Xtratime Community banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Patrick Vieira (Inter)
More than one Inter fan had asked why they had even bothered to sign Patrick Vieira from Juventus in 2006 given his struggles since. But even the most critical Nerazzurri follower was silenced on Sunday thanks to the Frenchman’s Palermo display. Power personified, the game’s opening scorer deserved his standing ovation. --C4

I m quite suprised at the press not having much negative news about us, other than that Lip-reading on Zlatan. And did Vieira actually got a standing Ovation...?

Confirmed. Yes he did. I was quite shocked, he played very well.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
man Vieira will pretend that he was just coming back from injury so he cud not have done well against Pool.

And i know as a professional athlete 3 days of training can make a huge difference.

the thing is i do not see a difference in fitness levels at all. I see a difference in his effort. Against Palermo he actually tried to play football

but whatever,,,,hopefully he leaves and takes his crummy attitude with him

F*** VIEIRA....let him go play for only France and see if they pay for his big house and fancy car

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
What's it with Vieira and Palermo? :D :D :D

Didn't he score his first goal with us (one of few) against Palermo if I recall correctlY? D:

·
Registered
64,366 Posts
Yeah, the match winner in the 2-1 away win last season. Good goal that was, too.

·
Registered
64,366 Posts
By the way - just seen the Serie A highlights.. besides Roma's first goal which should have been disallowed like I pointed out yesterday, the referee of the Cagliari-Torino game awarded two very dubious penalties and Santana was offside, hence his goal vs. Genoa shouldn't have stood.

Apparently officiating only gets press in Inter's games. :neutral: < fitting smilie, too.

·
Administrator
53,300 Posts
Now Santana's offside, that was one dead obvious offside signore Tazzy can compare to the Cambiasso one :pp

·
Registered
64,366 Posts
An offside is an offside. Perrotta wasn't offside by centimeters, after all. :)

..Was just watching the game replayed, and I got to say that Materazzi was very solid. As was Burdisso barr a couple of dodgy plays in the second half.

Vieira still doesn't run much but his touches were a joy. :shades:

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
An offside is an offside. Perrotta wasn't offside by centimeters, after all. :)

..Was just watching the game replayed, and I got to say that Materazzi was very solid. As was Burdisso barr a couple of dodgy plays in the second half.

Vieira still doesn't run much but his touches were a joy. :shades:
Yes but according to Fifa directions on offsides when it's very close the advantage is suppose to go to the attacking side not the defensive side.

·
Registered
64,366 Posts
That's if they're on the same line, Perrotta most definitely wasn't.

Check Nacka's robbed&mocked thread.

·
Administrator
53,300 Posts
Indeed offside is an offside. But some go so quick you miss it, or dont notice, while some are obvious. In Perrotta's case, not the commentator, or any of the viewers commented on there being offside in their first goal, there was zero talk about it. Until you posted in that thread, I hadnt seen anyone mention it.

While an offside like Santana's EVERYONE saw it was offside live. They are both offside ofcourse, but there is a difference in noticing them.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
In Perrotta's case, not the commentator, or any of the viewers commented on there being offside in their first goal, there was zero talk about it. Until you posted in that thread, I hadnt seen anyone mention it.

That is the point, had it been Inter everyone would be mentioning it and going over the offside with a fine tooth comb after the match not ingnoring it like Perrotta's.

Even when their isn't an offside or penalty the media finds something, like reading Zlatan's lips.:howler:

Again I don't understand how this is a big surprise to some people when the media bias is so obvious. 100% neutral media watch dog groups around Europe have already downgraded Italy's freedom of the press down to partly-free since Berlusconi era. Its a same level of Turkey and the lowest standard in Western Europe.

Anyway whatever, the media coverage regarding Inter is laughable. Show me some anti-Milan or Roma articles, there are not any, whereas with Inter their are 10 after each match.

·
&#9484;&#8745;&#9488;(&#9699;_&#9698;)&#9484;&#874
31,893 Posts
Its always lonely at the top.......

the rests can only try to bring you down.

or

·
Administrator
53,300 Posts
That is the point, had it been Inter everyone would be mentioning it and going over the offside with a fine tooth comb after the match not ingnoring it like Perrotta's.

Even when their isn't an offside or penalty the media finds something, like reading Zlatan's lips.:howler:

Again I don't understand how this is a big surprise to some people when the media bias is so obvious. 100% neutral media watch dog groups around Europe have already downgraded Italy's freedom of the press down to partly-free since Berlusconi era. Its a same level of Turkey and the lowest standard in Western Europe.

Anyway whatever, the media coverage regarding Inter is laughable. Show me some anti-Milan or Roma articles, there are not any, whereas with Inter their are 10 after each match.
Nice spin :googly:

I mean no one noticed it was offside. Check both game threads in both forums, non of the viewers, me included, noticed it was offside. Not talking about media, but this individual case of offside was hard to catch. Sound like this kind of paranoia imply Milan fans wouldnt complain about an offside goal just to spite Inter with a hush hush routine, thats ridicolous.

Couple of games I seen this week, had offside goals, Fiorentina one was obvious, so was the Man City-Tottenham game, and these sitautions were talked about because it was there for everyone to notice. While it was harder to catch the Roma one (would mentionned it if I saw it like I did with the other two games), hence it didnt get attention due to that. I'm pretty sure ALOT of XT posters saw the great Roma-Milan game, and its no coincidence no one mentionned the offside until Nera showed some clip 2 days later (had to see it 3 times to notice the offside).

It has zilch to do with Inter, but all to do with this individual offside being an unnoticeable one.

·
Registered
64,366 Posts

·
Mourinho &amp; Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I"m sorry but it is just too amusing to see people argue over offsides and stuff. Do you guys believe in UFOs and Roswell as well?

201 - 215 of 215 Posts