Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't think parma will lose to ancona...lazio should be able to beat reggina...so we have to take care of our business and win our game...lecce just beat juventus today...so we can't underestimate them...

forza INTER!!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Carson35 said:
i don't think parma will lose to ancona...lazio should be able to beat reggina...so we have to take care of our business and win our game...lecce just beat juventus today...so we can't underestimate them...

forza INTER!!!
Is Toldo back? Why wasn't he called up?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TOLDO: "IT WILL BE A BATTLE IN LECCE"
Monday, 26 April 2004 08:32:01
MILAN - After Sunday's 0-0 draw at home to Lazio , Francesco Toldo congratulated understudy Alberto Fontana and the Nerazzurri on their compact performance.

"This draw isn't good for either side, but I think Inter played good football," said the Inter number one. "At times we played too many long balls to the forwards, but the Lazio defence was very solid. We can be satisfied with our game."

Next weekend Inter play away to Lecce, who beat Juventus 4-3 on Sunday to virtually assure themselves of Serie A football next season. Toldo remarked: "Their victory in Turin only interests us relatively. In fact, Lecce are almost safe, but it will still be a battle. It's always like this on certain pitches, and especially in the final phase of the season."

inter.it

·
Registered
57,838 Posts
Last night i watched the Highlights of Juve-Lecce. The 4 goals that Lecce scored gave me the impression that Juve sold the game to them. The first 2 goals were from mistakes by Buffon. The 3rd :howler: :howler: :howler: Konan toys with 2 defenders and scores. That goal is pretty comical but is full of footballing brilliance. The 4th, Chevanton puts the ball in-between the legs of Tudor :D and scores.

Now, Chevanton as we all know is their main danger man. I Didn't see much of Lecce this season but seeing how he made a fool out of Nesta, i'd have to be full of fear.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where i can download those goals>??

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ADRIANO: "THREE MATCHES TO WIN"
Tuesday, 27 April 2004 15:39:35
APPIANO GENTILE - Diagnosed with a right-leg muscle strain after Sunday's draw at home to Lazio , Adriano Leite Ribeiro was unable to travel with the Brazil squad to Budapest, where the world champions take on Hungary on Wednesday. After a check-up performed by the Nerazzurri medical staff, the Brazilian forward is back in training at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre.

"The problem to my right leg isn't that serious," explained Adriano to Inter Channel. "I haven't gone with the national team because I needed to make the best possible recovery from the muscle strain. I'll need to do a bit of specific work over the next few days. For next Sunday's game in Lecce I believe and hope I will be at the service of the coach. I'll try and recover as soon as possible because the team needs me. We have three matches left to play and I really want to make my contribution to winning them."

The Giallorossi from Apulia will be fired up for the clash at the Via del Mare stadium. And Adriano is aware of the dangers. "We know it will be a very difficult game," he continued. "Lecce are playing well and are in good form. They're creating problems for all the big clubs they play against. We'll have to be calm and concentrated, and we'll have to show all our desire to get three points so we can continue on our path towards fourth place in the championship."

The following weekend it's Parma at the Giuseppe Meazza, a side Adriano knows well. "It's a great satisfaction to play against my former team at the San Siro. I really want to face them, play a great game and win for Inter."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LECCE V INTER: DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
Wednesday, 28 April 2004 12:25:17
MILAN - Disciplinary situation for Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 32 match between Lecce and Inter:

U.S. LECCE:
Suspended: -
Cautioned: Sicignano, Silvestri, Stovini, Bolano

F.C. INTERNAZIONALE :
Suspended: Farinos
Cautioned: Almeyda, Stankovic, Vieri, Cordoba, Pasquale

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Serie A Week 32 - 2/5/04 (15.00)
Lecce-Inter

Stadio Via Del Mare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter’s bid for fourth place remains in the balance as they travel to face giant-killers Lecce. The Southerners are certainly on a high after their historic 4-3 victory at Juventus, a result all the more humiliating considering that at one stage they were 4-1 up in Turin.

Much has already been said of Javier Ernesto Chevanton, but it was Ivory Coast teenager Axel Cedric Konan who grabbed the headlines with a spectacular brace. Both these forwards have been linked with Milan, so they will be particularly eager to make their mark against archrivals Inter.

