame it on Delio Rossi is somewhat wrong, in my opinion. These players have shown to be able to play at the same level (if not better) with teams who are currently fighting for a place in the preliminary round of the next Champions Cup. Is it just a mere accident that they have got a series of good results just after Lotito threatened to hit their pockets? Or is it just an accident that they play without any fighting spirit evry time there are rumours about Rossi staying put? We may debate on Rossi’s being late in discovering the virtues of 4-4-2, we may debate about the surprising (euphemism) choice of players he sometimes (most of the times?) do, but Delio's biggest fault is that he is not able to treat those unprofessional players like they deserve evry time they show a complete lack of will to do what they are paid for. That's a big fault, in my opinion, but players' one is even bigger. I would really like to see Mourinho or any other coach with a strong personality dealing with Lazio players, that would be quite entertaining...
[mode off topic rant: off]

·
Registered
23,851 Posts
I guess we'll have to promote Destro or Napoli then. A Zlatan who bottles it on purpose is still better than Cruz or Crespo.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
lol very true very true

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
take a look at milan's remaining games...4 of them are tough...they are not going to win all 5 games...so i still think we are on the driving seat...they have more difficult games remaining than us...we just need to take care of our business...we are fine...

=============

Sun. 3 9:00 ET Catania v AC Milan
Sun. 10 9:00 ET AC Milan v Juventus
Sun. 17 9:00 ET Udinese v AC Milan
Sun. 24 9:00 ET AC Milan v AS Roma
Sun. 31 9:00 ET Fiorentina v AC Milan
Zenga will do us a favour just like last year he made sure of things :hopeful:
Juve will bend over backwards to let Milan win
Udinese havent got anything to play for really so not much resistance
Roma and Fiorentina will hopefully still be sorting out their CL battle

Inter - Scudetto No 17 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
who should we play then? cruz, crespo?? they both totally lost it.. i know he has been looking bad the last games, but still, at least having him on the pitch means there will be 2,3 men on him, open up spaces to other players.. and as Nacka said, how bad he may be, hes still better than Cruz, Crespo.. seems like u want Inter to lose the scudetto.
and ive noticed that, even though u may be right sometimes in what u say, most of your posts ure being so negative...

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Not that there is much arguing with swedes over Zlatan, since you are all more fans of Zlatan than of Inter, but ill give it a shot anyways.

I disagree with that.

With Cruz and Crespo the team will be forced to actually think on their own and have some kinda teamplay.

With Zlatan, the team needs to play for him, but if he isnt interested and doesnt show up, then our entire (what little we have) offensive game is ruined.

This has always been the big issue with Zlatan, he is not a teamplayer, he needs the team to evolve around him. Then when he has a bad day, or isnt interested or whatever, then he hurts our game much more than any other player possible could, because our entire game goes through him.

All we seem to be able to do is hoofing bad crosses into the box anyways, might as well play some strikers who actually knows how to score with their heads and not pull of similar atrocious headers like Zlatan at OT.

Bench the moggi lover, he is going to leave anyways. And dont invite him to the scudetto party.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Unfortunately barring the don't play him/invite him aspect, I agree with all of Roby M's words

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i agree that ibra isn't a team player...we rely on him too much...maybe it's really time to let him go and we get a couple great players to really play like a 'team'...

1 - 20 of 167 Posts