Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a must win game...no if...or maybe...certainly, we still need parma and lazio to drop points...but we also have to win our games...

Forza INTER...!!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Dont' worry..I wouldn't be too concerned with Parma...They are a put together outfit that thinks just b/c they have as many points as us they can call themselves part of the big boys but they haven't proven anything at all..They think they can do it, but Juventus should finish them off easily

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
juve helped us a lot yesterday...we certainly help that they'll do us one more favor this sunday... :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pagliuca Warns Inter
Latest News | News Archive

Pagliuca to face his former club next weekend (Schicchi)
04/12/2004. Bologna has been alternating excellent results with poor performances in recent weeks which leave the club still fighting for relegation.

Gianluca Pagliuca knows that his team must be more consistent if they want to stay in the top flight and warned his next opponents, Inter, that Bologna still want to do well and will not go down without a fight.

The former nerazzurro player declared: "We want to do well, after all the criticism we received during this season. It would be bad to end again with defeats and poor performances just like the previous seasons. If it had to happen, the club and coach would be right to be angry."
SA Europe

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Serie A Week 30 - 18/4/04 (15.00)
Inter - Bologna

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter picked up the points at Perugia in controversial circumstances and the pressure will be on to perform as well as win over a side that has often caused problems here.

The Nerazzurri overturned a 2-1 deficit to beat Perugia 3-2 in the final five minutes and that Easter Sunday victory pushed them into fifth place. Adriano has rediscovered his scoring form with three goals in his last two games, but fans continue to ask for a partnership with Christian Vieri rather than a squad rotation system.

Coach Alberto Zaccheroni has further food for thought with the return to full fitness of Dejan Stankovic and perhaps Alvaro Recoba, while they risk distraction from the midweek UEFA Cup quarter-final with Olympique Marseille.

Bologna have caused a few upsets in their time at the San Siro, winning in 1997, ‘98 and ’99, but have lost their last three trips here. There is still a small risk of slipping back into the relegation battle, especially after last week’s shock 3-2 defeat at bottom of the table Ancona, so Carlo Mazzone’s men are looking for precious points.

It will be a special occasion for Gianluca Pagliuca, as the goalkeeper spent five years in the Inter jersey. Beppe Signori and Tomas Locatelli are battling for a starting position behind hitman Igli Tare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter (probable): Toldo; Cordoba, Materazzi, Cannavaro; J Zanetti, Farinos, Almeyda, C Zanetti; Stankovic; Adriano, Vieri

Bologna (probable): Pagliuca; Zaccardo, Natali, Moretti; Meghni, Nakata, Colucci, Pecchia, Sussi; Signori, Tare

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Bologna are a dangerous, unpredictable side. Last season they were by far better though. Eventhough they lost a lot of games this season, they did manage to beat Lazio and Roma in the space of 3 days only. :eek:

Tare is a threat with his height so i really hope Materazzi can play this game to stop him. My main fear is Gianluca Pagliuca. He's been great this season and i voted for him as Serie A's best goalkeeper. For a man of his age, his reflexes are still as good as they were 5 years ago. Used to be one of my favourite Inter players and i still have utmost respect for Gianluca. I Hope he does well but we win. ;)

FORZA INTER !!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
I just heard some bad news.. Matrix wont be able to make it to the Bologna match :(

This worries me as our defense hasnt been in the best of form lately.

We certainly need someone to stop Tare's headers.. so if not Matrix probably Cordoba.. i wish him the best of luck

Vieri and Adriano in attack? I've always said two big guys upfront can never be good, especially with the likes of Pagliuca.

I have a good feeling about Stank, i think he will shine in this match like he did against Juve

anyways i hope we bag this one and parma lose to juve so we grab that 4th place before Lazio-Roma match

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Vieri Back Against Bologna

Vieri back on the pitch (AFP)
04/16/2004. Christian Vieri seems to have finally recovered from his head injury and will be on the field on Sunday afternoon against Bologna.

The Inter striker missed the mid-week Uefa Cup clash against Marseille because of a bottle which hit his head last Sunday after the Perugia game.

The player still feels dizzy from the knock, but he will be able to recover in time for the match to partner Adriano upfront.
SA Europe

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TOMBOLINI TO REF INTER V BOLOGNA
Friday, 16 April 2004 11:33:08
MILAN - Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 30 match at home to Bologna will be refereed by Daniele Tombolini (Ancona).

