Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
genoa and we are the only 2 teams that are unbeaten at home this season... i didn't realize that they are that good at home...wow...

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Records are there to be broken.

Play Balotelli. Let him also play in the Coppa, let him score and build confidence to boost his enormous ego.

And THEN play him against Man Utd, he will rip them apart.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Most teams must get distracted by the smell of fish :pp

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I wouldn't mind if Inter rested Ibra, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Samuel, and even J. Cesar

Tues. Inter plays the toughest match they will have all season, even if they make the CL final

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
This match is also an important match, I think Adriano-Ibra-Maicon-Cambi-JZ will play this one. While Resting on SampD.

·
Registered
59,715 Posts
Mourinho might be on to something. He threw the Samp match to lure Genoa into complacency. :stuckup:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Two tough games, this one has me a bit worried, even more so then after a recent poor form after New Years.

Ibra coming off injury.

Defense looking like shit.

Samuel injured still??

Maicon has his head in Brazil, maybe thinking of carnival??

We are away from the Meazza.

Genoa are really tough at home.

This does not bold well for us.

·
Registered
59,715 Posts
Genoa don't have a genius like Cassano in their ranks but as a team they play better football than Samp (sorry Toni, hehe)

They gave us problems in the Meazza, and in fact managed to take a point with 10 players and could have won had not for a few Cesar saves. Hopefully we'll get to create more than we did at home.

Of course we can't be giving away freebies in defence. Imo, of the 6 goals we let in most recently, 4 are absolutely AMATEURISH.

Forza Inter. Win for us.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't mind if Inter rested Ibra, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Samuel, and even J. Cesar

Tues. Inter plays the toughest match they will have all season, even if they make the CL final
:eek:

this game is important too...:smileani:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
:eek:

this game is important too...:smileani:
7 points ahead and already played AC Milan and Roma

lets give the coppa team another shot but replace Javier for Burdisso:howler:

I really don't care if we lose as long as no starter gets injured I will be happy with that

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
7 points are not safe at this point...we still have juventus away..and our guys have the tendency of playing bad against some lesser teams...atalanta :eek: torino... :eek:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Serie A Week 27 - 7/3/09 (17.00 UK)
Genoa - Inter
Stadio Ferraris

With Juventus closing the gap to seven points and Champions League chasing Genoa unbeaten at home, could Inter’s Scudetto certainty be chipped away even further?

It has been a fiery week for the Nerazzurri, as Jose Mourinho drew criticism from all quarters for his seven-minute rant against the Italian media and suggestions his side was favoured in the 3-3 draw with Roma. They were trailing 2-0 and 3-1 in that game, but fought back to keep Juve at bay to the tune of seven points rather than the previous nine.

Genoa aren’t new to controversy either, as in the last few weeks they have been so angry at Fiorentina’s comeback from 3-0 down to 3-3 with the last kick of the game that their fans attacked the visiting team bus. Were it not for that Adrian Mutu hat-trick, the Grifone would now be in fourth place, but their push for an audacious Champions League slot continues apace.

Home form has been crucial so far, as the Rossoblu are unbeaten at Marassi this season with eight wins and four draws, scoring 25 goals and conceding just 10. Only Inter have a similar domestic record and the tie will be given extra spice by reports the visitors are preparing a massive summer bid for Diego Milito. The Argentine has scored 15 goals in 22 Serie A appearances in his debut top-flight campaign.

Mourinho has every reason to be worried about this trip, as Genoa held his men to a 0-0 draw at San Siro in October despite seeing Ivan Juric sent off an hour into the match and nearly won it with Julio Cesar’s last gasp saves.

Last season at Marassi it was a 1-1 scoreline with Inter midfielder Pele seeing red just before the break, confirming this is a fiery fixture with a total of 10 dismissals in 41 editions. The Nerazzurri haven’t won here since Jurgen Klinsmann decided a 2-1 result in May 1992, followed by two draws and as many defeats.

Inter showed in the Roma draw that they can score goals without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who missed that game with a slight muscular twinge. The giant Swede could be rested again ahead of the crunch match with Manchester United, as Mario Balotelli bagged a brace and Hernan Crespo proved he can still find the net even though he barely steps on to the field nowadays.

Walter Samuel is injured and Patrick Vieira sits out a ban, so Sulley Ali Muntari returns to the midfield. Marco Materazzi could make a comeback in central defence to rest Cristian Chivu, though Julio Cruz and Nelson Rivas are likely to be frozen out once more following their dismal Manchester United showing.

Genoa are missing Matteo Paro and Antony Vanden Borre, but basically have a full squad to choose from. Recently Gian Piero Gasperini has been starting with Giandomenico Mesto as part of the trident attack, making the most of his alternative role as a full-back, and bringing on Giuseppe Sculli when the opponents are tired. Bosko Jankovic should get the nod ahead of Raffaele Palladino and former Inter defender Matteo Ferrari protects Rubinho.

Keep an eye on: Diego Milito (Genoa) – El Principe said this week he is happy at Marassi and can prove it to his fans by scoring against the club that wants to tempt him away. Give Milito a chance and he will take it, so he will have been intrigued by the statistic that Inter have conceded five goals in three games.

Last season: Genoa 1-1 Inter

Form guide: Genoa (W L D W D) Inter (D W W W D)
Genoa (probable): Rubinho; Biava, Ferrari, Bocchetti; Rossi, Thiago Motta, Juric, Criscito; Mesto, Milito, Jankovic

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba, Materazzi, Santon; Muntari, Cambiasso, Zanetti; Stankovic; Balotelli, Adriano

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I don't think Balotelli will start,

hopefully they rest Maicon, Zanetti and Cambiasso, they gonna need all the energy they have against UTD

stank should be subbed off too,

in a way it is kind of good inter lost so badly yesterday because maybe they will go out determined tomorrow and end the game in the 1st half.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Let me guess.. after the SampD Rotation, this match and then ManUtd should be playing first choices.
-----------------

Cesar - Rested

Maicon - Considered Rested
X (dont know)
X (dont know)
Santon - Rested

Zanetti - No need to Rest :eek:
Cambiasso - Rested
Muntari - Vieira is Suspended for this one, but for ManUtd

Stankovic - Rested

Ibrahimovic - Rested
Crespo - Adriano to take a break , he looked Drained

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Genoa v Inter: disciplinary info
Thursday, 05 March 2009 08:56:02
[FOTO Thursday, 05 March 2009 08:56:02]

MILAN - Here's the disciplinary information for Saturday's Serie A Week 27 match at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa (kick-off 18:00):

Genoa
Cautioned: Biava, Ferrari, Jankovic, T.Motta, Papastathopoulos, Rossi, Vanden Borre.
Disqualified: -

Inter
Cautioned: Samuel, Zanetti.
Disqualified: Vieira.

inter.it

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
"In defence there will be the same players who were on the pitch against Sampdoria, with Nicolas Burdisso and Davide Santon as well,"

:confused: How's that the same then...Does that mean Rivas will play RB again?

Rivas-Cordoba-Burdisso-Santon Looks fuc*ed up to me.:yuck:
Burdisso-Cordoba-Matrix-Santon??
Other than that, i think we are playing full strength.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i think he meant those who will be called up for the match, not for the starting lineup :).. i expect to see Maicon Cordoba Materazzi/Burdisso Santon in defense

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
[tub]b0wxEGgQEnA[/tub]

Its amazing how we managed to win the scudetto last year despite the refs targeting us :eek: and yes I'll whine about any little thing like
all people in Italy seems love to do :party:

1 - 20 of 203 Posts