Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTER V BENFICA: TICKET INFO
Saturday, 06 March 2004 12:38:12
MILAN -�0…2 FC Internazionale communicates that season ticket holders will be able to exercise their pre-emption right to buy tickets for the Uefa Cup fourth round return leg between Inter and Benfica (Thursday 25 March at 21:00) on Monday 8 until Friday 12 March at all branches of Banca Popolare di Milano.

Tickets will go on general sale from Monday 15 March until the day of the match, and will be available for purchase at BPM branches and on the Ticketone network.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UEFA CUP DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
Monday, 08 March 2004 16:05:45
MILAN - Inter's disciplinary situation relative to Thursday evening's Uefa Cup fourth round first leg away to Benfica:

Suspended:
Mohamed Kallon
Marco Materazzi
Christian Vieri

Cautioned
Thomas Helveg
C.Zanetti

1 yellow card
Daniele Adani
Jeremie Brechet
Fabio Cannavaro
Julio Ricardo Cruz
Emre Belozoglu
Cristian Kily Gonzalez
Okan Buruk
Giovanni Pasquale
Alvaro Recoba
J. Zanetti

inter.it

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

MILAN - Thursday evening's Uefa Cup fourth round first leg between Benfica and Inter will be refereed by Jan W. Wegereef. The Dutch official will be assisted by linesmen Adriaan Inia and Wijnand Rutgers, and by fourth man Dick J.H. Van Egmond.

;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody gonna watch this match live??

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CORDOBA: "UNITED AND CONFIDENT"
Tuesday, 09 March 2004 15:59:18
APPIANO GENTILE - Nerazzurri defender Ivan Ramiro Cordoba spoke to Inter Channel about Thursday's Uefa Cup fourth round match away to Benfica.

"It will be an important clash for us, we want to show that in the match against Roma we deserved a different result," said the Colombia captain. "The match with Benfica gives us the chance to show that we've started playing well again."

Cordoba added: "The defence is letting in a lot of goals? We still have to speak with the coach and clear up all the situations related to the goals we let in at Roma. We'll be focused and have the right determination against Benfica, and this situation just has to give us even more strength.

"We must be as united as possible so we can get through the Uefa Cup round. In terms of our game the performance against Roma was gratifying, this is why we're confident about Thursday evening's game."

===============

ADANI: "WE CONTINUE TO GIVE EVERYTHING"
Tuesday, 09 March 2004 16:16:01
APPIANO GENTILE - "Getting through the Uefa Cup round against Sochaux has certainly been the most positive fact of this period," said Daniele Adani in an interview with Inter Channel.

"But all this is already under threat in Thursday evening's match in Portugal. To give continuity to the good work we have done in the Uefa Cup we'll have to face Benfica with the same spirit we had when we played against the French.

"Our objective is to qualify for the quarter-finals by eliminating a team which is in any case a tough nut to crack."

How are you psychologically?
"Well. When you work with maximum commitment and dedication you have a clear conscience. This is an unfortunate period. We played a good match in Rome and we paid more than we should have. We continue to give everything. In general we must try and make as few mistakes as possible and take better advantage of the many chances we create. We really want to do well."

inter.it

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Carson35 said:
anybody gonna watch this match live??
uh !! :mad:

I just knew the schedule :

UEFA CUP UEFA CUP 2003/04
GLASGOW, SCOTLAND
Celtic Vs FC Barcelona 4th Round Leg 1(L)

=========

UEFA CUP UEFA CUP 2003/04
ROME, ITALY
AS Roma Vs Villareal 4th Round Leg 2(L)

=========

:rolleyes: :stress: :sob: :yuck: :fero: :depress: :dazed: :eek: :mad: :( :( :( :( :( :(

plzz inter.... get past Benfica.... then I might get to watch our match ??:confused:

:(

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
If Benfica are anywhere near Porto's class then we're in deep, DEEP Shit.

Cautioned
Thomas Helveg
Great ! Hope he gets booked in Lisbon.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UEFA suspend Vieri Wednesday 10 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Vieri has only been handed a one-match ban by UEFA after his red card for elbowing a Sochaux player.

The Inter striker was sent off in the closing stages of that 0-0 draw, which enabled the Nerazzurri to qualify for the Fourth Round on away goals.

Vieri had always protested his innocence and the Disciplinary Commission accepted that there was no intent to harm Maxence Flachez.

In fact, the Sochaux player and President Jean-Claude Plessis told the commission that the incident had been cleared up after the final whistle and that no further action needed to be taken.

Vieri will miss the first leg of their UEFA Cup tie with Benfica, planned for tomorrow evening.

Inter have released a statement to thank Sochaux and Flachez ¡°for their fair play and co-operation.¡±

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BENFICA V INTER: 22 PLAYERS CALLED UP
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 09:28:01
APPIANO GENTILE - Alberto Zaccheroni has called up twenty-two players for tomorrow night's Uefa Cup fourth round first leg away to Benfica:

Goalkeepers: Alex Cordaz (71), Alberto Fontana (12), Francesco Toldo (1)

Defenders: Daniele Adani (15), Jeremie Brechet (31), Fabio Cannavaro (17), Ivan Cordoba (2), Carlos Gamarra (24), Thomas Helveg (13)

Midfielders: Fabrizio Biava (29), Okan Buruk (22), Francisco Farinos (14), Georgios Karagounis (19), Cristian Kily Gonzalez (18), Sabri Lamouchi (8), Giovanni Pasquale (26), Andy van der Meyde (7), Cristiano Zanetti (6), Javier Zanetti (4)

Strikers: Julio Ricardo Cruz (9), Obafemi Martins (30), Alvaro Recoba (20)

inter.it

==================

UEFA CUP: VIERI BAN CONFIRMED
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 16:17:39
MILAN - Uefa's Disciplinary and Control Body, which met this morning in Nyon, Switzerland, has definitively sanctioned Christian Vieri 's red card in last week's match between Inter and Sochaux with a one-match suspension.

The decision was made after examination of videotape evidence and documentation sent by Inter and the French club. Commission president Josep Villaseca Guasch, vice president Jacques Antenen and member Sandor Berzi took into great consideration the testimonies of Sochaux president Jean-Claude Plessis and player Maxence Flachez, who, with videotape support, confirmed the unintentionality of the Nerazzurri forward's actions and the non-existence of violent gestures.

Vieri will therefore remain unavailable for tomorrow night's Uefa Cup fourth round first leg against Benfica in Lisbon and will be newly available for selection for the return match.

Inter president Giacinto Facchetti thanks the Sochaux management and player Flachez for their cooperation.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZACCHERONI: "ONLY WINNING COUNTS"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 17:04:59
LISBON - "All Inter need at the moment is a positive result. Only winning counts. You need legs and feet to play football, but the mind is fundamental. Considering our recent results, a brilliant result in the Uefa Cup would give us strength, morale and enthusiasm, which would also help us reach the objective in the championship that is still within our reach."

That was the message of Alberto Zaccheroni, who answered questions from the media at the recently concluded news conference held at the team's hotel in Lisbon, where tomorrow night the Nerazzurri take on Benfica in the Uefa Cup fourth round first leg at the 60,000-seater Nova Catedral stadium.

"Benfica are an important opponent," added Zaccheroni. "They are very competitive in attack and we'll face them with respect, but without fear."

Coming up on Inter.it, more from the Inter head coach's news conference.

============

ZACCHERONI: "I WANT A LIVELY INTER"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 18:40:00
LISBON - Alberto Zaccheroni news conference (1):

From which signs must you start off again?
"I've seen a lively team, but the result always depends on whether you take advantage of episodes or not. Lately we've given too much away though we have created good chances. We must maintain this number of good chances created and return to playing like we did before, by creating the conditions to put the ball into the net."

Psychologically it hasn't been the same Inter since the defeat to Lazio in Rome...
"I don't think so. It's true that a team built to aim high tends to give up when it sees its objectives fade. But this certainly isn't the case for this team. Other factors have had an effect. It's true that a win against Lazio would have put us in second place, but after that defeat there has been every possibility to improve."

Can we expect a change of module for tomorrow night's match?
"Some have linked my name to a certain module, but I think I've played with every possible system. I don't change my set-up just because of one or two absent players. I must always bear in mind the team's necessities, put every player in the condition to give their best and play with a compact team which has as many solutions as possible when in possession of the ball, a team which fights for every ball. It's clear that if Vieri is on the pitch he must be served in a certain way, while you need to move differently if Recoba and Cruz are on the pitch."