===========

TOMBOLINI & INTER MATCHES
Friday, 16 April 2004 11:41:03
MILAN - Inter have recorded four victories, five draws and two defeats in the eleven matches refereed by Daniele Tombolini, who has taken charge of one Nerazzurri match this season: the Tim Cup clash with Reggina in Reggio Calabria.

==============

INTER V BOLOGNA: FOOTBALL DATA STATS
Friday, 16 April 2004 15:52:27
MILAN - Courtesy of Football Data, statistics related to Sunday afternoon's match at home to Bologna:

Five in a row for Inter?
Inter have won their last four Serie A matches (against Ancona, Reggina, Juventus and Perugia ). Victory at home to Bologna will see the Nerazzurri one win away from equalling the series of six consecutive championship wins which came to an end at the Olimpico in December when Lazio beat Inter 2-1.

Vieri close to double figures against Bologna
Bologna are Christian Vieri's fourth favourite target. The Inter striker has scored 9 goals against the Rossoblu, who are preceded by Verona and Roma (10) and Perugia (12).
Vieri's goals against Bologna:
2 in Atalanta v Bologna (1995/96 Coppa Italia)
1 in Bologna v Lazio and 1 in Lazio v Bologna (1998/99 Serie A)
2 in Bologna v Inter (1999/00 Coppa Italia)
1 in Bologna v Inter and 1 in Inter v Bologna (2000/01 Serie A)
1 in Inter v Bologna (2002/03 Serie A)

Don't leave the stadium early!
Of Inter's 50 goals scored so far this season, 23 have come from the 61st to 90th minutes of matches (46% of the total). The same goes for goals let in, with 15 of 31 scored in the last half hours of matches (48.4% of the total).

Tare set for 100th appearance
If he plays against Inter, Igli Tare will celebrate a century of Serie A appearances. The Albanian striker, who has scored 20 goals in the top flight, made his debut in Brescia 1-1 AC Milan on 28 January 2001. In Italy, Tare has played for Brescia and Bologna.

Bologna on target for 7 matches in a row
The Rossoblu have scored at least one goal in their last 7 matches, for a total of 15 goals. The last time they failed to score was in the 1-0 defeat at home to Juventus on 22 February.

Bologna: 12 different players on target
Twelve different Bologna players have scored in the 29 Serie A matches played so far this season. Since they returned to the top flight in 1996/97, the Rossoblu have had twelve different players on target in two other seasons: 1998/99 and 2000/01.

inter.it

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Guyz we need to win this game very much:fero:
Look what the jerk cesar said

04/16/2004. Lazio have gone from fourth place to sixth place after wasting the number of points over both Parma and Inter.

However, the biancoceleste Cesar still believes his team can achieve the last spot for the Champions League. "Unluckily when we had the fourth place in our hands we did not take advantage of the others' slip-ups and they caught us back. Now we must do our best to catch them. The recipe is to make as many points as possible without looking in front or behind us. Take one match at a time, starting from Ancona. Then we shall think about defeating Roma and Inter."

:finger: take that parma and juve(no ofense gaga:D )

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
INTER V BOLOGNA: 21 NERAZZURRI CALLED UP
Saturday, 17 April 2004 19:00:01
APPIANO GENTILE - Inter head coach Alberto Zaccheroni has named a 21-man squad for Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 30 match at home to Bologna:

Goalkeepers: Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Thomas Helveg (13), Marco Materazzi (23), Jeremie Brechet (31)

Midfielders: Fabrizio Biava (29), Francisco Farinos (14), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Dejan Stankovic (11), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Adriano (10), Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Obafemi Martins (30), Andy van der Meyde (7), Alvaro Recoba (20), Christian Vieri (32)

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zac: Inter trust in me Sunday 18 April, 2004

Alberto Zaccheroni insists the Nerazzurri have faith in him even after the UEFA Cup exit, but admits grabbing fourth place will be decisive.

¡°The club has confirmed its faith in me,¡± assured Zac, ¡°but this is a problem that seems to mean more to those outside the squad than within. We will carry on in a relaxed fashion.¡±

In fact, the Coach even made a joke following reports that Fabio Capello or Roberto Mancini were being lined up to replace him.

¡°I spoke to a friend of mine who Coaches in the amateur Leagues,¡± he revealed, ¡°and he was very upset at being the only tactician in the country not to have been linked with my job.¡±

Inter will end the season empty-handed once again after losing to Marseille 2-0 on aggregate midweek, so beating Parma and Lazio to that fourth Champions¡¯ League qualifying spot becomes even more important.

¡°We are still in the running and realise that we cannot afford to lose another game this season.¡±

However, he insists that this campaign has not been a failure despite barely improving their League position since taking over from Hector Cuper.

¡°I arrived in October,¡± explained Zaccheroni, ¡°and there were six teams ahead of Inter. Apart from the top three that have broken away, all the other places are well within reach.¡±

Their season has been wracked with a series of injuries and this continues to be a problem for today¡¯s clash with Bologna.

¡°Alvaro Recoba is still not ready. Christian Vieri only started full training again on Friday, so we¡¯ll have to wait and see.¡±

The Italian international missed the midweek UEFA Cup quarter-final after he was struck on the head by a bottle thrown by Perugia fans.

¡°Considering the condition we were in going into that Marseille match,¡± explained Zac, ¡°we couldn¡¯t have done more. There was no shortage of effort, but if you don¡¯t train regularly then you won¡¯t have that rhythm for 90 minutes.¡±

When Cuper was sacked in October, his entire fitness staff was also removed from the club.

¡°I spoke to the medical staff and club to try and fine out what happened, but I haven¡¯t much to go on as I didn¡¯t oversee the summer training regime. In my experience, your fitness for the season is decided in the opening few months.¡±

This afternoon they welcome Carlo Mazzone¡¯s Bologna, a side that is very unpredictable and lost to bottom of the table Ancona last week.

¡°Bologna have real temperament,¡± added Zaccheroni, ¡°with a strong midfield. They will be eager to get back on track after that surprise setback last Sunday.¡±

channel4

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No Zac the Attack I do not trust you. WHy shoudl I trust a man who can only beat Juventus and claims that every defeat is b/c half the team was attacking while the other half was defending?

We need rela manpower, in the name of Capello.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Report Soccerage:
Vieri is not playing today as Zac dont want to risk him playing
with a head injury,Vieri decided to stay home instead of being on the bench

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Vieri walks out on Zac Sunday 18 April, 2004

Christian Vieri has not joined his teammates in the San Siro after confirming he refused to sit on the bench against Bologna.

“I have already told him many times before,” snapped the striker, “that if I am to come on for 15-20 minutes then I may as well stay and train.”

“It’s a wasted day, so at least I can maintain my full fitness for when I am called. If the Coach doesn’t want to play me, then I may as well do something useful.”

Vieri was named as part of the squad for today’s match, but it’s claimed that when he was told he was not in the starting eleven he opted to stay on at the training ground.

Director General Marco Branca tried to calm the waters and convince him to reconsider his decision, but it was in vain.

“I have no rapport with Alberto Zaccheroni,” continued the clearly tense Italian international. “I don’t speak to the Coach at all, but that doesn’t mean I can’t train properly and be good for the team.”

“I have already played those ten minutes after training for an hour, but as you’ve seen in previous games I don’t play well in those conditions.”

This is the latest row between Vieri and Coach Zaccheroni, as a similar incident has already taken place this season.

The former Juventus star refused to step on to the team bus that was heading for Udine in a Coppa Italia trip earlier this year.

“I can assure you that this sort of thing happens every Sunday all over Serie A,” he added, “but it’s turned into a big deal because it’s Vieri. There are no problems.”

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Angry Vieri Stays Back Home After Refusing Bench!

Vieri refuses to sit on the bench (AFP)
04/18/2004. Christian Vieri has apparently refused the bench for today's match against Bologna and the player has decided to stay at home instead of going to the stadium with the other players.

It is not clear yet why the Italian striker has refused the bench but apparently Zaccheroni did not want to risk him yet as Vieri is still recovering from his head injury picked up a week ago at Perugia.

The Inter attacker did not accept Zaccheroni's decision and decided to stay back home rather than sitting on the bench.
SA Europe

======
Go Vieri go! Get Zac fired! Show Inter that you are bigger than the club!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts