Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TIM CUP: UDINESE V INTER: 17:30, 11/04
Friday, 07 April 2006 18:55:19
MILAN - Inter's Tim Cup semi-final return-leg match at Udinese on Tuesday 11 April, initially scheduled to kick off at 21:00, will now begin at 17.30. The Lega Calcio has also established the order of play for the two-legged final (3, 11 May). The winners of the semi-final between Roma and Palermo will play the final first leg at home, with the winners of Udinese v Inter at home in the return leg. The Tim Cup will therefore be lifted at the Stadio Friuli or the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tue Apr 11 05:00PM Pacific
Tue Apr 11 06:00PM Mountain
Tue Apr 11 07:00PM Central
Tue Apr 11 08:00PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr SDD
RAI International - North America (Digital Cable, Satellite)
Coppa Italia - Semifinale - Ritorno
Inter Milan vs Udinese

soccertv.com

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Play the first team, the Milan derby won't be played Friday. It's useless to save the players, the fans will riot.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UDINESE V INTER: DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
Sunday, 09 April 2006 14:24:39
MILAN - Disciplinary situation for Tuesday's Tim Cup semi-final return-leg clash at the Stadio Friuli (first leg 1-0 to Inter):

Udinese:
Disqualified: Candela
Cautioned: Natali, Pieri, Tissone, Zenoni

Inter:
Disqualified: -
Cautioned: Kily González, Wome, J. Zanetti

inter.it

·
Registered
123 Posts
I will not be suprised if we lost this. Seems world is going down after Villareal. A very little present back to our fans would be lifting the coppa trophy at Meazza!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
the fans will riot huh

:D:D

I say kill em all...Italian fans r just annoying rn't they

I hope the police shoot a few of those idiots

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Mancini called up a strong squad for this match. No notable absentees apart from Kily.

Cesar to take Toldo's place in goal as in the first leg.

In attack - Cruz & Martins. The first is suspended for the derby anyway and the second can run all day long without getting tired. :D So we should stick to the attacking duo that played in Ascoli.

Midfield & defence, well, there's lots of room for speculation. Regarding our backline - I'm sure that Materazzi and Burdisso will both feature from the get-go. Mihajlovic should start too if he's ready. Which leaves one spot at the back, Wome will probably occupy it as he's more experienced than Andreolli.

As for midfield...

Solari and Pizarro are "Coppa Italia" players, but with the injuries of Veron and Stankovic, they're both important players now. We can't afford losing any more players to injury before the derby. On the flip side, they do need more minutes to get in shape. So both will play IMO. CZ's situation is similar to those two, he needs to play matches. Our left winger in Udine should be Cesar, with Figo coming on in the second half if need be.

Cesar ; Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Burdisso & Wome ; C.Zanetti, Pizarro, Cesar & Solari ; Cruz & Martins

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Udinese's coach, Giovanni Galeone, said that he'll field a strong team this time and not a team made up of kids.

Iaquinta will most probably play seeing as he's suspended for Udinese's upcoming Serie A match.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
I like your lineup although it's tough to say who will play and who needs to rest simply becasue I have no idea who will be available for the derby.

How bad is Stankovic's injury? Is Adriano really injured? I need more information!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think its safe to say Stankovic is back, he rejoined training yesterday.

As for Adriano he will be ready for the derby, as Corriere del Sport reported yesterday that Adriano was seen out dancing in a nightclub this past weekend, so I guess his muscle strain is almost healed

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TIM CUP: UDINESE V INTER AT 15.30, 11/04
Monday, 10 April 2006 10:15:47
MILAN - Inter's Tim Cup semi-final return-leg clash with Udinese at the Stadio Friuli will now kick off at 15:30 on Tuesday 11 April. The match will be shown live on RaiDue.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TIM CUP: AYROLDI TO REF UDINESE V INTER
Monday, 10 April 2006 14:09:43
MILAN - Nicola Ayroldi of the Molfetta refereeing section will take charge of Tuesday afternoon's Tim Cup semi-final return-leg match at the Stadio Friuli (kick-off 15:30). Ayroldi will be assisted by linesmen Milardi and Cuttica, and fourth official Rizzoli.

Tim Cup semi-final returns & match officials:
Udinese v Inter (15:30, Tues 11 April): Ayroldi (Molfetta) - Milardi, Cuttica - Rizzoli
Roma v Palermo (21:00, Wed 12 April): Racalbuto (Gallarate) - Strocchia, Carretta - Rocchi

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UDINESE V INTER: 21-MAN SQUAD
Monday, 10 April 2006 17:35:16
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named 21 players for Tuesday's Tim Cup semi-final return against Udinese:

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar Soares, 22 Paolo Orlandoni

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 16 Giuseppe Favalli, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 33 Pierre Wome, 49 Marco Andreolli

Midfielders: 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Luis Figo , 8 David Pizarro, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Santiago Solari, 31 Cesar

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MANCINI: "FOOTBALL IS MY PASSION"
Monday, 10 April 2006 16:56:56
APPIANO GENTILE - Part one of Roberto Mancini's pre-Udinese v Inter news conference:

Mancini, your comments on what happened at Malpensa airport the other evening?
"I prefer not to talk about it because I'm tired of these things. I prefer to talk about football. Is football also this? There are those who have made it become like this. Sorry, but I want to talk about tomorrow's match. You can't go and watch a match in Italy and go home disappointed just because you lost without considering all the rest."

Are you thinking of rotating players after Ascoli and ahead of Inter's upcoming important matches?
"I will rotate a few players. We have two important and tiring matches in four days. Those who play will have to give their best and also put up with the tiredness a bit because it's not easy to recover your energies in three days. We will try to do well both tomorrow and against Milan."