Alberto Zaccheroni has been put under increasing pressure to field Adriano and Christian Vieri upfront, but the experiment did not work well in the 0-0 draw with Lazio. It now remains to be seen whether the Coach will stick with this tactic – one that has never seen a victory – or reintroduce the pacey Obafemi Martins from the start.

Changes are forced in midfield with Francisco Farinos suspended and Dejan Stankovic, Giorgios Karagounis, Alvaro Recoba and Matias Almeyda all major injury doubts, so Turkish international Emre Belozoglu is expected to make a rare start. Francesco Toldo and Cristiano Zanetti are also back from injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecce (probable): Sicignano; Siviglia, Bovo, Stovini, Tonetto; Cassetti, Bolano, Ledesma, Franceschini; Konan, Chevanton

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Materazzi, Cannavaro, Helveg; J Zanetti, C Zanetti, Kily Gonzalez; Emre; Adriano, Vieri

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It is pretty obvious that Inter has harder matches than Parma and Lazio. This is a real danger match. Lecce played well against Juventus. Lippi fielded an all attacking lineup and the match went really wrong for them. I am not sure whether the match was fixed but Konan's goals were quite spectacular and rather special but Cheva will be the man that will cause us most difficulties. It is do or die for Inter in these last three matches. If our black and blue boys can not get motivated to help win the club a place in next season's Champions League then they do not deserve 4th place.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lecce, Rossi: Inter Doesn't Scare Us
Lecce - Inter | Latest News | Totolotto Feed | News Archive

04/27/2004. Lecce manager Delio Rossi is confident that his team will beat Inter on Sunday.

"We won against Juventus last week 4-3 in Torino and nobody expected that to happen," he said. "We haven't avoided relegation yet and we have to win the last three games".

"Now we are concentrated on Inter and we want a victory against the nerazzurri in front of our fans," he added. "The game with Juventus was a boost of confidence for us and we aren't scared of anything".

SA Italy

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ROSETTI TO REFEREE LECCE V INTER
Friday, 30 April 2004 12:00:04
MILAN - Roberto Rosetti will take charge of Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 32 match between Lecce and Inter. Rosetti, who refereed Inter's matches away to AC Milan and at home to Roma this season, will be assisted by linesmen Contini and Papi, and by fourth man Carlucci.

Week 32 fixtures & referees:

Chievo v Modena: Antonio Dattilo
Empoli v Bologna : Daniele Tombolini
Lazio v Reggina: Cosimo Bolognino
Lecce v Inter: Roberto Rosetti
AC Milan v Roma: Domenico Messina
Parma v Ancona: Paolo Dondarini
Perugia v Juventus: Tiziano Pieri
Sampdoria v Udinese: Luca Palanca
Siena v Brescia: Stefano Farina

inter.it

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Gazzetta Probs : 3412

1 Toldo
2 Cordoba 23 Materazzi 13 Cannavaro
13 Helveg 4 J. Zanetti 6 C.Zanetti 18 Kily Gonzalez
5 Emre
10 Adriano 32 Vieri

A disposizione
12 Fontana 8 Lamouchi 26 Pasquale 3 Kallon 9 Cruz 15 Adani 30Martins

Indisponibili
Coco, Almeyda, Karagounis, Recoba, Stankovic

Squalificati
Farinos
--------------------------------------
Helveg again, where's Okan. Kallon, Cruz, Martins all strikers on bench:eek: anyway its probs only. Hope Kallon gets to play.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
BTW You guys really got cool Avatars these days.... yours too Nera4life

·
Registered
655 Posts
LECCE V INTER: 22 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Saturday, 01 May 2004 16:16:01
MILAN - Alberto Zaccheroni has named a 22-man squad for Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 32 match away to Lecce:

Goalkeepers: Alex Cordax (71), Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24), Thomas Helveg (13), Marco Materazzi (23)

Midfielders: Fabrizio Biava (29), Emre Belozoglu (5), Giorgos Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Okan Buruk (22), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Mohamed Kallon (3), Obafemi Martins (30), Christian Vieri (32)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zac learns from Juve Sunday 2 May, 2004

Alberto Zaccheroni believes that Juve’s shock defeat to little Lecce ensures his Inter side won’t make the same mistakes.

“We are fully concentrated,” assured the Nerazzurri boss ahead of their trip to the Stadio Via del Mare. “Our characteristics are different to those of Juventus, but we must respect the overall quality of Lecce’s squad.”

