Xtratime Community banner

Who leeet the dogs out? Who-Who-who-wow-who...

• E Bianconera la Bella Signora (this is a Win-yo)... :cool:

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Well, 3 point are 3 point no matter of the play. (in short: not that great win)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wow! Lecce are sooo lucky! (a draw)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Screw that sh!t. We lost. I'm gonna get drunk. :fero:

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 February 2002 Juventus - Lecce

In my opinion, it is an easy game, especially that this game in our home, and players had a big self confidence in the last game, we are far 3 pts from Roma, so we need the win , waiting any drop from Roma and inter, seria A now for 3 teams Juventus Roma and inter , coz milan and lazio goa far from this competition , they are fighting for a place in uefa cup or in cl :D
i predict to win 4-0, 3 for trezeguet (hatrick)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
I believe I heard Lecce just dumped their Coach :eek: ..Another one bites the dust !!! ;)

Juventus 3 Lecce 0

:cool::cap::eyepatch:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Let's not be too over confident. Remember last year's encounter at the Delle Alpi? we completely dominated, but only got a draw. Those B*stards will probably employ the same 11 men behind the ball tactics.

·
Registered
69 Posts
no poll this time?

I guess it's because the last one was hacked..

In my opinion- juve's gonna shatter lecce, as long as we don't stick our heads way up. There are no bad teams in serie A, and lecce could surprise (remember two years ago they beat us 2-0).

nevertheless, I think it'll be 3-0 or 3-1 in La Signora's favour.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We must kick their ass!
WE have to!!
It really no matters who scores, I goals from Del Piero and Treze + Nedved would sound perfect:D

·
Registered
881 Posts
This is an important match 4 2 reasons. We need 3 points to keep up with Inter & Roma, obvious! Also its vital that we keep are confidence on the up and continue are winning ways. We face ROMA next week so its a boost to all the lads if they go to Rome of the back of a victory. MOTHER****ERS beat us 2-0 in our last encounter, and it was in r own backyard. The poll isn't up but im sure most votes wouldve gone 4- Juve humilate Lecce so bad that the Lecce team ***** out of the match and swap kits with the Pope and his bitches:D Final score 6-3 Juve ( Pope gets a hat-rick)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Juve - Lecce

Here is the poll! :)
This time - no hacking ;)

Bye Bye.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
On paper there's no way we can drop points against Lecce. It's at the Delle Alpi. We're in the in-form team with a 5matchs winning streak and Lecce is torn-crisis. Their coach Cavasin has been sacked erlier on this week following their home defeat to Brescia which leaves them in the relegation zone...

But beware coz there's always a positive reaction on the field from the players when a new coach takes arrives.

As Mikey said I expect them to play nearly at 11 behind ! The only threat upfront will be Chevanton. They're surely gonna field a 4-5-1 in order to block our offensive players (which worked in the first leg - we had a lot of difficulties to find a way thru a 5men midfield at the time)... The key of the match will thus be in the midfield imo...

Having said this the outcome of the match really depends on us.
They will surely be very motivated and they could have a great match but we have to overclass them in every sector of the field...

I see us winning by a several goals margin. What an offence we have this season !! Let's say: 4-0 :)

FORZA JUVE !!!!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Guys....how was it that the last poll was hacked ?? :confused:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
colocolo said:
Guys....how was it that the last poll was hacked ?? :confused:
The only possibility is we've been hacked by an Admin. (or Jan himself) since they're the only ones to have access...
Feckin Milanisti conspiration I tell ya Colo !!! :D ;)

Seriously now I don't think last poll has been hacked !
It's just that the poll had been released early in the week and that people pray for us to bite the dust !!! People always support the minnow !... :D

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
The only thing that worries me about this match is our concentration. Coming before the HUGE game in Rome next weekend, the players may have their minds on that game. I hope not. We were victims of that last season. I don't want a repeat.:frustrat:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
> soccerage.com
Serie A Preview: Juventus-Lecce

AT STAKE

Two teams heading in opposite directions will face each other at the Delle Alpi stadium on Sunday afternoon, when Juventus will shoot for their sixth win in a row as they host troubled Lecce. The hosts hope to build on their recent impressive shape, and indeed Lippi's men have been looking really powerful of late, outscoring their opponents with a combined 15-2 in the last five matches.

Perhaps Juve's most convincing outing came last Sunday, when the bianconeri defeated Chievo 3-1 , thus reducing the gap which separates them from the top of the ranking to only three points. If their city rivals Torino and Fiorentina, who will face Inter and Roma respectively, will give them a helping hand, Juve could even complete their comeback seven days before they face the giallorossi in the Stadio Olimpico.

Lecce have much different problems: the salentini have won only once in the last ten matches, and the 1-3 home defeat against Brescia in the last round pushed them back in 16th position. Following this umpteenth bad outing, the board decided to fire coach Alberto Cavasin, replacing him with Delio Rossi.

TEAM NEWS

-Juventus: the bianconeri are still without long-term injured strikers Salas and Amoruso, while defender Tudor should be back next week. Coach Lippi will recover playmaker Tacchinardi*, who missed last week's match against Chievo due to a suspension and he is expected to replace Davids in the starting eleven.

Starting line-up (4-4-2): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto; Zambrotta, Conte, Tacchinardi, Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet
Bench: Carini, Montero, Birindelli, Zenoni, Maresca, Davids, Zalayeta

-Lecce: in addition to injured Slovenian striker Cimirotic, the salentini will be without their most charismatic player, veteran Romanian defender Gheorghe Popescu, who has to serve a one match suspension. New coach Delio Rossi is expected to turn Lecce's usual 3-5-2 formation into a 4-4-2.

Starting line-up (4-4-2): Chimenti; Balleri, Juarez, Malusci, Colonnello; Conticchio, Piangerelli, Giacomazzi, Tonetto; Chevanton, Vugrinec
Bench: Frezzolini, Silvestri, Savino, Cirillo, Bojinov, Konan

FORM GUIDE
Juventus last 6 matches: WWLWWW. Juve's lone defeat in the last six contests came in the second leg of the Coppa Italia quarterfinal against Atalanta, but Lippi's men had already secured a spot in the semifinal with a 4-2 home win at the Delle Alpi. In the Serie A, the bianconeri have won six out of their last seven matches.

Lecce last 6 matches: LWLDDL. Lecce's lone win in the last ten rounds came two days before Christmas, when they defeated Udinese. In the following four matches the salentini collected only two points, despite playing three of those contests on their home ground.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
-Juventus: Alex Del Piero. The bianconeri look in great shape, but the skipper is still far from the dominating player Lippi is waiting for. Lecce's troubled defence could be what Alex needs to recapture a bit of confidence.

-Lecce: Antonio Chimenti. The experienced keeper should be under pressure right after the starting whistle, and very likely the salentini will need him to play a great match in order to grab a point at the Delle Alpi.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION
An abyss separates these teams at the moment, both on the physical and on the mental side, so anything different from a clear home win would be a big surprise. Lecce could perhaps give Juve some trouble on the defensive side with the effective couple Chevanton-Vugrinec, but I just can't see the bianconeri scoring less than two goals.

Juventus 3 Lecce 0
* :dielaugh:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Buffon wants win number six Thursday 31 January, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluigi Buffon believes that a victory against Lecce on Sunday would be the best possible preparation for the crunch tie against Roma.

Juventus have closed to within three points of the Giallorossi who sit at the top of the table and will be looking for their sixth consecutive victory this weekend.

"The game against Lecce will be of vital importance to us. It would be good for morale and the table seeing as our title rivals do have some tough games this weekend. It will also be a perfect set-up for our match against Roma in 9 days time," said Buffon.

Lecce will arrive at the Delle Alpi is a state of transition after Delio Rossi took over from Alberto Cavasin this week. A change which Buffon believes could be of benefit to the Bianconeri.

"Usually a new boss can give sides an extra incentive to do well but from personal experience a new Coach usually needs at least 15 days before his changes finally see their desired effects. Let’s hope that happens to Lecce."

The Italian international is now performing at the highest levels again after he and Juve went through leaner times earlier this season.

"I wouldn’t recommend anyone to be a Juventus player when things aren’t going too well. Even if now it is a completely different story. We are a great group of players in which there is no jealousy between anyone."

He concluded by commenting on his former club Parma who are looking good to stave off relegation after an upturn in results.

"Fortunately they managed to win on Saturday against Bologna which was an extremely important result for them. I really do believe that they will be able to stay in the top flight."

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Propbable Starting XI

___________________Buffon___________________

___Thuram_____Ferrara____Iuliano____Pessotto___

_________________Tacchinardi_________________

___Zambrotta_______Nedved_________Conte_____

_________Trézéguet_________Del Piero__________

·
Registered
69 Posts
too bad simerotic wouldn't play..
He used to play for Hapoel Tel-Aviv and i was looking forwards to watching him against juve.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think Juve should win this match, because the team is in an excellent form at the moment and Lecce is definitely no top team. ;) 3-0 or 3-1 for Juve.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
It's important to note that both Trez and Nedved will be suspended if they recieve a yellow card this weekend, putting them out of next week's biggie with Roma. What Trez has been doing to get booked I'll never know!:eek:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
That's right Mikey ! We should not forget this detail...

The only way Trez could get a yellow would be by opening his mouth, diving or having a bad gesture... If he stays cool headed nothing can happen to him...

Nedved makes dirty tackles sometimes. He'll have to take it easy and let the defenders do their job if he wants to go to Rome...

But Roma is another match... let's focus on Lecce and let's not underestimate them...

Forza Juve ! :happy:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Rectification
___________________Buffon___________________

___Thuram____Ferrara____Montero____Pessotto___

_________________Tacchinardi_________________

___Zambrotta_______Nedved_________Conte_____

_________Trézéguet_________Del Piero__________

1 - 20 of 90 Posts