·
Banned
1,981 Posts
I thought Sweden stoped playing football after the 1994 world cup :eek:

Anyway go England roast this anti-football nation :devil: :skull:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well thats ok i guess but i think you are a donut.

Anyway some laughable selecitons again, C.Andersson, Dorsin, Elmander and Anders Anderson:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Its absurd that they are there...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about that guy Christian Wilhelmsson? I don't remember seeing him on the NT before. Is he any good?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
There always been plenty of skilled "swedes" eventho the general level of technique is dreadfull ;)

Alexander Farnerud is much more skillfull btw.

Wilhelmsson is 24 i think...Not seen much of him but he has great acceleration.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
match preview from soccage...

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/u1593.html

==============

International Friendly Prediction: Sweden-England
Sweden - England | Latest News | News Archive

03/30/2004. This friendly between two of the teams competing at Euro 2004 promises to be a tight affair, just as it has been in recent encounters.

England's squad in Portugal will be unrecognisable from the one going to Sweden, but the advantage of having a host of newcomers is that they are all eager to impress.

The inevitable host of second half substitutions are likely to render the contest rather pointless so the safe bet would be a draw.

SAUK

soccerage

===============

Ljungberg Rested By Sweden
Sweden - England | Latest News | News Archive

Ljungberg: needs a break, say Sweden (& Wenger) (AFP)
03/30/2004. Arsenal's Freddie Ljungberg has been rested by Sweden ahead of Wednesday's friendly international against England in Gothenburg.

Ljungberg has recently returned to action for the Gunners following a back injury, and Swedish coaches Lars Lagerback and Tommy Soderberg want the midfielder to rest.

"Fredrik can play, we know that, but with a thought to Arsenal's schedule we don't want to contribute to pulling him down even more," said Lagerback.

"In the long run it's better for the national team that he rests."

Ljungberg played for Arsenal on Sunday in a fast-paced, highly-charged clash with Manchester United.

The two great current rivals of English football meet head-to-head again in the FA Cup on Saturday and a midweek game may have had a detrimental effect on Ljungberg, who is expected to be a central figure for Sweden at Euro 2004.

"Wenger doesn't want Fredrik to play," added Lagerback.

"But even if he hadn't expressed his views we would still have made the same decision."

Graham Lister

soccerage

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yalle said:
I would like to recommend The Guardian's minute-by-minute match report. It is one of the funniest things I have read in a long while.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/news/matchreport/0,9752,1183091,00.html

:D
´

:howler:

A good laugh.

gOD said:
Chippen has been great all season long for Anderlecht. i'm very excited to hear how he did with Sweden :)
I just checked that video and i must say am mostly impressed with his technique when it comes to shooting. Beautiful goals but it seems he can only score from the most difficult angles:D cuse today he missed a sitter after making a fool out of a clueless Neville.

Hmmm otherwise only he Zlatan and Källström deserve praise or a mention after this awfull performance. I hate this tactical scheme and there is just way to many players that needs to be replaced, where there´s plenty of much more capable replacemnts.

I know they wont be tho:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Zlatan was by far the best player on the pitch. PLayers like Nilsson shows no ability or worse yet, even effort as always.
We certainly didnt win this one by performing well as a "unit" as its always put:yuck: This was a useless team effort, offensivly as well as defensivly, only to be saved by some individualistic performances from certain players.

Edit: petter Hansson suprised me as well i must say. To be honest i completely forgot bout this player sicne he moved abroard. Mjällby was dreadfull but cant really blame him with his circumstances.
bah guess am abit to negative. Edman was good as always as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was impressed by Zlatan and "Chippen".

I was not so impressed by England. Probably the most passive NT in the world.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Bodhi said:
I was impressed by Zlatan and "Chippen".

I was not so impressed by England. Probably the most passive NT in the world.
Passive is not a word i'd use to describe Englands performance, lacking in passion and motivation are words i would. I'd love to say well done on the win but i really can't say that truthfully and mean it. The fans in the stadium must have been so dissapointed, not to mention the two nations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts