XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat Mar 11 11:30AM Pacific
Sat Mar 11 12:30PM Mountain
Sat Mar 11 01:30PM Central
Sat Mar 11 02:30PM Eastern
Length: 2 hr LIVE
RAI International - North America (Digital Cable, Satellite)
Calcio Italiano - Serie A
Inter Milan vs Sampdoria

soccertv.com

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Must close the gap to Milan, or keep it stable . .

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Serie A Week 29 - 11/3/06 (19.30 UK)
Inter - Sampdoria

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter and Sampdoria both have reason to be disappointed with the season so far, and although Inter will be favourites at the San Siro they can be assured that the Blucerchiati will be desperate to take a shock win and put their season back on track.

A late Marco Materazzi equaliser saved a point for the Nerazzurri against Roma last weekend but the result allowed Inter's city rivals to pull four points clear of them in second place and Fiorentina to move within three points. After promising so much, Coach Roberto Mancini - who spent 15 years at Sampdoria as a player - knows that if his side don't find form fast the season will be declared a failure.

Sampdoria have lacked consistency and as a result have only a slim chance of competing in next year's UEFA Cup. Coach Walter Novellino - hotly tipped to take the Palermo job in the summer - bemoaned the lack of a killer instinct after being edged out 1-0 by Juventus last weekend, but spoke of his pride at the performance. Since losing Emiliano Bonazzoli to injury in the first days of 2006, the Genoa side have had to rely on goals from the midfield and will especially need to do so with Fabio Bazzani also out for the season.

Julio Cesar, Giuseppe Favalli, Marco Andreolli and Aparecido Cesar are all still out of action. Marco Materazzi and Javier Zanetti are suspended. Juan Sebastian Veron, who spent time at Sampdoria, is still not match fit despite rigorous fitness work with the Inter's other unfit players - Adriano, Jose Ze' Maria, Walter Samuel and fellow ex-Sampdoria man Sinisa Mihajlovic - on the golf course opposite the Biscioni's Angelo Moratti training complex.

Aside from the striking crisis, Novellino cannot call upon defenders Simone Pavan, Alessandro Bastrini and Mark Iuliano. Aimo Diana is suspended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter: Toldo; Burdisso, Cordoba, Samuel, Wome; Figo, Pizarro, Cambiasso, Stankovic; Adriano, Martins

Sampdoria: Antonioli; Zenoni, Castellini, Falcone, Pisano; Gasbarroni, Volpi, Dalla Bona, Tonetto; Kutuzov, Flachi

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Adriano - Recoba I wish

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
INTER V SAMPDORIA: DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
Tuesday, 07 March 2006 18:44:47
MILAN - Marco Materazzi and Javier Zanetti, who were both on cautions before receiving yellow cards against Roma at the Olimpico, have each been handed a one-match suspension by the Lega Calcio's Disciplinary Commission and are therefore ruled out of Saturday evening's Serie A Week 29 match between Inter and Sampdoria (20:30, Stadio Giuseppe Meazza).

Disciplinary situation for Inter v Sampdoria:

INTER
Disqualified: Marco Materazzi, Javier Zanetti
Cautioned: Nicolas Burdisso, Luis Figo , Dejan Stankovic

SAMPDORIA
Disqualified: Aimo Diana
Cautioned: Simone Pavan, Marco Pisano, Max Tonetto, Sergio Volpi

inter.it

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Adriano better have learnt something from that suspension and trained hard, coz we desperately need him back to his old self...and we also have a little ingredient called Recoba that may help him on the way to full form :)

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
vlepnat said:
Adriano better have learnt something from that suspension and trained hard, coz we desperately need him back to his old self...and we also have a little ingredient called Recoba that may help him on the way to full form :)
Dude, I dont think Recoba has the slightest chance of playing this game. I'm sure Mancini will play Martins or Cruz ahead of him.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Looking forward to Adriano . .

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
We badly need maximum points from this one. I don't fancy a repeat of 03/04, when we had to wait untill day 34 (against Empoli) to be able to know our fate. It was nerve recking, to say the least. :stress: Fiorentina and Roma are on our tails. Milan are 4 points ahead. We need to start winning consistently now as there are only 10 matches to go. We can't make up for lost ground as the season is approaching it's climax.

I can't believe I'll actually be rooting for i ladri on Sunday. Disgusting, disgusting feeling. Sickening.

Our league form since 2006 started has been poor, both results and performance wise. We had more wins than draws/defeats, but even the wins weren't quite convincing.

Our last 5 league matches ; LLDWD

We're at home, and Samp are struggling so there's a good chance of victory. We'll be missing Zanetti but it's good news somehow, as the Ajax match on tuesday is crucial. Good rest for him. Burdisso will fill-in as per gazzetta. Wome will start :scared: God help us. At least Diana's suspended, but Gasbarroni is a very good player too...

Veron's back, hopefully he'll get 20-30 minutes of action.

Inter

1 Toldo
3 Burdisso
2 Cordoba
25 Samuel
33 Wome
7 Figo
8 Pizarro
19 Cambiasso
5 Stankovic
10 Adriano
30 Martins

A disposizione
12 Julio Cesar
6 C. Zanetti
14 Veron
18 Kily Gonzalez
9 Cruz
31 Cesar
20 Recoba

Allenatore
Mancini

Sampdoria

21 Antonioli
77 Zenoni
14 Castellini
19 Falcone
26 Pisano
7 Gasbarroni
4 Volpi
8 Dalla Bona
22 Tonetto
13 Kutuzov
10 Flachi

A disposizione
1 Castellazzi
15 Sala
29 Mingozzi
11 Marchesetti
17 Palombo
88 Foti
27 Colombo

Allenatore
Novellino

FORZA INTER !!!!!! :fero:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
CMONNN INTERRR

:fero:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Sampdoira actually looked pretty good against Juve, this match won't be easy.

Wome wasn't that bad against Roma and believe it or not I think he is more effective as a left back then Burdisso. Burdisso is hands down a better overrall player and a good center-back but he is not suited to play left back.

We must win this match, second place is ours for the taking.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Recoba is in great form though

So there's no doubt that he should start this match for sure

If he doesn't start i doubt INTEr will do well in this game

I expect great things from Recoba in this end of the season

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
This is what I want to see

=====================Toldo or Cesar==================
JZ==========Cordoba=========Samuel==========Favalli
=Figo========Veron=========Cambiasso=========Stankovic=
=============Recoba==========Adriano=============

Coach: Hitzfeld.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Must win...I hope Wome comes in as an attacking midfielder...he really sucks as a defender...last weeks game in the 2nd half was probably his best game as an Inter player...

I'd like to see Adriano scoring again...

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Pastor Ukweli said:
I'd like to see Adriano scoring again...
Days since Adriano's last goal...

55 :stress::depress::frownani:

FORZA L'IMPERATORE!!!! :star: We have faith in you. :cool: :thumbsup:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No doubt I wanted to sell that Brazilian ghettodopeblaster, but after hearing his words for Inter I figured he can stay and work shit out.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mancio unleashes Adri on Samp Saturday 11 March, 2006

Roberto Mancini prepares to visit his old club Sampdoria this evening and hopes Adriano can lead the way to victory after the end of his two-match ban.

“Adriano has worked very intensely for two weeks and the work he has done will probably have its best effects later on in the season, but I think he’s already much better,” said the Inter Coach. “I hope he’ll score two goals against Samp to make up for the games he missed.”

The Brazilian, who has been struggling badly for form since the turn of the year, is not the only player who is making his comeback at Marassi. Juan Sebastian Veron and goalkeeper Julio Cesar have also recovered from their injuries, though Javier Zanetti and Marco Materazzi are suspended.

“Veron has made definite improvements in his condition and we’ll decide before the game whether he’ll start or sit on the bench, but he will certainly play against Ajax on Tuesday. David Pizarro is a risk with flu, so we could just play with two defensive midfielders in the centre.”

The Nerazzurri need to get back on track after losing second place to Milan during a disappointing month in which they suffered two costly defeats on the trot.

“We lost against Fiorentina and Juventus, but deserved at least a draw from both of them,” insisted Mancini. “The problem with being in the chasing pack is that you can’t relax for a second, as you have to keep on winning at all times. I was impressed by our performance in the 1-1 draw with Roma, though, so we have emerged from this difficult time.”

Sampdoria have also stuttered over the past few weeks and have lost their last two consecutive Serie A games, but the Blucerchiati old boy is not underestimating them.

“They were very unlucky against Siena after a great performance and impressed against Juventus last week. It’s always difficult to take on Samp, as they are one of those tough sides like Chievo, Palermo and Fiorentina. They are organised, work hard and don’t sit back and defend. It’ll be a good test ahead of Ajax.”

Mancio has been in the media spotlight with some suggesting a season without silverware will see him replaced at the end of the season, but rumours he was “alone” in the club set-up riled him.

“I read claims I was abandoned within the side, but I’d like to point out that is completely untrue. I am happy here and do not feel alone. Besides, at times I quite like being on my own, too. I just wanted to clarify that.”

Inter squad: Toldo, Julio Cesar; Cordoba, Burdisso, Mihajlovic, Samuel, Wome, Andreolli; Stankovic, C Zanetti, Figo, Pizarro, Veron, Cambiasso, Cesar; Cruz, Adriano, Recoba, Martins.

channel4

1 - 20 of 117 Posts