Visiting the Salento side has been a real struggle for many of the big teams this season, as Milan and Juventus have already been held to 1-1 draws here.

“There are three games left and every point will be crucial for us in the race for fourth place. If you make a mistake now, there is no time to recover from it.”

Of the three battlers for that Champions’ League spot, it could be argued that Inter have the toughest calendar with games against Lecce, fellow chasers Parma and away to Empoli.

There are a series of injury worries in the Nerazzurri camp, as although Francesco Toldo is back in the fray, Matias Almeyda and Cristiano Zanetti are injured and Francisco Farinos suspended.

“Dejan Stankovic has recovered from a fitness problem and will play. He is in love with football and his performance against Lazio last week earned him many new fans.”

Zaccheroni is again under pressure to field Adriano and Christian Vieri together, despite the fact this partnership has never won a game.

“These two players both prefer crosses from the by-line,” explained Zac, “so we need to get more crosses in.”

Meanwhile, Nigerian starlet Obafemi Martins has been named Young African Player of the Year.

Inter squad:

Gk: Alex Cordaz (71), Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

D: Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24), Thomas Helveg (13), Marco Materazzi (23)

M: Fabrizio Biava (29), Emre Belozoglu (5), Giorgos Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Okan Buruk (22), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

F: Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Mohamed Kallon (3), Obafemi Martins (30), Christian Vieri (32)

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EMRE: "A DECISIVE MATCH IN LECCE"
Saturday, 01 May 2004 14:48:18
APPIANO GENTILE - After this morning's training session and lunch, the Nerazzurri called up to Alberto Zaccheroni's squad for the Lecce trip are resting at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre. Before going to his room, Emre Belozoglu spoke to Inter Channel.

"Tomorrow's match is fundamental for us to reach the objective we all want, which is qualification for next season's Champions League," said the Turk. "We're not expecting it to be an easy match. Lecce are in good form and are chasing their goal of staying up, which always motivates teams in the final phase of the season. We must respect our opponent but not be afraid. We must be aware of the difficulties we'll face, but without forgetting that we must get the three points."

Emre, do you fear Parma or Lazio more in the race for fourth?
"We have a one-point advantage and we mustn't make calculations, which are useless when there are so few matches to go until the end of the championship. But I'm convinced that a win in Lecce will help us face Parma in Milan with more serenity."

It might seem like a banal question, but how are you now?
"I'm well at last. In the last few weeks I've managed to train without feeling any pain. This hasn't happened for thirteen months and for me to work and be useful to the team without feeling pain is what I'm really happy about. My condition is also improving, so I hope I can make a significant contribution in these last three matches of the season."

==========

COCO: "I'M MAKING GOOD PROGRESS"
Saturday, 01 May 2004 15:26:49
APPIANO GENTILE - After two weeks' intensive training with Inter trainer Giannicola Bisciotti in Lerici, Francesco Coco was back with the squad for part of Saturday's session. The Nerazzurri wing-back, who underwent foraminotomy surgery last 26 November to definitively resolve the back problems that have plagued him since his time at Barcelona, took part in the eleven-a-side practice match then spoke to Inter.it about his progress.

"It's difficult to explain how I felt when I tried training with the squad," said Coco. "As I said before leaving for Lerici, I'm in no hurry and I know I'll still need to be patient. But everything's going much better."

Coco continued: "In Lerici I found the ideal environment to work in. It's a nice place with a nice atmosphere. It also did me good from a psychological point of view. These have been two intense weeks with five or six hours' training a day. In the end, it was more fun than hard work. It really was what I needed and the results are evident, though it's clearly not over and I have to continue on this path. I'm really pleased about the welcome the team and coach gave me. They haven't forgotten me."

Turning his attention to tomorrow's match in Puglia, Coco smiled then declared: "You win in Lecce, and I'll train in Appiano."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Serie A Preview: Lecce-Inter
Lecce - Inter | Latest News | News Archive

05/01/2004. Background

Alberto Zaccheroni's Inter Milan look like winding up their roller coaster season by claiming the final spot in next season's Champions League.

What it really depends upon is whether they can maintain the momentum they have built up over the last few weeks when they take on Delio Rossi's Lecce this Sunday afternoon at the Via del Mare Stadium.

If Inter can keep up the pace, and everything tends to suggest they can, then the prized spot in Europe should be theirs to enjoy.

But the visitors will be mindful of their hosts' historic win over Marcello Lippi's Juventus seven days ago at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

And this will give them reason to consider how they go about obtaining their desired outcome of victory.

Whatever the nerazzurri's strategy may be, they should play out a thrilling game with the giallorossi.

And one thing neither side will want when the referee blows his final whistle is a draw.

So expect them to throw caution to the wind and fight for all three points on offer.

Latest News

Lecce
Coach Rossi achieved club history last week when he led his boys to their 3-4 away victory over the bianconeri.

And he summed up his feelings nicely after the triumph: "A side that wins at Torino against Juventus does not deserve to be relegated."

Hear, hear!

Most of the kudos for this remarkable effort deserves to go to Kanon, who knocked in two goals.

"He should be very happy with himself," said Rossi.

"Not only for scoring the goals, but saving us."

Inter
The nerazzurri campaign has stabilised.

But coach Zaccheroni knows that does not guarantee positive results, particularly against a Lecce in a giant-killing mood.

"We will need to pay careful attention because we will not want to make any mistakes against them," he said.

Nearly all at Inter would agree with him.

Take Stankovic, for example.

The impressive Serbian defender has already played Lecce once this season when he was back with Roberto Mancini's Lazio.

And he said that while they were tough opponents then, they would be a lot more difficult now.

Probable Team Line-Ups

Lecce (4-4-2): Sicignano, Siviglia, Bovo, Stovini, Tonetto, Cassetti, Bolano, Ledesma, Franceschini, Konan, Chevanton.

Inter (3-4-1-2): Toldo, Cordoba, Materazzi, Cannavaro, Helveg, J. Zanetti, C. Zanetti, Kily Gonzalez, Emre, Adriano, Vieri.

Players To Watch

Lecce
Konan was the giallorossi's hero last week.

And the tantalising question is whether he will be capable of repeating his crowd-pleasing feats this Sunday.

If his midweek form is anything to go by, he should come close to emulating his recent efforts.

For he scored four goals in his sides' 8-0 win over a local junior outfit.

Inter
This is a game that the nerazzurri have to win.

A draw is something that would irk everybody, perhaps no one more so than Adriano.

And that is why the super Brazilian will set himself the task of scoring a goal or two to help his side take the points on offer and secure their grip on the final spot in Europe.

David Bongiorno

soccerage

=============

Serie A Prediction: Lecce-Inter
Lecce - Inter | Latest News | Our Prediction | News Archive

05/01/2004. Alberto Zaccheroni's Inter Milan will win on Sunday afternoon against Delio Rossi's Lecce. And the visiting coach will probably rate the triumph as his most important of the season.
David Bongiorno

soccerage

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
LECCE - Official line-ups for this afternoon's Serie A Week 32 match between Lecce and Inter:

LECCE: 1 Sicignano, 6 Bolano, 8 Franceschini, 11 Bovo, 14 Tonetto, 19 Chevanton, 20 Siviglia, 21 Stovini, 24 Ledesma, 25 Konan, 77 Cassetti
Subs: 23 Poleksic, 2 Billy, 7 Bojinov, 10 Giacomazzi, 13 Silvestri, 17 Dalmat, 81 Abruzzese
Coach: Delio Rossi

INTER: 1 Toldo, 2 Cordoba, 4 J. Zanetti , 5 Emre, 9 Cruz, 10 Adriano, 11 Stankovic, 18 Kily Gonzalez, 17 Cannavaro, 23 Materazzi, 26 Pasquale
Subs: 12 Fontana, 13 Helveg, 19 Karagounis, 22 Okan, 24 Gamarra, 30 Martins, 32 Vieri
Coach: Alberto Zaccheroni

Referee: Roberto Rosetti

INTER.IT

·
Registered
57,838 Posts
INTER: 1 Toldo, 2 Cordoba, 4 J. Zanetti , 5 Emre, 9 Cruz, 10 Adriano, 11 Stankovic, 18 Kily Gonzalez, 17 Cannavaro, 23 Materazzi, 26 Pasquale

Subs: 12 Fontana, 13 Helveg, 19 Karagounis, 22 Okan, 24 Gamarra, 30 Martins, 32 Vieri

Cruz starting ? :eek:

Helveg NOT starting ? :eek::eek::eek:

FORZA INTER !!!!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts