1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 30 - 2/4/05 (20.30)
Bologna - Inter

Stadio Dall'Ara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter need to win their clash with Bologna to keep ahead in the race for Champions’ League qualification. The Nerazzurri lead Udinese by two points but with Sampdoria and Palermo breathing down their necks, Roberto Mancini’s side cannot afford any slips.

Bologna themselves have a UEFA Cup spot on their mind and, with a six point gap opening up between them and sixth-placed Palermo, it will also be vital for the Rossoblu to take something from this game. However, with just one win in their last seven games, and a defeat to bottom club Atalanta and five draws in that run, they will be long shots to overturn Inter.

The San Siro side are unbeaten on their travels this season but have drawn 10 of those matches. Without the attacking options of Adriano and Alvaro Recoba, along with midfielder Dejan Stankovic who are all out injured, it will be left to Obafemi Martins - who hasn’t scored since early February - and Julio Cruz to lead the frontline. Bologna are missing Leonardo Colluci and Federico Giunti from their midfield as both players are suspended.

A repeat of the draw in November would seem like a good bet for this encounter. On that occasion Inter twice threw away the lead with Fabio Petruzzi and Claudio Bellucci responding to strikes from Sinisa Mihajlovic and Adriano.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bologna (probable): Pagliuca; Juarez, Torrisi, Gamberini; Capuano, Loviso, Amoroso, Bellucci; Locatelli, Meghni; Cipriani

Inter (probable): Toldo; J. Zanetti, Cordoba, Mihajlovic, Favalli; Van der Meyde, Cambiasso, Veron, Kily Gonzalez; Cruz, Martins

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
60,411 Posts
Channel4, as retarded and clueless as per usual. :howler:

There's no way that Mancini will risk playing Cordoba, Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti. They'll play later tonight in the World Cup Qualifiers and will be back in Italy on Friday. So I'm sure that all three will miss the Bologna game. Oh and Stankovic isn't injured anymore as he played against Spain, the full 90 minutes.

Apart from the three South American internationals, I'd also rest Martins. With Adriano and Recoba both out of the Euroderby and Vieri struggling for fitness, it wouldn't be wise to play Obafemi in a Serie A match which will take place only four days before the Milan game. My point is, to put it in a simple and straight forward manner, if he gets injured we're screwed.

Line-up

-----------------------Toldo-------------------

--ZM--------Burdisso-----Materazzi----Favalli--

--VDM------C.Zanetti-----Veron-----Kily--

-------------Cruz-----------Vieri-------------

If Vieri isn't fit then we can use Stankovic as a second striker. Why not ? He'd play better there than on the flanks, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It's really hard to guess the line up for this game ....

South Americans will just be back from their national duty ... Martins played like 80 minutes for his national team and Stankovic also played 90 minutes after his injury.

Burdisso ??
:shades:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Burdisso should play since he didn't play for his NT last night. I hope he can have a good and positive impact on the match.

Anyways, whatever the lineup, LETS CRUSH BOLOGNA! REVENGE TIME!

FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Looks like Martins and Cruz are gonna have to start against Bologna. Vieri is probably out and Adriano and Recoba are out. So we just better hope Vieri gets better for the deby and Martins and Cruz come out well after the Bologna match, thats if there is one.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i say we shld just score a fast goal
like in the first 10mins
then defend like hell
so that we will break legs,not they will break our legs.
n on the counter attack maybe we will score another goal n their u have it 3points
a wholl team,which is ready to kill our rivals!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
BOLOGNA V INTER: 18 PLAYERS CALLED UP
Friday, 01 April 2005 17:15:11
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has called up the following 18 players for Saturday evening's Serie A Week 30 match away to Bololgna:

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Alberto Fontana

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 16 Giuseppe Favalli, 23 Marco Materazzi, 49 Marco Andreolli

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 18 Cristian Kily González, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Giorgos Karagounis

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 30 Obafemi Martins

=============================

Wtf, No Burdisso! Why? :(

I guess its Cordoba-Matrix for our CB pairing, as Miha will most probably be playin the derby.

Hmm, I better go change my prediction.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Rest everyone. Play Karagounis and Gamarra. Get ready for DERBY.

·
U get what U give
8,784 Posts
yeb.. indeed.. we need to rest all our )remaining) forces for the big game, we should at least score 1 or 2 goals, it`s the away game.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
If we draw (or lose) this away game too (like last 3 away ones), I'll never post on xtratime again.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Tanel said:
If we draw (or lose) this away game too (like last 3 away ones), I'll never post on xtratime again.
Thats a pretty big sacrafice!!!!!!! :shades:

·
Registered
867 Posts
JZ, Cambiasso and Cordoba must be very tired after their trip to the SA qualifiers, I think they should be rested to the BIG DERBY.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Tanel said:
i wouldnt do that
Inter got 50% of winning and 50% of drawing this game

btw, is Coco injured or something :moan:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Tanel said:
We won't be playing today, as the games are suspended for Pope John Paol II.
just wanted to say that
:moan:

do you think its good for us ?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
It is good for us. I just read the comments about this, i guess that Cargmigiani said that: "There are more important things than football in life." And we have so many injuried players and our key players can now rest for the big game. We are having a better strikers for the postponed match to.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
sub-d said:
just wanted to say that
:moan:

do you think its good for us ?
In my opinion irrelevant,

I agree with Novellino here:

“When faced with certain situations, football has to take a step back,” said Sampdoria Coach Walter Novellino. “Right now everyone should stop and pray for The Pope, a man who has given so much to the human race and passed on his message of peace.”

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
but will the derby be played????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 - 20 of 96 Posts