Do you still want to do your job?
"Yes. I'm a coach because I really love football. I like being on the pitch, I like watching my players play and score goals or train during the week. I only do it for this and not for the money, as someone stupidly said. This is what drives me to continue. Everything is definitely more difficult in Italy, but I will continue to do this job because football is my great passion."

Which is more important? The Tim Cup match or Friday's derby?
"Tomorrow's game is important because we could reach the Tim Cup final, but the derby is also important because we have to try to finish second in the league."

What kind of Inter are you expecting in Udine tomorrow?
"I'm expecting the team to play like they did in Ascoli. We had come from the Villarreal defeat which no one was expecting and which we all suffered over, but there's nothing humiliating in all this. It was a football match we played badly. We had the chance to play again three days later, with a bit of tension, but it was still a football match and we had to do well, enjoy ourselves and win. We did that in Ascoli and we have to try to win again tomorrow."

===========================

MANCINI: "NO PROBLEMS WITH ADRIANO"
Monday, 10 April 2006 17:18:28
APPIANO GENTILE - Part two of Roberto Mancini's pre-Udinese v Inter news conference:

Who is ruled out of the Udinese game?
" Adriano, Veron and Zé Maria definitely won't leave with us. We have to look at Stankovic's condition. All the others should be available."

Who will play in goal?
"Julio Cesar."

And in attack?
"Definitely Cruz. For the others we will see. Some will rest."

What's your opinion of Julio Cruz's sending-off at Ascoli?
"I didn't see very well from the pitch. Afterwards he told me that the applause was directed at his opponent, not at the referee. However, his disqualification is a disappointment ahead of the derby because he was in quite good form."

Do you think you will have Adriano back for the derby?
"He wasn't well yesterday and he won't leave with us today. It won't be easy to have him back in three days, but we hope we will."

Is it true that Adriano is a very sensitive boy who is sometimes hurt when criticsed on a technical level?
"I can only say something I have already said on other occasions and I'll say it again for the umpteenth time: a coach's technical criticism aside, I have never had any problems with Adriano in these two years, neither on a personal level nor during or after matches."

=============================

MANCINI: "LET'S FOCUS ON PLAYING"
Monday, 10 April 2006 17:22:28
APPIANO GENTILE - Part three of Roberto Mancini's pre-Udinese v Inter news conference:

Mancini, what do you say to those fans who say they won't go and watch Inter play any more?
"I said earlier that I only want to talk about football. If a fan doesn't want to go and see his team, he's free to do so. But the players obviously hope they will have more people and fans at the stadium."

For next season would you rebuild Inter around Adriano?
"These are things we can't go into today, for many reasons. Is Adriano Inter's most important player? He's definitely the most important and most representative. But it's illogical to talk about these things. We have to think about the remaining matches which are important. Contrary to what is often thought, ours hasn't been a disastrous season. It's our duty to continue to do well."

President Facchetti said that it is right for a coach to have the chance to finish his project agreed with the club. What do you think?
"I don't know, it's not something I'm thinking about right now. For now I hope the team qualifies for the Tim Cup final tomorrow and does well in the remaining league matches."

Could the disputes of the past few days affect the team?
"I saw the boys yesterday and they have definitely been affected a bit. I hope they manage to put all this to one side and focus solely on the match. But each person has his own mind and uses it to think."

============================

MANCINI: "REASONS FOR DECISIONS"
Monday, 10 April 2006 17:28:24
APPIANO GENTILE - Part four of Roberto Mancini's pre-Udinese v Inter news conference:

Regarding what apparently happened in the dressing room after the first half of the Villarreal game, how can two players argue in such an important game with qualification almost secured?
"There can be heated discussions between two players even if you're winning 3-0. Two players can argue amongst themselves and tell each other where to go, but I don't see what the problem is. It's something that can happen anywhere, it could be down to the tension of the match and two players might differ in their opinions. But nothing so incredible happened in Villarreal. Also, only those who were there know exactly what happened, and I'm telling you that nothing so important happened that could have changed the team's attitude in the second half."

After the Ascoli game you said you were probably wrong not to have brought on Sinisa Mihajlovic earlier. Did you really mean this or was it a sarcastic remark to journalists?
"It was a sarcastic remark as well because you journalists need to understand the motivations that lead to certain decisions. If a team is having trouble creating scoring chances it can be useful to have a player on the pitch who is capable of setting up a dangerous move with a long ball. There are teams who have based their game on this. Mihajlovic might be thirty-eight, but besides the fact that he plays football very well he is also very good in these situations. On the other hand, if Milan are still playing Costacurta at the age of forty - and I say this with all due respect for him because he plays very well - Mihajlovic can do just as well. And in certain situations it's your brain and desire to play that count more than your age. I thought it was right to make this kind of switch because it could have led to us creating scoring chances or dangerous situations from set pieces. Why did I leave Materazzi on the pitch? Because he could have scored with a header from a corner. It was an extra option. I could also have put Cruz on a bit earlier."

A while ago you said that after Inter you wanted to coach abroad. Could this desire of yours be closer after what has happened?
(Mancini smiles) "It will certainly be closer if they get rid of me... But this is a certainty. I have been in football for twenty-seven years and I have to say that it is a lot worse now. But these things have always happened and I have seen them in other places. They don't just happen at Inter, they happen everywhere. There's no coach or player who doesn't suffer over a defeat like the one in Villarreal, but the disappointment can last for a few days, then you have to think about the next matches."

inter.it

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Al Capone said:
Adriano was seen out dancing in a nightclub this past weekend, so I guess his muscle strain is almost healed
LOL :howler:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
0-1 for us, Solari scored or smthng,

any streams ?

forza-inter.com doesnt work here

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
wow, recoba is on :eek:
place your bets how long he'll stay on,