=============

ZACCHERONI: "WE BELIEVE IN VAN DER MEYDE"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 18:53:09
LISBON - Alberto Zaccheroni news conference (2):

Is Alvaro Recoba ready to play tomorrow evening?
"I'm counting on having three strikers, four with van der Meyde , who I regard as a very versatile attacking midfielder capable of playing in both roles."

Could the injuries be an alibi?
"I don't look for alibis, I have a large and good squad. It's clear that because of the injuries I have always had to change formation and so the players have always had to change their reference points on the pitch. But we have a large and quality squad.

What has happened to van der Meyde ? How is the Dutchman?
"He's a player of great quality who should always be put in the right conditions to express himself. In particular, I think of him as the expression of an enthusiastic type of football and recent results certainly haven't helped him. And let's not forget that he has also been forced to play in a role which isn't his. He's very young and comes from a different environment. He's capable of making excellent crosses, he has great technique, he's capable of kicking like few others are. He's more of a provider than a scorer, but he'll score a lot because of his important qualities. Inter must persevere with van der Meyde , independently of how long it takes him to adapt."

What can you tell us about Benfica?
"Along with Real Madrid they are a team that when I was young represented quality football from the west. They represent the history of Portugal in those years and should be faced as such. I know several of their players well, for example Geovanni, Sokota, Simao and Tiago. They play a rapid and fast football and must be faced with great attention. Inter will have to be punctual when making interventions."

===============

ZACCHERONI: "WE WANT TO GET THROUGH"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 19:13:35
LISBON - Alberto Zaccheroni news conference (3):

How is the defence?
"I believe I'm allergic to letting in goals, though I've always said that I play attacking football. I have always looked for balance, like in those two months when we scored goals easily and didn't concede any. We're aware that we're letting in too many goals and giving away too many chances. We've lacked a bit of attention because of the negative results."

What do Inter need now?
"An important result, no matter how we do it."

What are you expecting from tomorrow evening's match?
"A good result and, above all, not a defeat. Even though the objective is a positive result."

According to Benfica coach Camacho Inter are favourites, above all because of the strength of the club. Do you agree with this opinion?
"I would have preferred him to say that we're favourites because we're a stronger team. I don't know if we're favourites because we have come from the Champions League , but the strength of the club counts for little on the pitch. I certainly don't think we're favourites because we're stronger economically."

The Benfica defence was criticised after the match with Rosenborg. Do you think this is their weak point?
"Our defence has also been heavily criticised. At the moment we have a high average of goals let in, but this is also a consequence of the other departments. Benfica's best department is certainly their attack."

What do you think of this Benfica side?
"I think they are an excellent team that, like Inter, haven't had an important success for a long time. They have a good coach who I know personally."

Benfica will be without Nuno Gomez, who is suspended. Is this an advantage?
"Nuno Gomez is a very good player who also did great things at Fiorentina. His absence is an advantage for us, just like it's an advantage for them that Vieri and Adriano won't play."

Camacho says that you have more solutions on the bench...
"Perhaps it's true in attack, but not for the other departments."

How important are these two matches for Inter?
"Not getting through the round would mean giving up one of the two objectives we have at the moment. Getting through the round is also important for the championship. We're fine physically, but psychologically we've been affected too much."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TOLDO: "LET'S PLEASE THE FANS"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 10:57:03
MILAN - Before leaving for Lisbon, Nerazzurri goalkeeper Francesco Toldo spoke to journalists present at Milan's Malpensa airport.

"I understand the criticism and the praise the team gets, but it's fundamental to keep the balance," said Toldo . "The most important thing at the moment is to recover serenity. I don't want to say that the worst is over, but it has surely been a delicate moment.

"Samuel's disallowed goal in Roma v Inter? My arm still hurts because of what happened, the foul was clear. If a goalkeeper is hit when he jumps it's always a foul.

Watching tomorrow night's match in Lisbon will be the coaches of the sixteen nations through to this summer's European Championship in Portugal. Toldo commented: "It's an extra responsibility for us, they already know all of us. The most important thing will be to give joy to all the Inter fans and those that will be there to support us."

==========

TOLDO: "WE'RE DOING EVERYTHING TO PICK UP"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 11:03:39
MILAN - Comments from Francesco Toldo prior to leaving for Portugal:

"It hasn't been an easy time for Inter. At the moment they [the other teams] are all complaining that they have a few injuries, but we've been living with this situation for two months. At the start of the season we certainly had to change coach, but we must say that since then we've done everything to recover the points dropped."

============

ADANI: "GRIT AND DETERMINATION"
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 11:10:37
MILAN - Inter defender Daniele Adani spoke to reporters before boarding the Nerazzurri's flight to Lisbon.

"Let's remember that the match is decided over one hundred and eighty minutes. We played a good match in Rome, now we want to do well in Lisbon," said Adani .

"It's an important match, we have to play with grit and determination and make the effort until the end. We must reach an important result that we really want to get. Our morale is a bit low because of this moment we're going through, but we want to pick up."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BENFICA V INTER LIVE ON THE INTERNET
Wednesday, 10 March 2004 21:22:45
MILAN - Thursday evening's Uefa Cup fourth round first leg between Benfica and Inter (kick-off 21:00CET) will be available live and free of charge to our worldwide fan community via a free broadband TV transmission over the Internet.

Users outside Italy with Windows Media Player installed on their computers will be able to enjoy this top-quality service complete with English-language commentary.

A recorded version of the match will be available from Friday 12 March onwards.

This initiative was made possible thanks to rights holders Global Sportnet and technology partner Narrowstep.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Uefa Cup Preview: Benfica-Inter
Inter - Benfica | Latest News | Match Preview | News Archive

Cruz to lead Inter's attack (Getty Images)
03/11/2004. Inter travel to A Luz in Lisbon to face Benfica in the first leg of the Uefa Cup fourth round.

Both teams are passing through a bad league form with Benfica in third place 14 points adrift of league leaders Porto while Inter lie in seventh place, fighting for the last possible Champions League spot and having lost their last 4 consecutive Serie A matches. Therefore this comPetition has become important for both Benfica and Inter who see it as their only chance for silverware this season.

The home team made it to this stage thanks to wins in the previous rounds against La Louviere, Molde and Rosenborg without impressing much. In the last round against Rosenborg they were only able to go through thanks to the away goal rule.

After crashing out of the Champions League, Inter made itto the Uefa thanks to their third spot placing in Europe's most important competition and therefore skipped the first two Uefa Cup rounds. The only match they played up till now in this competition was against Sochaux and even in this case, an away goal was the deciding factor for the qualification.

This match brings great memories to Inter, as Benfica was the team they defeated in the 194/65 Champions Cup season to win their last trophy in that competition.

Camacho will not be able to play with Mantorras and Argel who are both unavailable due to injury. On the other hand Inter have Vieri and Materazzi suspended while Coco, Almeyda, Gamarra and Emre are still injured.

PROBABLE FORMATIONS:

Benfica (4-3-3): Moreira; Da Silva, Cristiano, Ricardo ROCHA, Joao Pereira; Petit, Zahovic, Tiago; Simão Sabrosa, Nuno Gomes, Miguel

Inter (3-4-3): Toldo; Cordoba, Adani, Cannavaro; Zanetti J., Zanetti C, Farinos, Okan; van der Meyde, Cruz, Martins

Glenn Debattista

soccerage

================

Uefa Cup Prediction: Benfica-Inter
Inter - Benfica | Latest News | SA Predictions - UEFA | News Archive

03/11/2004. With the two fallen giants facing each other in the Uefa Cup fourth round, nothing much should be expected from the first leg as both teams will give it all in the second. 0-0
Glenn Debattista

soccerage

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
dian said:
The kick-off time is given in CET. How do I convert it to GMT?
I can't help you on that. But I think this will help you :

www.livescore.com
or
www.livegoal.net

check that site. there, you will be to find out how many hours' left for the game as it shows the current time and the match time. It doesn't matter where the current time is of. Just calculate how many hours' and minutes' left. I hope this will help you. If you still couldn't get it and tell me.....

;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts