·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's time for our reserves...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I hope Cruz gets some action, his totally been forgotten and his scored some very important goals for us this year, i hop solari and pizarro and caesar get some action too!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
also Andreolli and Momente who both is very talented... especially Andreolli who now is in the senior squad

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Recoba

I wanna see Recoba PLAYING

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Giovanni Galeone was named as Udinese's new boss today.

Udinese will most probably field a weakened team on Wednesday because their priority is to stay in A (righftully so of course) and guess what, their next league match is away to Messina. This isn't just a normal football match, it's WAR. Udinese are a point away from the drop zone where Messina currently lies (in 18th place)

In short, if Messina win at home then they'd overtake Udinese and move away from the dreaded zone -for now- thus sending Udinese there instead. As you may well agree, it's almost a final to avoid relegation.

We should field our B team too, which is still quite decent. Julio Cesar, Burdisso, Andreolli, Pizarro, CZ, Kily, Cruz and Martins should all start.

Don't know if Cesar is cup-tied or not, he should play if he's available.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Solari, hmm.....

who the fvuck is he ? :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TIM CUP: SACCANI TO REF INTER V UDINESE
Monday, 20 March 2006 12:45:19
MILAN - Massimiliano Saccani (Mantua section) will take charge of Wednesday evening's Tim Cup semi-final first leg between Inter and Udinese (21:00, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza). Saccani, who has refereed three Inter matches (2 home wins & 1 away draw), will be assisted by linesmen Alvino and Baglioni, and fourth official Preschern.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
INTER V UDINESE: DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
Monday, 20 March 2006 13:25:00
MILAN - Ivan Ramiro Cordoba is automatically suspended for Wednesday's Tim Cup semi-final first leg against Udinese after reaching the limit of yellow cards in the quarter-finals. Disciplinary situation for Inter v Udinese (21:00, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza):

Inter
Disqualified: Ivan Ramiro Cordoba
Cautioned: Pierre Wome, Javier Zanetti

Udinese
Disqualified: -
Cautioned: Vincent Candela, Cesare Natali, Mirko Pieri, Damiano Zenoni

inter.it

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
momente should get full playing time if it was up to me, unfortunately it isnt :cry:

Its also a chance for pizarro, martins and solari (if he isnt completely removed from the squad :() to prove that they arent completely worthless.

Anyways, there no excuse not to win this game no matter what, udine with a new coach, team is strugling this year, low moral, lost 0-4 to milan in the weekend. No excuses for not winning by atleast by 2 goals.

·
Registered
43,664 Posts
Azzkikr said:
momente should get full playing time if it was up to me, unfortunately it isnt :cry:
Bwahahahaha! :D I agree with you for once. :lala:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wed Mar 22 01:30PM Pacific
Wed Mar 22 02:30PM Mountain
Wed Mar 22 03:30PM Central
Wed Mar 22 04:30PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr SDD
RAI International - North America (Digital Cable, Satellite)
Coppa Italia - Semifinale - Andata
Udinese vs Inter Milan

soccertv.com

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MANCINI: "WE WANT TO RETAIN THE CUP"
Tuesday, 21 March 2006 15:49:51
APPIANO GENTILE - Part one of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Mancini, Udinese are having a very tough time. They're in the drop zone and have just changed coach. What kind of match will it be tomorrow evening?
"I'm sorry to see them in this situation. But I can say that there's always a reason for a change of coach. And we're playing a Coppa Italia semi-final so I think they will also want to do well. We have to do our best to get into the final."

Will Julio Cesar be back in goal tomorrow?
"Yes, he will play tomorrow."

Last week you said you were very sorry you can't call up players like Solari and Zé Maria . Will we see them return to the pitch tomorrow seeing that you're playing in the Tim Cup?
"I said that because leaving players out is the thing that makes my job more difficult. They are all boys who always work hard in training and this makes me even sorrier. I will be able to call them up for tomorrow, not just because we're playing in the Tim Cup, but quite simply to have them all in top form for a period in which we have many important matches. And in any case, tomorrow we play a Coppa Italia semi-final and it's a much more important match than Saturday's one against Parma."

Why haven't you called them up for the other matches?
"Until the rules aren't changed, I can only call up eighteen players for my team and the bench. So I prefer they train so they don't lose their physical condition. If they were called up they would do a light session then not train on the day of the match. So on certain occasions, and in agreement with them, I prefer to let them stay at home to give them the chance to train."

Who are you thinking of fielding in attack tomorrow evening?
(Mancini smiles) "I can't tell you my whole team... But I can tell you that Cruz will definitely play. We will see about the rest tomorrow morning."

How is Sinisa Mihajlovic?
"I will wait until tomorrow to see how Materazzi and Mihajlovic are. He ( Mihajlovic) hasn't played for a while and we have to look at his condition."

inter.it

============================

MANCINI: "OBLIGED TO DO OUR BEST"
Tuesday, 21 March 2006 16:04:28
APPIANO GENTILE - Part two of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Mancini, are you expecting any reply in particular from the team in these two important months from now until the end of the season?
"I hope those who play against Udinese tomorrow evening do very well. Tomorrow's match is a good chance for those who have played less so far. I really want the team to give one hundred percent on the pitch, and it's possible that some don't manage to last the entire ninety minutes. But the boys just have to continue to play like they have done in the past few weeks."

Are you encouraged by the fact that Inter have started playing well again at this point in the season?
"The league table would be different now if we had done well in the matches against Fiorentina, Juventus and Livorno. Unfortunately things didn't go well, and when you lose two matches a team can have problems for a while. The fact that we didn't shorten the gap in the table when we had the chance might have affected us a bit."

=========================

MANCINI: "FOCUSED ON THE NOW"
Tuesday, 21 March 2006 16:08:51
APPIANO GENTILE - Part three of Roberto Mancini's pre-Inter v Udinese news conference:

Carlo Ancelotti extended his contract with Milan until 2008 this morning. Would you accept if Inter made you the same offer?
"This is honestly not something I have ever thought about. It made me smile when I read that I would have been sacked if Ajax had knocked us out of the Champions League. Now we're here talking about a renewal. These things aren't important for me. I try to do my job in the best way possible and I'm also aware of the fact that results can change situations. As far as Ancelotti's contract extension is concerned, I have to say that I'm very happy for Carlo. He has done very well with Milan and I think he deserves the renewal."

Massimo Moratti said that your opinion is important as regards the renewal of Alvaro Recoba's contract.
"I don't think this concerns me at the moment. We have two fundamental months from now until the end of the season. If things go well I don't think Chino will have any problems over the renewal, seeing that he never has had."

A question on Ronaldo...
"I'm not replying to any more questions about Ronaldo. If I reply to questions about players I don't want things written that I didn't say, so I won't reply to questions about Ronaldo, Van Nistelrooy, Henry or any other striker. I'm not being polemical, I'm just saying that I don't want things written that I didn't say."

It seems as if Veron is close to staying at Inter. He apparently said that Chelsea's buy-out clause is very high and this would make a return to Argentina less feasible...
"I honestly don't know the contractual situation between Inter and Chelsea. But I think that Veron has an agreement with Inter for next season as well. What I said before also goes for Veron: it's important for the team to do well in these last two months. But we obviously hope he stays. It would be a grave loss if he left."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mancini in no contract rush Tuesday 21 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Mancini has brushed off questions about his future with Inter ahead of the Coppa Italia semi-final with Udinese.

“It amuses me that before the Ajax game there were reports I’d be sacked if we were knocked out of the Champions League, while a week later we are discussing a contract renewal,” smiled the Coach.

“These things are not important to me and I am honestly not thinking about them. I just try to do the best work I can, although I am also aware that results can change the situation.”

It seems that the Italian Press is more focused on next season’s developments than the current scenario, as the Nerazzurri are still in the running for both the Coppa Italia and Champions League.

“I won’t comment on Ronaldo, Ruud van Nistelrooy or Thierry Henry any more. This isn’t trying to cause trouble, I just don’t want to read quotes taken totally out of context,” he warned after yet more questions about transfer rumours surrounding the club.

“There are two crucial months left this season and I think it is important to concentrate on what awaits us then rather than in the distant future.”

Mancini did pause to discuss Juan Sebastian Veron’s situation, as the midfielder could decide to stay on for another year rather than return to Argentina in the summer.

“I honestly don’t know what the contractual status is between Inter and Chelsea, but as far as I know Veron has an agreement with us for next season. We obviously hope he’ll stay and if he did leave then it would be a major loss for us.”

Inter won the Coppa Italia last year and Mancini will be aiming for a second consecutive Final as he welcomes struggling Udinese to San Siro on Wednesday evening.

“Julio Cesar will go in goal with Julio Cruz playing upfront. We will evaluate Sinisa Mihajlovic’s fitness levels before deciding if he’ll also start,” revealed the Coach ahead of the semi-final first leg tie.

“This match is a good opportunity for some players to convince me they deserve to have more space this term. I really want the squad who goes out there to give 100 per cent and continue the kind of form we’ve seen in recent weeks.”

It is a tough debut for Udinese Coach Giovanni Galeone, who takes over from Nestor Sensini and Loris Dominissini in a bid to turn their woeful campaign around.

“It’s a shame to see Udinese in this situation, but I can say that a change of management always brings about a reaction in the players. They’ll also want to go for the Final, so we have to give our best to qualify.”

channel4

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
MANCINI'S SQUAD FOR INTER V UDINESE
Wednesday, 22 March 2006 13:28:01

APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named a 19-man squad for tonight's Tim Cup semi-final first leg against Udinese (21:00, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza):

Goalkeepers: 12 Julio Cesar Soares, 22 Paolo Orlandoni

Defenders: 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Sinisa Mihajlovic, 13 Zé Maria , 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel, 49 Marco Andreolli

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 8 David Pizarro, 18 Cristian Kily González, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Santiago Solari, 31 Cesar

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

-----------------------------------------------

Great stuff Andreolli is called up....but no Momente :(....Adriano, Veron, Toldo, Cordoba and Figo are surely being rested as well as Wome

Good news Solari and Ze Maria are once again called up to the squad

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Little strange to see Momente left out considering Mancini had enough faith in him to play him the the Champions League.

Is he injured?

·
Registered
43,664 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure why Momente was not included. It would be good if Miha, CZ, Solari Pizarro, Ze Maria and Andreolli play.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Carson35 said:
Wed Mar 22 01:30PM Pacific
Wed Mar 22 02:30PM Mountain
Wed Mar 22 03:30PM Central
Wed Mar 22 04:30PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr SDD
RAI International - North America (Digital Cable, Satellite)
Coppa Italia - Semifinale - Andata
Udinese vs Inter Milan

soccertv.com
Dam rai isn't showing this game in africa. For some reason they think we in Africa want to watch some political chat about the upcoming italian election. I don't get why we would want this but those in the americas and australiasia wouldn't??
:frustrat:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts